The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Condottiero » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:29 am

Macunaima nli xx wrote:
Condottiero wrote:
Macunaima nli xx wrote:Condi, could there be any possible rational reason why someone would be anti-American? Or do you see it as a case of you guys being unjustly picked upon by an ungrateful world?

Mac, could there be a possible rational reason why someone would be anti-British? Or do you see it as a case of you guys being unjustly picked upon by an ungrateful world?

Curious, you keep using that pronoun, yet until recently, you were in the same group. Trading one's citizenship isn't an high school clique...


Whose “traded” citizenship? I have dual citizenship. You don’t see me blindly defending either of the nations I belong to, however. I am not proud of either, nor do I think their “honor” needs must be defended on the intertubez. Plenty of good reasons for people to hate both Brazil and the U.S. in my book.

You, however, use “America hater” the way born again Christians use “Satanist”: as if that were the be all and end all of the matter.

I thunk most Brits posting here would say there are plenty of good reasons to hate the UK, too.

I don't use “America hater” the way born again Christians use “Satanist”, so it says more about your perception! I'm not defending anyone's "honor", just dislike bullshit.

How about talking about Mao again? Re-reading the little red book - haven't browsed it since Freshman year - and he comes across as an okay dude! Except the chapter about women?!? What is it with some feeling the need to micro-manage everything?
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
User avatar
Condottiero
 
Posts: 3008
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:16 pm
Location: Iserlohn Fortress

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Bronshtein » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:35 am

Egg sandwiches with sandwich spread is why we lost the empire (Heinz - its American, run by an Irish rugby player for a long time).
British egg sandwiches with any class use mayonnaise for fuck's sake.
Andrew used mayonnaise as a lubricant like any decent public schoolboy.
Given the rumours about him in the navy (wargamer and pederast) I'm surprised Epstein's fare interested him at all, but I guess he'd try anything once.
User avatar
Bronshtein
 
Posts: 7483
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:53 am
Location: The Promised Land

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Condottiero » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:55 am

Bronshtein wrote:Egg sandwiches with sandwich spread is why we lost the empire (Heinz - its American, run by an Irish rugby player for a long time).
British egg sandwiches with any class use mayonnaise for fuck's sake.
Andrew used mayonnaise as a lubricant like any decent public schoolboy.
Given the rumours about him in the navy (wargamer and pederast) I'm surprised Epstein's fare interested him at all, but I guess he'd try anything once.

An egg sandwich is just a heaping spoonful or two of egg salad between two slice of bread, so of course mayonnaise is an essential ingredient, but salad cream and sandwich spread are egg based too. Did everyone use mayonnaise in the 70s? In the fall of '89, I was surprised that bottled water was unavailable in Scarborough!
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
User avatar
Condottiero
 
Posts: 3008
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:16 pm
Location: Iserlohn Fortress

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Macunaima nli xx » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:21 am

Condottiero wrote:
Macunaima nli xx wrote:
Condottiero wrote:
Macunaima nli xx wrote:Condi, could there be any possible rational reason why someone would be anti-American? Or do you see it as a case of you guys being unjustly picked upon by an ungrateful world?

Mac, could there be a possible rational reason why someone would be anti-British? Or do you see it as a case of you guys being unjustly picked upon by an ungrateful world?

Curious, you keep using that pronoun, yet until recently, you were in the same group. Trading one's citizenship isn't an high school clique...


Whose “traded” citizenship? I have dual citizenship. You don’t see me blindly defending either of the nations I belong to, however. I am not proud of either, nor do I think their “honor” needs must be defended on the intertubez. Plenty of good reasons for people to hate both Brazil and the U.S. in my book.

You, however, use “America hater” the way born again Christians use “Satanist”: as if that were the be all and end all of the matter.

I thunk most Brits posting here would say there are plenty of good reasons to hate the UK, too.

I don't use “America hater” the way born again Christians use “Satanist”, so it says more about your perception! I'm not defending anyone's "honor", just dislike bullshit.

How about talking about Mao again? Re-reading the little red book - haven't browsed it since Freshman year - and he comes across as an okay dude! Except the chapter about women?!? What is it with some feeling the need to micro-manage everything?


Meh. Typical tyrant BS. Gotta micromanage everything.
User avatar
Macunaima nli xx
 

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Bronshtein » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:50 am

Condottiero wrote:An egg sandwich is just a heaping spoonful or two of egg salad between two slice of bread, so of course mayonnaise is an essential ingredient, but salad cream and sandwich spread are egg based too. Did everyone use mayonnaise in the 70s? In the fall of '89, I was surprised that bottled water was unavailable in Scarborough!

