The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Macunaima » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:51 pm

Guest wrote:
Macunaima wrote:Well, that or one or two guys with a lot of socks and a grudge.

Yes, people creating sock puppets to troll people they don't like is really fucking lame, isn't it?

Aw, Bill. I didn’t know you cared. :wink:
Macunaima

Postby frotherPest » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:24 pm

For miniatures you don’t like and a game you aren’t interested in (would you even actually collect fantasy naval to begin with?), you sure are paying a lot of attention to his Kickstarter and his posts on various sites.

All this arguing and making an ass of yourself over something you have zero actual desire to own.
Nobody ever reads the fine print.
frotherPest

Postby Picador » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:37 pm

frotherPest wrote:For miniatures you don’t like and a game you aren’t interested in (would you even actually collect fantasy naval to begin with?), you sure are paying a lot of attention to his Kickstarter and his posts on various sites.

All this arguing and making an ass of yourself over something you have zero actual desire to own.

Yebbut Mac's opinion on anything is really, really important, so he has to share it with the whole internetz instead of keeping his fucking gob shut and not making himself look a cunt.

I suppose it keeps him busy while he's waiting for the 3 o'clock knock.
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... ?id=521602
Picador

Postby Macunaima » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:25 pm

frotherPest wrote:For miniatures you don’t like and a game you aren’t interested in (would you even actually collect fantasy naval to begin with?), you sure are paying a lot of attention to his Kickstarter and his posts on various sites.

Various sites....?
Macunaima

Postby Macunaima » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:26 pm

Picador wrote:I suppose it keeps him busy while he's waiting for the 3 o'clock knock.

That it does, Pricky. That it does. :D
Macunaima

Postby reallybob » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:34 pm

"Various sites....?"

Yes. The ones you mentioned.
reallybob

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:06 pm

Maradona passed away...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Macunaima » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:19 pm

reallybob wrote:"Various sites....?"

Yes. The ones you mentioned.

Uhm... Hate to contradict you Bill, but the only gaming site I mentioned this on was TWW. (And, OK, I copied my original TWW post to The Miniatures Gadfly on FB weeks ago -- which means 10 other people saw it.)
Macunaima

Postby Macunaima » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:21 pm

Il Segaiolo Pedantesco wrote:Maradona passed away...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Wow. Maradona finally beat Pelé. :shock:
Macunaima

Postby Macunaima » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:40 am

I was paging through this month’s Wargames Illustrated when I came across the second main article and my jaw hit the floor!

Pat, haven’t you been telling me for years that there’s no such thing as “fair use” in British law, allowing one to copy pieces of a miniature for use in one’s own art?

I quite distinctly remembering you screaming that this practice was piracy and that I should be strung up by my nails for engaging in it.

And yet here’s one of the most respected magazines in British wargaming teaching all and sundry how to do exactly the same thing I do!

Pat, could it be that you were wrong about British and international law on this point? I hesitate to suggest it, but the alternative is that WI is promoting wholescale copyright piracy — and with Woodbine figures, at that! A completely innocent and solvent small scale producer!

Don’t you think you should report WI, Pat? I mean, just for the honor of the wargaming hobby as a whole.

Macunaima

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot