The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Bollocks to Brexit » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:00 pm

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=537917

In which Thrasher and someone who was once in the ARMY demonstrate their ignorance, not knowing the difference between the nation of Mongolia and the Chinese autonomous region of Inner Mongolia.

I also find it somewhat amusing that people who would be outraged about children being taught in a language other than English in the USA are outraged about China requiring that everyone is taught in Chinese.
Bollocks to Brexit

Postby Bronshtein » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:48 pm

Which Chinese? Lots of varieties to choose from - or there were.
What we acquiesce in calling 'China' isn't a nation state as we understand it, but the Han Empire. Mandarin is used as a process of hegemonisation. Think of it more how England attempted and almost succeeded in destroying Irish Gaelic, Scots Gaelic and Welsh like it did Cornish, Strathclyde Celtic and (lets be honest) Manx, but on a much bigger scale, and with them the cultures themselves.

The Uighurs, the Tibetans, the Mongolians are all being assimilated, like victims of the Borg, as have many other cultures we now blithely include as part of 'China'.

TMP may be dumb but anyone who thinks China isn't out to dominate is dumber.
Bronshtein

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:48 am

Bollocks to Brexit wrote:http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=537917

In which Thrasher and someone who was once in the ARMY demonstrate their ignorance, not knowing the difference between the nation of Mongolia and the Chinese autonomous region of Inner Mongolia.

Other than Garand's confusion, I don't see anything mentioned by Thresher01 or Legion 4 that demonstrates ignorance.
Bollocks to Brexit wrote:I also find it somewhat amusing that people who would be outraged about children being taught in a language other than English in the USA are outraged about China requiring that everyone is taught in Chinese.

When and where did they express their outrage?
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Macunaima » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:21 am

Bronshtein wrote:Which Chinese? Lots of varieties to choose from - or there were.
What we acquiesce in calling 'China' isn't a nation state as we understand it, but the Han Empire. Mandarin is used as a process of hegemonisation. Think of it more how England attempted and almost succeeded in destroying Irish Gaelic, Scots Gaelic and Welsh like it did Cornish, Strathclyde Celtic and (lets be honest) Manx, but on a much bigger scale, and with them the cultures themselves.

The Uighurs, the Tibetans, the Mongolians are all being assimilated, like victims of the Borg, as have many other cultures we now blithely include as part of 'China'.

And the U.S. is out to...?
Macunaima

Postby Bollocks to Brexit » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:42 am

Bronshtein wrote:Which Chinese? Lots of varieties to choose from - or there were.

I am not sure what you are smoking but you would do well to lay off it.

China is as much a nation state as any other nation state; most nation states contain 'native' minority groups and tend to have a single national language, with Switzerland being the most obvious exception to that.

Yes, minorities in China are being assimilated as 'native' minorities tend to be in nation states.

As for China being out to dominate, of course they are; that is what every major power has sought to do throughout history.
Bollocks to Brexit

Postby Picador » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:33 am

You'll have to excuse Bronny, he's projecting Plaid Cymru again.
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... ?id=521602
Picador

Postby Ssanemax » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:31 am

Bronshtein wrote:(lets be honest) Manx

Noooooooooooo

Not MANX. How will I explain to the police officer that I am dressed as a slutty waitress and have a buttplug the size of a seaside bollard up my arse as mere light-hearted Fancy Dress if I have to use English?
Ssanemax

Postby Bronshtein » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:19 pm

Mac - who said anything about what the US wants? This isn't a a binary 'for us or against us' thing. Both cultural imperialist bastards (and there are many more).

Mr Bollocks - 'what every major power has sought to do throughout history' - yes and they can fuck off. I'm happy to treat the Chinese by those standards - it just amuses me when we get 'Chinese exceptionalism' in response to something unexceptional in an article (even though quoted in TMP). (nation state? longer discussion).

Pat - as unconvincingly as last time? (not sure of the Manx, but if in Wales try: 'Dwi'n gwyrdroi dwli twp, swyddog, dwi'n dy garu di' should work no problem.)
Bronshtein

Postby Picador » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:24 pm

How can you trust a language that has no vowels and sounds like gargling with jizz?
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... ?id=521602
Picador

Postby Bronshtein » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:52 pm

Sorry: transliteration- Doo een gweerdroy dooli toop, sweethog, doo een du garee dee
(note the 'th' sound in sweethog (dd in Welsh) is voiced - as in 'the' not in 'thin'.)
Wouldn't want anyone to say he wrong thing.
Bronshtein

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot