The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Derek H » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:52 pm

Picador wrote:
Etranger2 wrote:
Macunaima wrote:“Float”?


A form of wagon, although it's probably an archaic usage in this instance, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Float_(horse-drawn)


In context it's not archaic. It's what the GWR (and others) called them in the early 1900s. Where do you think 'milk float' comes from? :)


The word float is still used. The thing in the picture below is called a milk float. The word is probably dropping out of news now, as dairies have stopped delivering milk in most areas.

Image

And you can read all about them on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_float
Pimping my blog at http://dereksweetoys.com/
User avatar
Derek H
 
Posts: 2468
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:01 am

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Picador » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:35 pm

Derek H wrote:
Picador wrote:
Etranger2 wrote:
Macunaima wrote:“Float”?


A form of wagon, although it's probably an archaic usage in this instance, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Float_(horse-drawn)


In context it's not archaic. It's what the GWR (and others) called them in the early 1900s. Where do you think 'milk float' comes from? :)


The word float is still used. The thing in the picture below is called a milk float. The word is probably dropping out of news now, as dairies have stopped delivering milk in most areas.

Image



And you can read all about them on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_float


Am I on ignore? ':-|
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... ?id=521602
Picador
 
Posts: 945
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:28 am

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Ssanemax » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:41 pm

Derek H wrote:
Picador wrote:
Etranger2 wrote:
Macunaima wrote:“Float”?


A form of wagon, although it's probably an archaic usage in this instance, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Float_(horse-drawn)


In context it's not archaic. It's what the GWR (and others) called them in the early 1900s. Where do you think 'milk float' comes from? :)


The word float is still used. The thing in the picture below is called a milk float. The word is probably dropping out of news now, as dairies have stopped delivering milk in most areas.

Image

And you can read all about them on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_float


That's very interesting, thanks Derek!
User avatar
Ssanemax
 

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby HongKongPhooey » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:57 pm

Do I detect sarcasm ssanemax?
HongKongPhooey
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:50 am

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Ssanemax » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:04 pm

HongKongPhooey wrote:Do I detect sarcasm ssanemax?


That's a Great Sarcasm Detector you have there HKP. A really great one. I wish my Sarcasm detector was as good as yours. LOOK EVERYONE, HKP has a Sarcasm detector. Isn't it GREAT???

Did it detect that?
User avatar
Ssanemax
 

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Derek H » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:05 pm

Picador wrote:
Am I on ignore? ':-|


I appear to be on "stupid" today :-) Though to be fair I did provide some extra information and a picture.

Just trying to help Mac expand his knowledge and vocabulary. .
Pimping my blog at http://dereksweetoys.com/
User avatar
Derek H
 
Posts: 2468
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:01 am

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Picador » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:36 pm

Derek H wrote:
Just trying to help Mac expand his knowledge and vocabulary. .


Pearls before swine.
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... ?id=521602
Picador
 
Posts: 945
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:28 am

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:40 pm

Derek H wrote:Just trying to help Mac expand his knowledge and vocabulary. .


I think you'll find Mac already knows quite enough about the subject.
He's an ACADEMIC, in case you didn't know, and is probably a professor in it as well.

You need to update your spreadsheet.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Hew Johns » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:58 pm

I like SaneMax's postings back when they were funny.
C.P.C.B.
Hew Johns
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:50 am

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Macunaima » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:52 pm

Derek H wrote:
Picador wrote:
Am I on ignore? ':-|


I appear to be on "stupid" today :-) Though to be fair I did provide some extra information and a picture.

Just trying to help Mac expand his knowledge and vocabulary. .


Thanks, Derek. That’s actually very interesting. I had no idea!
Macunaima
 
Posts: 6249
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 1:54 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bronshtein, Hew Johns, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 48 guests