Were you doing sandwich based things in Scarborough in 89? I only ask as I spent some time around there off and on in the late 80s early 90s. I wonder if we met?
User avatar
Bronshtein
 
Posts: 7483
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:53 am
Location: The Promised Land

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:32 am

Condi, I know you lived in the UK for a short while.
Was it in the early 90s by any chance?
I ask because at that time there was a programme on TV called 'The Mary Whitehouse Experience'.

You remind me of the four presenters - people who have learned a little but wear it very heavily on their sleeves.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby General Paranoia » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:24 pm

Condottiero wrote:
Bronshtein wrote:Egg sandwiches with sandwich spread is why we lost the empire (Heinz - its American, run by an Irish rugby player for a long time).
British egg sandwiches with any class use mayonnaise for fuck's sake.
Andrew used mayonnaise as a lubricant like any decent public schoolboy.
Given the rumours about him in the navy (wargamer and pederast) I'm surprised Epstein's fare interested him at all, but I guess he'd try anything once.

An egg sandwich is just a heaping spoonful or two of egg salad between two slice of bread, so of course mayonnaise is an essential ingredient, but salad cream and sandwich spread are egg based too. Did everyone use mayonnaise in the 70s? In the fall of '89, I was surprised that bottled water was unavailable in Scarborough!


Well the whole problem with this is that James grew up in Bristol in the 70's so to all intents and purposes was living in the 1950's. I'm the same age as him and remember brown bread (Hovis), real butter (Anchor) and mayonnaise (Hellmans) were readily available in the home counties during the 70's!
One of the most popular ads in the 70's was the Hovis ad ffs!
Just another example of Condi's ill informed links 0;)
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
User avatar
General Paranoia
 
Posts: 10003
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:13 am
Location: Helping Bill make the right choices

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Boro Guest » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:18 pm

Condottiero wrote: In the fall of '89, I was surprised that bottled water was unavailable in Scarborough!



Bullshit. I lived in Scarborough in the 70s and 80s, and used to get the occasional bottle of water when going on hikes in summer.
User avatar
Boro Guest
 

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Condottiero » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:40 pm

Boro Guest wrote:
Condottiero wrote: In the fall of '89, I was surprised that bottled water was unavailable in Scarborough!



Bullshit. I lived in Scarborough in the 70s and 80s, and used to get the occasional bottle of water when going on hikes in summer.

Bullshit. We looked and asked around, no one stocked it, at least within a certain area. Whenever you asked for bottled water, they'd assume you were referring to the sparkling kind and still from the tap - maybe it was the culture! It wasn't till we moved to Weybridge in the spring of '90, did I see bottled water in Waitrose.
Last edited by Condottiero on Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
User avatar
Condottiero
 
Posts: 3008
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:16 pm
Location: Iserlohn Fortress

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Condottiero » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:43 pm

General Paranoia wrote:
Condottiero wrote:
Bronshtein wrote:Egg sandwiches with sandwich spread is why we lost the empire (Heinz - its American, run by an Irish rugby player for a long time).
British egg sandwiches with any class use mayonnaise for fuck's sake.
Andrew used mayonnaise as a lubricant like any decent public schoolboy.
Given the rumours about him in the navy (wargamer and pederast) I'm surprised Epstein's fare interested him at all, but I guess he'd try anything once.

An egg sandwich is just a heaping spoonful or two of egg salad between two slice of bread, so of course mayonnaise is an essential ingredient, but salad cream and sandwich spread are egg based too. Did everyone use mayonnaise in the 70s? In the fall of '89, I was surprised that bottled water was unavailable in Scarborough!


Well the whole problem with this is that James grew up in Bristol in the 70's so to all intents and purposes was living in the 1950's. I'm the same age as him and remember brown bread (Hovis), real butter (Anchor) and mayonnaise (Hellmans) were readily available in the home counties during the 70's!
One of the most popular ads in the 70's was the Hovis ad ffs!
Just another example of Condi's ill informed links 0;)

So not that ill informed a link... :wry:

If you bothered to watch the earlier episodes, you would've noticed James mentioning his mother liking brown bread!

You're just triggered...
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
User avatar
Condottiero
 
Posts: 3008
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:16 pm
Location: Iserlohn Fortress

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: deephorse, Google [Bot] and 47 guests