The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby The Jim Jones Cocktail Hour » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:31 am

A charge that could never be laid at the feet of old Dragon Bummer. I often wonder if he was caught in the BBDA of his own weapon at some point.
The Jim Jones Cocktail Hour

Postby Bones McCoy » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:13 am

Etranger2 wrote:
Captain Fucking Obvious wrote:..
What did John the OFM do anyway? If Bill keeps banning people at this rate he will soon have no one left but poor dirt farmers who can't read and write.

He was implicitly accused of being too 'woke' & left wing for TMP at one point (by Dragon Gunner IIRC) ....

Nikolaos Michaloliakos would be too 'woke' & left wing for TMP.
Bones McCoy

Postby Derek H » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:35 am

Voice From Limbo wrote:
Bones McCoy wrote:
Captain Fucking Obvious wrote:
Arnald wrote:Well. John the OFM has gone from account temporarily locked - e mail someone to account locked.

Anyone willing to take a bet on when John will come crawling back to lick Bill's arse?

He will have to get in line, Bill spends most of his day getting his chocolate yum yum hole licked by much more attractive prospects.

What did John the OFM do anyway? If Bill keeps banning people at this rate he will soon have no one left but poor dirt farmers who can't read and write.

OFM posted something about wargaimng on one of the Doc's threads.
We can't be having gamers spoiling our Klan meetings with their painting, rules, scales and terrain talk.

That wasn't the thread that got him locked. It was the now-disappeared "Are some manufacturers trying to destroy TMP?" thread. He said "No, not really". That's calling Bill a liar.

That will be the one. Bill needs external enemies to keep the faithful onside.

Wish someone had managed to archive the thread.
Pimping my blog at http://dereksweetoys.com/
Derek H

Postby Derek H » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:41 am

The OFM was quite right with his "not really".

There was a flurry of activity a while ago with people in the trade removing their advertising from TMP and suggesting that others should follow suit. But it's all gone quiet and there's currently no active campaign to "destroy TMP".

There are quite a few manufacturers who'd be quite happy if TMP died, loads who just wouldn't give a shit and a very small number who'd actually care (Hello Martin)

Most of the happiness would come from the removal of a toxic cesspool that gives wargamers and wargaming a bad name and can give casual observers the impression that we're all RWNJs.
Derek H

Postby Derek H » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:16 pm

Bill seems to have ended his Freedom of Speech membership drive. The banner ads have gone, I've just mashed the reload button on ten different random front page posts until I'd seen 50 of his banners and not one of them was part of that set.

Sensible move from Bill. That whole campaign was nothing but a sad joke.
Derek H

Postby Captain Fucking Obvious » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:49 pm

Derek H wrote:The OFM was quite right with his "not really".

There was a flurry of activity a while ago with people in the trade removing their advertising from TMP and suggesting that others should follow suit. But it's all gone quiet and there's currently no active campaign to "destroy TMP".

There are quite a few manufacturers who'd be quite happy if TMP died, loads who just wouldn't give a shit and a very small number who'd actually care (Hello Martin)

Most of the happiness would come from the removal of a toxic cesspool that gives wargamers and wargaming a bad name and can give casual observers the impression that we're all RWNJs.

Does anyone know what the pricing plan is for advertisers? I doubt that TMP will die anytime soon to a level that advertisers care about. Just the fact that there is a website that attracts wargaming eyeballs is enough to generate advertising. Take Old Glory, they don't seem to advertise anywhere else and advertising on TMP has got to be cheap for them compared to how many views they get. From Old Glory's standpoint, TMP is perfect because the audience is mostly miserly old men who want to hoard inexpensive figure mountains they will never paint.
Captain Fucking Obvious

Postby Derek H » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:34 pm

Captain Fucking Obvious wrote:Does anyone know what the pricing plan is for advertisers? I doubt that TMP will die anytime soon to a level that advertisers care about. Just the fact that there is a website that attracts wargaming eyeballs is enough to generate advertising. Take Old Glory, they don't seem to advertise anywhere else and advertising on TMP has got to be cheap for them compared to how many views they get. From Old Glory's standpoint, TMP is perfect because the audience is mostly miserly old men who want to hoard inexpensive figure mountains they will never paint.

Info about TMP advertising is at http://theminiaturespage.com/ads/

TMP will die when Bill does, when income generated by the site drops to a level where Bill can't be arsed any more, or if Bill ever manages to get a real job.
Derek H

Postby Hermit » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:38 pm

I think Bill shows his advertisers the hit-count on his site, which include the ones which point and laugh at the rancid nature of its content. It's one of the reasons I don't click on any of the links posted in this thread, even the ones you've posted to his ads (no offence Derek H).

I just won't give that nasty place hits in any way shape or form.
Hermit

Postby nonsuch » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:40 pm

TMP will die when Bill does

After eight years of ranting, you finally realised that, slow or what.
nonsuch

Postby Derek H » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:54 pm

nonsuch wrote:
TMP will die when Bill does

After eight years of ranting, you finally realised that, slow or what.

I did give two other possible ends.

We had the what happens when Bill dies conversation years ago.
Derek H

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot