State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:49 pm

Voice From Limbo wrote:That photo of Fleming blowing gently on the muzzle of a revolver always struck me as a bit odd.

That's just Fleming being a Gemini...
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby kyotebue2 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:07 pm

Turns out that the leader of The Proud Boys is an informant...this should escalate.
kyotebue2

Postby Altius » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:28 pm

How long do you think it’ll be before the US is involved in an open civil war?

A). We are there already
B). 1-3 months
C). 3-6 months
D). 6-9 months

EDIT: Followup question - what figures would you use to game it?
I'm not a bad man but in certain situations I have to ask myself - what would a bad man do?
Altius

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:02 pm

kyotebue2 wrote:Turns out that the leader of The Proud Boys is an informant...this should escalate.

The “kid” in the Wolverine Militia who plotted to kidnap the Governor has also turned.

Haven’t these yokels ever heard of “cells”?

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:11 pm

Il Segaiolo Pedantesco wrote:
Ssanemax wrote:
Altius wrote:I’m so sorry to hear about your loss, Kyoto. I can’t imagine the pain you must feel.

I, for one, fervently hope Trump’s Patriot Party becomes a reality. It’ll be a distillation of the dumbest and most obnoxious elements of society led by an asymmetric collection of syphilitic grifters, ex-Nazis and wack-ass conspiracy theorists. Dear Leader will likely direct them from a prison cell, or from a compound in a country that lacks an extradition treaty with the US. Think of the positions they’ll take on issues. Imagine how their conventions will look. The spectacle of it all. My god, the fuckin’ grandeur.

Of course, they’ll never win a national-level election. It’ll just split the Republican Party in two, and the Republicans won’t win either for at least a generation. Serves the fuckers right for cultivating these pariahs in the first place.

It's a nice thought...... but do you remember how well he got on with Nigel Farrage?

Farrage used a method proposed by some whack-job in the netherlands IIRC - the plan is you create a party whose issues resonate with a section of a main Party's voters so strongly that the main party promptly shits itself at the prospect of all the narrow contests it's going to lose, and starts playing to the new party's gallery. That's how we got a Party committed to the European Union, mostly, leading us down the path to Brexit.

worse, the obvious single issue for the USA is the same as the one Farrage used, and Trump has already normalised being allowed to be a racist again, which was always Farrage's one problem here - Trump might not even have to use 'Dog Whistles' - he can just come out and say it.

Differing political systems won't produce the same result...

Not one of the political parties on this list has had a significant impact in the long term in the modern era. The closest was Ross Perot's Reform Party with 8.4% in 1996 and eventually collapsed in on itself - probably due to Agent Orange's participation, like with the United States Football League.

Third parties don’t stand a chance in the USA.
While I would love to cast a protest Libertarian vote, I’m always reminded that I’m just throwing it away. In effect I’m just sniping and letting the Democrat beat the Republican.
In essence, one Party is for Big Government. The other is for Bigger Government. So why not Libertarian? Or Green? Or the Marty Party, with Kenny Vaughn on guitar, Handsome Harry on Drums...
I admire the Euros and their multi party system, that can bring the whole government crashing down with a disagreement over labeling craft beer.
The government governs best which governs least.
Now where’s my cheese? I’m old!

Postby Bronshtein » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:42 am

The government governs best which governs least.

Tosser.
Bronshtein

Postby kyotebue2 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:40 am

I've long thought of libertarians as house cats pretending to be lions. Gov,t cheese ???
kyotebue2

Postby Hew Johns » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:43 am

For many of us, Walmart policies have more impact on our lives than the federal government does.
C.P.C.B.
Hew Johns

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:02 am

kyotebue2 wrote:I've long thought of libertarians as house cats pretending to be lions. Gov,t cheese ???

The problem is that 'libertarian' has become a synonym for 'right wing nut job'.
It wasn't always the case - you can have right wing and left wing libertarians.
Gandhi, for example, was a left wing libertarian.

This always causes me consternation because I would describe myself as more or less libertarian (in as much as I don't need government interefence with every aspect of my life, nor do I want constant rules and laws about everything - especially knee-jerk reactions), but I would also put myself on the left when it came to many things (domestic and economic policy especially). Lucky for me that I don't have to square that circle.
So I would agree that government should concern itself with those things for which it is needed (defence, public health, economy) and keep the fuck out of anything else.

Postby kyotebue2 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:57 am

But no Nazis !!!
kyotebue2

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot