The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Oberon » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:54 pm

McKinstry wrote:
Why is it that the most hawkish Yank “veterans” never seem to have fired a shot in anger?

Generally the amount of hawkishness varies in inverse proportion to the time spent at the pointy end of things.

Consider Uparmoured and Thresher who've never been closer to the pointy end than a comic book but seem obscenely eager to see various and sundry wars break out from the safety of Mom's basement.

"How loud the mouth when the heart don't care?"- Oysterband

The biggest warmonger is Tango.
He is bound and determined to involve Uncle Sam in every single conflict in Shithole countries. God forbid that we “abandon” where we have failed.
Didn’t he learn his lesson in the Falklands? Argie Imperialism failed. Let the Yanks take a shot.

More and more I find myself admiring Bismarck’s “The next war will be over some damn fool thing in the Balkans, not worth the life of one Pomeranian grenadier.”
Oberon

Postby Bronshtein » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:54 pm

Picador wrote:
Macunaima wrote:
McKinstry wrote:
Why is it that the most hawkish Yank “veterans” never seem to have fired a shot in anger?

Generally the amount of hawkishness varies in inverse proportion to the time spent at the pointy end of things.

Consider Uparmoured and Thresher who've never been closer to the pointy end than a comic book but seem obscenely eager to see various and sundry wars break out from the safety of Mom's basement.

Or Lesion 4.

Shit, my stepfather flew an entire tour of — 20? 30? — bombing missions in B-17s in WWII. Then he transferred to jets and flew in Korea. He ended his military career in the Air National Guard flying transports on the weekends to Vietnam and intercepting Russian Bears as they came across the pole. He even got into a booze-up with Paddy Boyington, at one point.

And not once, in 45 years of knowing the man, did I hear him spout patriotic bullshit. In fact, about the only thing he ever said about his time as a bomber pilot was this: “There is no doubt in my mind that, had we lost the war, I would have been tried as a war criminal”.

You rock, USAFPilot, you fearless hero of democracy.

(Another thing: you never seem to hear American combat vets of that generation belittle the British, Russians, or even the French. I wonder why?)

Pappy...or Greg to his friends.

I stirred Mo Mowlam's Bolognese once.
She kept her wig on.

not a euphemism
Bronshtein

Postby Bollocks to Brexit » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:35 pm

"You are assuming that he’s serious."

In any other environment, the assumption would be that he is taking the piss; however, on TNP...
Bollocks to Brexit

Postby Macunaima » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:46 am

Picador wrote:
Macunaima wrote:My stepfather never claimed to be a friend of Boyington’s, he just said that they had a beer-up together, along with several dozen other pilots. I still thought that was pretty cool, back when I was eight.

So not 'Paddy' then?

Or was that Pappy's brother?

Nope. That was a brain fart. :) Getting old.
Macunaima

Postby Macunaima » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:48 am

And yet another non-political post from TNP. Apparently, MacArthur was right and the U.S. should’ve nuked China during the Korean War, saving the world today.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=535203

My god, you can’t make this shit up.
Macunaima

Postby Macunaima » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:52 am

Oberon wrote:
McKinstry wrote:

The biggest warmonger is Tango.
He is bound and determined to involve Uncle Sam in every single conflict in Shithole countries. God forbid that we “abandon” where we have failed.
Didn’t he learn his lesson in the Falklands? Argie Imperialism failed. Let the Yanks take a shot.

More and more I find myself admiring Bismarck’s “The next war will be over some damn fool thing in the Balkans, not worth the life of one Pomeranian grenadier.”

Yep. And here is, once again banging the drum for war with China. Maybe he feels it’s the only way Argentina will ever have a chance of conquering the Falklands....?

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=535204

Of course, according to the TNP intelligentsia, the Argentineans are just waiting to leap, any day now:

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=535100
Macunaima

Postby gustav » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:09 am

Not sure the Typhoon Sqdrn based in the Falklands (even though only 4) has much to worry about tbh.
gustav

Postby Bollocks to Brexit » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:06 am

Macunaima wrote:And yet another non-political post from TNP. Apparently, MacArthur was right and the U.S. should’ve nuked China during the Korean War, saving the world today.

That one is bringing the usual collection of crazies out. The herd view seems to be that any nation that might become a rival to the USA should be nuked before it has the opportunity to do so.
Bollocks to Brexit

Postby Picador » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:37 am

Bollocks to Brexit wrote:
Macunaima wrote:And yet another non-political post from TNP. Apparently, MacArthur was right and the U.S. should’ve nuked China during the Korean War, saving the world today.

That one is bringing the usual collection of crazies out. The herd view seems to be that any nation that might become a rival to the USA should be nuked before it has the opportunity to do so.

USA! USA! Defendah of DEMOCRACY!!!
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... ?id=521602
Picador

Postby Just passing by (again) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:22 am

Just passing by (again)

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot