Anyone got advice about US style UK heroes?

All thats fit to print and plenty thats not from the world of comic frotherdom...

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Anyone got advice about US style UK heroes?

Postby Australian Dawn » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:54 am

As to Phantom Maid, it's hard to tell but I think her costume is off the shoulder with her arms and upper torso bare? (Although maybe they are silk or nylon covered, but her legs have a stocking seam which presumably they would have added to her top and arms if they wanted to imply they were covered in the same material.) If anything I think the Sue Storm figs will be more padded in that area.
On the international hero site it also shows her using a gun although I don't see a holster... I'd like to have some sexual diversity in my Brit team but I really just can't find enough info on this girl to do her justice. :(
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:42 am

To late for my project I think but I just have to post this picture. General Jumbo, controller of a robot miniature army!
Truly the patron Superhero of wargamers. :lol:
Australian Dawn

Postby Bronshtein » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:47 pm

And an early adopter of multichannel, packet, digital signal differentiation - one antenna, one knob (from what one can see in the baggy shorts) controlling aircraft, soldiers and tanks independently. Impressive. That always worried me in the early sixties. Now I see it was a cunningly disguised method of Soviet espionage against our tech development boffins - sending out the secret documents through the medium of The Beano. Fiendish.

[Edit - Bloody Hell! That's Vladimir Ilyich himself in the picture isn't it? Cheeky buggers!]
Bronshtein

Postby Voice From Limbo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:08 pm

That, and I'd be leery about having a "controller" clamped around my arm.
Voice From Limbo

Postby Australian Dawn » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:56 pm

This guy looks interesting, easy to convert too, a few circular discs on hands and knees and a ball in one hand (he must take the suction cup off to use the ball presumably) and any generic hero can become Zero the Silent! The human fly!
http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Zero_the_Silent
I wonder if he ever swung from the cord on his ball, a british proto Spider-man perhaps?(plenty of Spidey figs around at the moment.)
Anyway they make some impressive claims about his outfit, that would give him a pretty good claim to being the first modern style costumed superhero.
And don't forget the fox terrier!
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:57 pm

Here's a cool German villain I'd like to use, a sort of WW2 era MR. Freeze, but I've no idea how I could achieve the encased in ice look.
http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Frost
Any ideas how this could be portrayed on the tabletop? Trying wrapping the mini in plastic cling wrap is the best I can think of. :oops:

And here's the picture I forgot to include of Zero the Silent from above:
Australian Dawn

Postby Bronshtein » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:49 pm

Australian Dawn wrote:Here's a cool German villain I'd like to use, a sort of WW2 era MR. Freeze, but I've no idea how I could achieve the encased in ice look.
http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Frost
Any ideas how this could be portrayed on the tabletop? Trying wrapping the mini in plastic cling wrap is the best I can think of. :oops:

paint him and then embed him in clear resin?
Obviously not a nice neat block - jagged mould?
Bronshtein

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:08 pm

Have you ever seen something like that done Bronshtein? It sounds fiendishly difficult.
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:50 pm

If I used clear resin (and I'm a complete novice with this level of modelling and don't know what I'm talking about here, so feel free to shoot me down if I'm talking BS) wouldn't it be less risky and less likely to gain flaws like bubbles or clouding (or at least quite easy to make multiple casts until one suitably lacking in serious flaws is produced) if instead of embedding a mini in solid resin I made a simple sculpt of the shape of ice block I want, big enough to contain the mini, then made a mould and cast the ice up as a clear hollow shell and put this over my completed mini? Or perhaps this is what you had in mind?
I suppose I could even make it in multiple separate parts and glue it together for extensions to go around extended arms and the like, If I really want a tight fit and use a figure with an extreme pose.

Have any of you guys done anything like this or know of it being done?
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:26 pm

Anyone here know enough about axes to tell me what that little bit sticking out the back of this axe head is?
I'm thinking my metalfig of Thor with his stupid axe/hammer could be painted up as this guy quite easily, but it looks a bit small to be a hammer head on this pic. Any ideas?
Australian Dawn

PreviousNext

Return to Comics Emporium