State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:28 am

Why is there a discussion over the mysteriousness of Trump's 2nd term plans? If he wins, he's going to be a lame duck, like most other presidents in their 2nd term. He'll continue golfing and being a general idiot who abuses EOs...
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
User avatar
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco
 
Posts: 3495
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby gustav » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:35 am

Nice fireworks btw. Sure the 130K dead would have loved them too.
gustav
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:51 pm

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:27 am

Condottiero wrote:Why is there a discussion over the mysteriousness of Trump's 2nd term plans? If he wins, he's going to be a lame duck, like most other presidents in their 2nd term. He'll continue golfing and being a general idiot who abuses EOs...


He might win with a better senate and house. It's 4 months away, for most of his voters his excellent record on Coronavirus will just be a bad dream, and they can remind themselves he is still the man who matches their view of how the world should be. Then he can roar into action building that wall, making America Great Again, Locking Her up and grabbing that pussy. (No, not the one he just locked up - though it might be a handy image for some of his voters - like I use Edwina Curry in the throes of orgasm under John Major as a handy way of keeping myself in business when my wife wants more than 3 minutes of my time.
User avatar
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco
 

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:42 pm

Ssanemax wrote:
Condottiero wrote:Why is there a discussion over the mysteriousness of Trump's 2nd term plans? If he wins, he's going to be a lame duck, like most other presidents in their 2nd term. He'll continue golfing and being a general idiot who abuses EOs...


He might win with a better senate and house. It's 4 months away, for most of his voters his excellent record on Coronavirus will just be a bad dream, and they can remind themselves he is still the man who matches their view of how the world should be. Then he can roar into action building that wall, making America Great Again, Locking Her up and grabbing that pussy. (No, not the one he just locked up - though it might be a handy image for some of his voters - like I use Edwina Curry in the throes of orgasm under John Major as a handy way of keeping myself in business when my wife wants more than 3 minutes of my time.

Thanks to the 22nd Amendment, 2nd terms amount to nothing more than an approval of the 1st term. Outside the views of his base, I doubt there's been anything approval worthy of his 1st term. I don't think the Republicans are going to pick up any seats in the House and the Senate can't pass anything thanks to turtleneck's own partisan agenda. Legacies aside, most presidents care about 2nd terms on partisan grounds, but Trump doesn't care about ideology or following through with his own ideas, nothing beyond winning at all costs. Any speculation about his 2nd term plans is pointless, as he doesn't have any!
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
User avatar
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco
 
Posts: 3495
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:02 pm

Frederick Douglass statue vandalized, ripped from base in New York...

Retaliation from butthurt neo-Confederates?
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
User avatar
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco
 
Posts: 3495
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:17 pm

Trump Believes That He Is Losing Because He Hasn’t Been Racist Enough...

:roll:

In truth, Trump’s approach to the 2020 campaign is no more rational than his approach to COVID-19. The president has as much reverence for political empiricism as he does for the public-health variety. To gauge the efficacy of a given campaign tactic, Trump does not turn to polling crosstabs; he turns on Tucker Carlson. The mogul’s religious devotion to right-wing media was a source of genuine strength in the 2016 Republican primary. Other GOP candidates pandered to Red America’s legions of Fox News grandpas, but only the billionaire was authentically one of them.

In the present context, however, the fact that Trump is a maniacal narcissist and cable-news addict works to his detriment. Other candidates court media attention in order to secure political power. Trump, by contrast, sought political power in order to secure media attention. His highest ambition is to see himself affirmed on his favorite television programs, and to feel himself loved in front of an audience of hooting supplicants. Convening mask-free, indoor rallies in swing states with soaring COVID-19 infection rates is a poor way to go about trying to win reelection, but it’s a sound strategy for securing an applause junkie a quick hit of validation. When Trump carefully monitors Tucker Carlson’s assessment of his racial politics — while ignoring that of swing voters — he is undermining his own long-term political interests, but faithfully attending to his near-term psychological ones. Of course, the president isn’t inclined to view himself as self-destructively narcissistic, and has thus (reportedly) convinced himself that his favorite infotainers channel the preferences of a “silent majority” too taciturn to make itself heard in opinion polls.
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
User avatar
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco
 
Posts: 3495
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby kyotebue2 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:30 pm

Gallup polls have Trump's approval rating at just 38% 120 days until the election.
kyotebue2
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:31 pm
Location: The Oklahoma Dust Bowl.

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Hermit » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:23 pm

Could that be the reason why Kanye West is trying to throw his hat in the ring? To help his good buddy, Trump?

Maybe he thinks that if he runs he can split the black vote against Biden. He lives in his own warped reality, just like Trump does. He forgets that music fans don't really like being preached to, and he's allied himself with the wrong person at the wrong time to start doing that.
User avatar
Hermit
 
Posts: 1916
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Macunaima » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:56 pm

Hermit wrote:Could that be the reason why Kanye West is trying to throw his hat in the ring? To help his good buddy, Trump?

Maybe he thinks that if he runs he can split the black vote against Biden. He lives in his own warped reality, just like Trump does. He forgets that music fans don't really like being preached to, and he's allied himself with the wrong person at the wrong time to start doing that.


It won’t help. Kanye will split the crucial idiot vote. I think it is pretty safe to say that most black people who’d vote for Kanye wouldn’t normally be voting for Biden (or probably anyone) anyhow.
Macunaima
 
Posts: 5980
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:09 pm

Macunaima wrote:
Hermit wrote:Could that be the reason why Kanye West is trying to throw his hat in the ring? To help his good buddy, Trump?

Maybe he thinks that if he runs he can split the black vote against Biden. He lives in his own warped reality, just like Trump does. He forgets that music fans don't really like being preached to, and he's allied himself with the wrong person at the wrong time to start doing that.


It won’t help. Kanye will split the crucial idiot vote. I think it is pretty safe to say that most black people who’d vote for Kanye wouldn’t normally be voting for Biden (or probably anyone) anyhow.

Didn’t Wavy Gravy run for President back in the psychedelic days?
If he got any votes at all, it wasn’t by taking votes away from anyone who was running. He got votes as a joke.
Now I know Pat Paulson ran. Did he take votes away from anyone, or did he get WTF votes instead.
Kanye will get WTF votes. Joke votes. Anti Taylor Swift votes. Kardassian votes. None from people who would have voted seriously.
User avatar
Guest
 

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andreearosse, hdssbbwmom, maduritaputa, malluauty and 68 guests