State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:36 pm

Ssanemax wrote:
Altius wrote:I’m so sorry to hear about your loss, Kyoto. I can’t imagine the pain you must feel.

I, for one, fervently hope Trump’s Patriot Party becomes a reality. It’ll be a distillation of the dumbest and most obnoxious elements of society led by an asymmetric collection of syphilitic grifters, ex-Nazis and wack-ass conspiracy theorists. Dear Leader will likely direct them from a prison cell, or from a compound in a country that lacks an extradition treaty with the US. Think of the positions they’ll take on issues. Imagine how their conventions will look. The spectacle of it all. My god, the fuckin’ grandeur.

Of course, they’ll never win a national-level election. It’ll just split the Republican Party in two, and the Republicans won’t win either for at least a generation. Serves the fuckers right for cultivating these pariahs in the first place.

It's a nice thought...... but do you remember how well he got on with Nigel Farrage?

Farrage used a method proposed by some whack-job in the netherlands IIRC - the plan is you create a party whose issues resonate with a section of a main Party's voters so strongly that the main party promptly shits itself at the prospect of all the narrow contests it's going to lose, and starts playing to the new party's gallery. That's how we got a Party committed to the European Union, mostly, leading us down the path to Brexit.

worse, the obvious single issue for the USA is the same as the one Farrage used, and Trump has already normalised being allowed to be a racist again, which was always Farrage's one problem here - Trump might not even have to use 'Dog Whistles' - he can just come out and say it.

Differing political systems won't produce the same result...

Not one of the political parties on this list has had a significant impact in the long term in the modern era. The closest was Ross Perot's Reform Party with 8.4% in 1996 and eventually collapsed in on itself - probably due to Agent Orange's participation, like with the United States Football League.
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Ssanemax » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:11 pm

Il Segaiolo Pedantesco wrote:Not one of the political parties on this has had a significant impact in the long term in the modern era.

Lol, you do remember the entire History of the USA is in the Modern Era and the LATE modern era too?

The Know Nothings and parties like that never won elections - Nigel Farrage has never won anything, ever - but that didn't stop him fucking us up.
Ssanemax

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:29 am

Ssanemax wrote:
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco wrote:Not one of the political parties on this has had a significant impact in the long term in the modern era.

Lol, you do remember the entire History of the USA is in the Modern Era and the LATE modern era too?

:roll:
Ssanemax wrote:The Know Nothings and parties like that never won elections - Nigel Farrage has never won anything, ever - but that didn't stop him fucking us up.

He was elected to the European Parliament...

Unlike other countries, third parties have never amounted to anything in these United States.
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:36 pm

*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:40 am

How come no one's still bringing up Matt Gaetz playing Woody Allen?
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Hew Johns » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:56 pm

Well perhaps it's started. Liz Cheney just suggested Gaetz (who is planning a tour of Wyoming to protest Cheney's impeachment vote) "Leave his beauty bag at home," because men in Wyoming "don't wear makeup."

I have a theory, perhaps totally un-PC, that closeted gays do well in politics because they learn early on how to dissemble and manipulate their image.
C.P.C.B.
Hew Johns

Postby McKinstry » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:56 pm

I have a theory, perhaps totally un-PC, that closeted gays do well in politics because they learn early on how to dissemble and manipulate their image.

I suspect Lindsay Graham might agree.
McKinstry

Postby kyotebue2 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:53 am

I agree with both of you.
kyotebue2

Postby Ssanemax » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:37 am

McKinstry wrote:

I suspect Lindsay Graham might agree.

same reason so many British Spies were Gay. Habitual secrecy, covering your tracks, learning how to fit in, hide how you were feeling... if MI5 had any brains they would have guaranteed them protection from being outed in return for good performance, and we would have been 'Top Spying Nation'.

I always had my doubts about Mister Bond. The incessant, over-emphasised womanising and manliness.... no wonder he drank.
Ssanemax

Postby Voice From Limbo » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:36 pm

That photo of Fleming blowing gently on the muzzle of a revolver always struck me as a bit odd.
Voice From Limbo

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot