So this EU thing

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: So this EU thing

Postby Ssanemax » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:00 am

Il Segaiolo Pedantesco wrote:Didn't take long for your whataboutery response...

channeling your inner Kevin Kiley there Condi?

'condi' - says a Thing

'Brony' - Oh, that's interesting, It didn't happen to me'

'Condi' whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hate you hate you how dare you contradict me?????

As a plus - your own link

Why The U.S. Still Bans Blood Donations From Some U.K. Travelers
Ssanemax

Postby Leon Pendraken » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:21 am

Bronshtein wrote:Sorry if it came over a a criticism of Pendraken, Leon - not meant to be. I just didn't want to get embroiled in a political argument there but thought it was a rather shallow view of world trade that I had to moan about somewhere. :wink:

Not at all, don't worry about that. I often have to filter my own responses at times as it's a company site and not my own personal platform to start ranting!
Leon Pendraken

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:09 pm

Ssanemax wrote:
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco wrote:Didn't take long for your whataboutery response...

channeling your inner Kevin Kiley there Condi?

'condi' - says a Thing

'Brony' - Oh, that's interesting, It didn't happen to me'

'Condi' whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hate you hate you how dare you contradict me?????

As a plus - your own link

Why The U.S. Still Bans Blood Donations From Some U.K. Travelers

80-96 from the link and I lived in the UK from late 89 to summer of 97.

Must be the lockdown, 'cause this is some weak sauce master baiting...
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:02 pm

EU firms refuse UK deliveries over Brexit tax changes...

Beer war brewing in the comments section!
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Ssanemax » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:47 am

Il Segaiolo Pedantesco wrote:EU firms refuse UK deliveries over Brexit tax changes...

'Project Fear' has amended its name to 'Project Told You So'.
Ssanemax

Postby Picador » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:12 pm

Ssanemax wrote:
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco wrote:EU firms refuse UK deliveries over Brexit tax changes...

'Project Fear' has amended its name to 'Project Told You So'.

One TNPrat has been living in a cupboard for the last couple of months.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=544223

You have to love his naivete
Have others had a recent similar experience? Is there a way that this charge can be re-claimed?
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... ?id=521602
Picador

Postby Ssanemax » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:42 pm

Ooops....... Chinese Coronavirus doesn't work very well..... only 380 million doses already ordered, so no biggy.....
Ssanemax

Postby Ssanemax » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:44 pm

double whooops - i meant of course 'chinese Coronavirus Vaccine'. the Coronavirus seems to work just fine.
Ssanemax

Postby Ssanemax » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:59 pm

'How dare they try to get people to vote remain with this project fear scare-mongering....oh.... it's already happened hasn't it' Part 127

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... treet.html
Ssanemax

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:29 pm

Move to EU to avoid Brexit costs, firms told: Exporters advised by Department for International Trade officials to form EU-based companies to circumvent border issues...

Referring to discussions with a senior DIT adviser on trade, Moss said: “This guy talked complete sense. What I said to him was, have I got another choice [other than to set up a company abroad]? He confirmed that he couldn’t see another way. He told me that what I was thinking of doing was the right thing, that he could see no other option. He did not see this as a teething problem. He said he had to be careful what he said, but he was very clear.”

Moss said it was now clear that Brexit was not about winning back control from the EU but investing in it to survive.

Geoffrey Betts, managing director of Stewart Superior Ltd, a company in Marlow, Bucks, which sells office supplies to UK and continental customers, said he had also decided to set up a company in the Netherlands for the same reasons.

He had also spoken to an official at the Department for International Trade before making his decision and received the same advice. “When the government said it had secured free trade, it was obvious it was nothing of the sort,” said Betts. VAT issues, new charges on moving goods and more bureaucracy all added up to an “administrative nightmare”, he said.

By moving operations into the EU and shipping out large consignments from the UK to their new European operations, the businesses can not only avoid cross-border delays and costs on every single small consignment they send, but can also defuse VAT problems that are currently hitting them and their European customers hard.

The Department for International Trade was approached for comment but did not respond.

When did taking back sovereignty involve outsourcing?

Yesterday, as the impact of leaving the single market and customs union on 1 January became ever more clear, the Financial Times reported that the cost of a £12 bottle of wine in UK shops could rise by up to £1.50 a bottle because of the extra bureaucracy and charges affecting imports.

There goes the Wine Moms...

In a further blow to the government’s idea of “global Britain” after Brexit, the chances of signing a swift UK/US trade deal also appeared to be ebbing away after President Joe Biden’s nominee for Treasury Secretary, Janet Yellen, made clear the president had other more pressing domestic economic priorities than international trade deals.

Will your blond brat claim being duped by our blond brat?
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot