So this EU thing

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: So this EU thing

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:11 pm

Ssanemax wrote:
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco wrote:Okay you shire dwelling dongle. :P

dongle? Are you sure that's what you meant to call me????

I do have a very good memory mind you. You Floppy Disc.

Which one? :wink:

*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Hermit » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:36 pm

More like the old punch cards for you.

Il Segaiolo Pedantesco wrote:So has Duda and Orbán, but Lukashenko isn't backed by "gangster capitalists", so there will be apologists.

No, he's backed by putin, who's just a KGB gangster and close friend, propping up the last dictatorship in Europe because he's afraid of it going the way of neighbouring Lithuania, which (for Bronski's attention) is in the EU.
Hermit

Postby Bronshtein » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:14 am

But Belarus isn't.

I suspect Vlad is more concerned about it becoming part of NATO - like Lithuania did in 2004 - despite all the waffle about NATO being non-expansionist or threatening to Russia.

As you don't seem to be able to read or comprehend things not in a simple package; I'll say it once more, slowly:

I...hold...no...brief...for...Vlad...or...Lukashenko.

But stop being so blinkered.
If you want to know why we are where we are, stop believing the US propaganda about our relations with he RUssians.
Of course its full of crooks - the US and British and other western global companies helped put them there. We rode in on our horses, shot up the town, got pissed on rot gut Vodka, robbed the bank and put the local crooks in charge of the place.
Then wondered why they started stealing back what we had stolen and abusing the place.
Fucking genius.

Still fuck all to do with the EU.

If you respect the EU so much why don't you believe the EU election monitors who said Yanukovych was elected fair and square in the Ukraine?
Bronshtein

Postby Hermit » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:33 pm

Bronshtein wrote:I...hold...no...brief...for...Vlad...or...Lukashenko.

The title you hold would be "useful idiot", as the following bullshit proves...

Bronshtein wrote:But stop being so blinkered.
If you want to know why we are where we are, stop believing the US propaganda about our relations with he RUssians.
Of course its full of crooks - the US and British and other western global companies helped put them there. We rode in on our horses, shot up the town, got pissed on rot gut Vodka, robbed the bank and put the local crooks in charge of the place.
Then wondered why they started stealing back what we had stolen and abusing the place.
Fucking genius.

It's been explained to you before that the west tried to help russia with its business dealings, but was met with criminality and corruption, which your hero vlad is now at the head of. Blaming the west for that is utter fickwittery. Nor can you blame the west for the brain drain which took place. Such people were going to go where it benefited them, so they left. And these russian gangsters started "abusing the place" because that's all they know, and vlad just lets them get on with it as long as they're loyal to him.

Bronshtein wrote:Still fuck all to do with the EU.

Despite being on the EU's doorstep.
Hermit

Postby Bronshtein » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:39 pm

Starter read for those who have too much 'explaining' and not enough reading and thinking.
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html
Bronshtein

Postby Bronshtein » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:06 am

Meanwhile, back in the EU...

Next round of negotiations tomorrow and de Pfeffel cunningly :roll: reveals legislation repudiating NI part of withdrawal agreement.

The IRA's spokeswoman Michelle O'Neill has already bitten and warned of the danger to the 'all-Ireland Economy' and the Good Friday Agreement.

Barnier has seen it all before from the Blustery One so it probably won't materially affect things.

About six weeks to go before we need an agreement.

Will Barnier fold?

Or is de Pfeffel about to sell the fishermen down the Swannee?

How much is fishing worth?

Cash - about 0.1% of the economy.

Emotionally - to the John Bull, Johnny Foreigner bashing wing of Middle England (the nutcase wing of the Tory Party and a large percentage of the 'Red Wall' ship jumping loons) - incalculable.

Nicely balanced.

What would Dom do?
Bronshtein

Postby Bronshtein » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:59 pm

Nice to hear some honesty from the Cabinet;
'Yes, we are going to break International law, but only a little bit, and we don't give a stuff.'
Thanks Brandon.
Bronshtein

Postby Hermit » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:04 pm

Even John Major's weighed in on that.

Even though he's a tory, I'm starting to miss his brand of dull politics. If he ever gives Starmer his backing, it'd probably be a massive boost for him, because Starmer's doing well in PMQs in making Johnson look like the useless twat he is. Three word slogans seem to be his limit.
Hermit

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:38 pm

:roll: :loopy: :lol:

What makes the difference? Sales in the UK vs. US

cheapliteraturesmith wrote:Also the fact you're American might help you sales in America because no English person would use the expression 'British' - British is such a strange word to English, Welsh, Scottish or even Northern Irish ears. Being British is a dirty work really to us (I could go into the reasons why - but the top and bottom of if it is that fact that it's an outdated concept ... it has slight colonial connotations and has little meaning any more with devolution - in some ways it sounds almost racist to call ourselves British because of the "Great" British Empire) ... it's an odd thing. No one uses it except the Americans, but that's how we market things to you.

I'm English. I've never been British. It says British on the passport. In the same way you think yourself as American but you're not really you're a citizen of the United States of America. America is two continents last time I looked on the globe.
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Bronshtein » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:11 pm

I'm British.
Welsh, English, Scottish family, many of whom came originally from Germany, Poland and France that I know of, Jews, mostly assimilated, married a Northern Irish woman, kids born in N Ireland and Wales. I want us all to love each other, embrace our individual unique languages and cultures and welcome new blood to our mongrel breed from anywhere and everywhere in the world.

No, you're right. I've got some work to do on this assimilation thing haven't I?
Bronshtein

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot