The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:39 pm

it's a good thing Bill is too scared of losing him to Ban By John 54

Bill wrote "Because they make no sense when the original comment is removed, they are out of context'

Or because they were sensible, non-inflammatory, but critical of you?

Then this piece of delightful hypocrisy, honestly, it's almost funny, it's so throwaway;

‘Honestly, if you can not tolerate viewpoints that contradict your own, perhaps you should avoid those subjects'

Or just delete anything that contradicts my views, or is a Criticism of me?

Nice work on this whole topic Bill, some of your best deflection, echo-chamber arbitrary deletions, non-answers, and victim-playing yet. Out.

John
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby General Paranoia » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:51 pm

It's beautiful to behold!
It's also deflected him from TFL
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
General Paranoia

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:01 pm

General Paranoia wrote:It's beautiful to behold!
It's also deflected him from TFL

Don't fret on William's behalf - he will find a way to suggest that By John 54 is not only a Frother and a TFL gamer, but also has been seen hanging around TWW and BLM Meetings.

But he seriously must realise he CAN't ban him. and every time By John posts this sort of stuff, another TMP member thinks 'Hey.... Maybe Bill is not always the helpless victim of evil men that he has made himself out to be..........'

Bill Armintrout. Making Bill Armintrout look foolish since F'rever.
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Macunaima » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:04 pm

Ssanemax wrote:
Just passing by (again) wrote:http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=533420

In which Billious wonders why TNP requires a security certificate...

Sigh. He really doesn't get the internetz does he? GDPR doesn't apply to him either. Apparently.

well, realistically speaking, it doesn't. No one is going to issue him with a fine. It's the GDPR equivalent of re-casting figures made by some long-dead company, in the knowledge nobody is going to give a shit about it even if you do get found out, and you are in a different country to boot.

Isn't that right **** ?

Quite. And you can add into that mix the fact that in order to deal with some countries’ legal systems (******), you effectively need an on-the-ground, in-country representative willing to commit the time and resources, regardless of whatever international treaties might say, as Games Workshop has learned to their dismay.

In my case particular case, my “recasting” has been limited to reproducing small scenic elements by out of business companies which then become tiny parts of larger, original assemblages. This sort of behavior is quite common in the modeling and gaming crowd all across the world (and not only with dead companies), even in countries that do take copyright law seriously, so I get the impression that it’s not worth it for lawyers to go after, unless they are representing Disney or something. Ours is a niche hobby with do-it-yourself roots, and even GW (which is valued at more than Tescos) doesn't seem to feel the need to persecute the odd kitbasher.

If I were them, I’d be more worried about Argentine, Chinese, and Brazilian pirates with full-on spincasters and press-molding equipment, at any rate. I’ve been trying to alert UK and US based companies about these and how to fight them for thirty years. The solution is to get the best and most honest and make them your official representatives, making it their responsibility to protect your IP and giving them a solid financial incentive to do so.
Macunaima

Postby Picador » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:42 pm

Ssanemax wrote:it's a good thing Bill is too scared of losing him to Ban By John 54

Bill wrote "Because they make no sense when the original comment is removed, they are out of context'

Or because they were sensible, non-inflammatory, but critical of you?

Then this piece of delightful hypocrisy, honestly, it's almost funny, it's so throwaway;

‘Honestly, if you can not tolerate viewpoints that contradict your own, perhaps you should avoid those subjects'

Or just delete anything that contradicts my views, or is a Criticism of me?

Nice work on this whole topic Bill, some of your best deflection, echo-chamber arbitrary deletions, non-answers, and victim-playing yet. Out.

John

Bill's cheerleaders have gone very quiet. I was expecting pitchforks, barrels of tar and feathers and a good lynchin' by now.

Does By John 54 know where the bodies are buried?
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... ?id=521602
Picador

Postby Arnald » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:12 pm

Macunaima wrote:and even GW (which is valued at more than Tescos) doesn't seem to feel the need to persecute the odd kitbasher.

Mac, Tesco is valued at 8 times Games Workshop on the full market valuation of the two respective companies.

About 28 billion for Tescos, 3.5 billion for Games Workshop. (Not sure if that is GBP or USD but that doesn't really matter).

Possibly I have misunderstood Tesco in the UK with another Tesco.
Arnald

Postby Northern Monkey » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:23 pm

my initial efforts at blogging:http://ablogofwar.blogspot.co.uk/
Northern Monkey

Postby HongKongPhooey » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:42 pm

... and By John 54 has been locked with his final post deleted.
HongKongPhooey

Postby Derek H » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:24 pm

HongKongPhooey wrote:... and By John 54 has been locked with his final post deleted.

Another one gone, but not forgotten.

Freezepages of that thread
Page 1 http://www.freezepage.com/1594048339PFGRLVAEGB
Page 2 http://www.freezepage.com/1594125388FTFAZQPYNB

And a screenshot of By John 54's final post.

Pimping my blog at http://dereksweetoys.com/
Derek H

Postby MikeH » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:21 pm

Just passing by (again) wrote:http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=533420

In which Billious wonders why TNP requires a security certificate...

Sigh. He really doesn't get the internetz does he? GDPR doesn't apply to him either. Apparently.

Let's be honest here the reasons Bill doesn't have a SSL cert are

1. It'll cost a bit of money
2. He's too fucking stupid to work out how to install one and doesn't want to demonstrate this by asking for advice from his hosting company
MikeH

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot