The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Macunaima nli » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:28 pm

Chickens are hiding once more.
Macunaima nli

Postby JJCH nli » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:33 pm

tberry7403 wrote:
General Paranoia wrote:I still see potential for a comedy musical

It's Springtime for Armintrout and TNP.

More a case of Hello Dolly. Not quite what La Streisand had in mind but Bill’s version cuts costs by reducing the number of cast members. :wink:
JJCH nli

Postby Khusrau » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:59 pm

Hmmm.. are Stonewall and Stone Mountain miniatures related?

https://www.thewargameswebsite.com/foru ... ost-121924
Khusrau

Postby JJCH nli » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:18 pm

Khusrau wrote:Hmmm.. are Stonewall and Stone Mountain miniatures related?

https://www.thewargameswebsite.com/foru ... ost-121924

Not unless they are transatlantic cousins. Vaguely surprised that Stonewall doesn’t do a signature range of rioting ‘60s drag queens. They should consider it, it would probably give them free advertising rights on TNP.
JJCH nli

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:30 pm

I wonder how many of us have recast figures in our collections?
Was that offer on eBay or TMP Marketplace too good to be true?
Wargames Foundry figures have a weird connection to recasting. It seems that the “madman” who owned the company was prone to giving away figures in bulk quantities to favored people. Or was he? The story is murky.
I once bought a lot that I was sure was pirated. I sent an email to the company with particulars. I got a reply that told me to mind my own business.
Even now you can find sales of Foundry figures on the TMP Marketplace that look fishy. But he’s been doing it so long, it seems legit. He might even have permission from the “madman”. Who knows?
BTW, I was told by a Brit who knew him personally that he was “mad”, so it’s not my term. :D

Postby General Paranoia » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:24 am

Seems Bill really wants to keep half of TMP in the dark about his new posting rules, so he can improve their moral by deleting their posts with no explanation! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
deadhead wrote:That I would totally accept.
All I ever asked was that he would just inform members about this new policy, rather than just delete new postings that do not conform to the changes that most are totally unaware of.
But I have this morning agreed with him to stop complaining and am now doing so. This is a service I very much value. It is his creation. It is his to manage, as he sees fit.
I have never been hostile to him about a "New Policy" that I did say might actually be an advantage to us (even if unrealistic in practice). I just begged him to communicate. He, politely, asked me to stop complaining in a personal message this morning.
I agreed. I suspect this will all sort itself out in the end and we will continue to share valuable info on our hobby interests.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... 915&page=3
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
General Paranoia

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:45 am

Guest wrote:
Michael wrote:73 new posts
54 by tango
?

Three by The Editor.
How many of Tango01’s threads will have a response? If Bill is relying on page hits...

You know, it occurred to me that it doesn't matter if Bill relies on page hits as a method to sell his site to advertisers.

Where do the hits come from? Why, Bill's software. It would be a simple matter for him to just make up, or inflate the numbers. He's a known liar for his own benefit; why should we regard his self reported numbers as accurate?

Postby kyotebue2 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:52 am

There is that.
kyotebue2

Postby Voice From Limbo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:03 am

Voice From Limbo

Postby Obese Trout » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:00 am

TMP: still calling Japanese "Nips" in 2019 ...

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... 19&page=60 ... amongst other threads ...

I mean, even the Japanese only call their lowest antisocial classes "Yankees" FFS ...
Obese Trout

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot