The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Bronshtein » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:38 pm

Guest wrote:
Picador wrote:Old American Rightie who is going to die soon anyway begins to panic.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=524755

And pzivh43 is a real loser. Hey! Stupid! Check something other than Fox (aka Faux) News. The mortality rate is about 7 times that of your bog standard flu (that we know of now).

Sure about that?
I'd be quite happy to be certain we don't have a clue about Covid-19. Could be higher, could be lower. The problem at this stage is how many cases you have really had (could be a lot more, many of whom just got better without bothering any authorities at this stage Could be a lot less - misdiagnosed cases of other flu/cold type illnesses, before everyone was testing for the thing). Deaths - likewise - may be loads attributed to pre-existing conditions that had at least a contributory Covid-19 element, or vice versa).

Optimist or pessimist?

As no-one has the ability or the balls to shut down international travel, it will spread.

As for 'flu some varieties are about the same as current guesses about Covid-19, while'seasonal' flu is rated much less dangerous - but how do we count seasonal flu deaths? I'd he happy to put good money on a lot (most?) flu deaths being recorded as the underlying conditions that finished people off - heart disease, diabetes etc and distorting the figures. Maybe not a lot but who knows? One of Rumsfeld's unknown unknowns?
Bless you! :wink:
Bronshtein

Postby General Paranoia » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:35 pm

Bill the opportunist should suggest his members make provision for him in their wills just in case.
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
General Paranoia

Postby kyotebue2 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:44 pm

How is Bill's GoFundMe going??? Did he get more than 200.00??
kyotebue2

Postby Hermit » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:19 pm

Elwood wrote:Looking on the bright side . There's going to be a ton of cheap figure collections on ebay when this blows through .

Now come on. It's like you're saying that those who collect figures are ageing old farts. I'm sure that's not true.

Excuse me for a moment, I have to change my colostomy bag....
Hermit

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:03 pm

Hermit wrote:
Elwood wrote:Looking on the bright side . There's going to be a ton of cheap figure collections on ebay when this blows through .

Now come on. It's like you're saying that those who collect figures are ageing old farts. I'm sure that's not true.

Excuse me for a moment, I have to change my colostomy bag....

Remember that it’s not a Whoopie Cushion. Boy, I remember that like it was yesterday! Oh wait. It was.

Postby WTF » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:10 pm

Per CNN the mortality rate in China is about 2% and about 1% in South Korea. Iran is running close to 19% but I suspect significant under reporting of base numbers.

Mortality rates for the flu in aggregate are under 1% but some strains can produce higher rates among vulnerable populations such as unvaccinated pediatric, elderly and immuno-compromised.

Given the Chinese numbers are robust enough, it is unlikely you could get a higher mortality rate than 2% in any country with similar or superior health systems. That said, if it takes hold in crowded poverty plagued areas such as Lagos or Cairo it may get ugly.
WTF

Postby Macunaima » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:19 pm

2% of five billion (if the 70-90% transmission rate holds true) is 100,000,000 people. Think, roughly, of one out of every hundred people you know dying, and that’s in places with robust public health care.

Remind me: what sort of public health care system does the U.S, have again?

“May get ugly” indeed.
Macunaima

Postby Macunaima » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:23 pm

Given the number of tourists we just had in town for Carnaval — particularly from Italy — I’m expecting our first flu case in RdJ any time now.
Macunaima

Postby JJCH achim! » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:01 pm

Beaten to the punch by São Paulo as it happens. First case reported there.
JJCH achim!

Postby Macunaima » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:05 am

Yeah, I’d heard that before I posted. Not surprised, given their international travel there. The guy got infected in Italy. I expect our first case here in Rio in a week or so.
Macunaima

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot