So this EU thing

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: So this EU thing

Postby FFS » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:37 am

Looking forward to the Great Debate?

I'm sure it will make everybody feel happier about the shower of shit that is planned for us.
FFS

Postby Bronshtein » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:53 pm

As the Quitters are so keen on 'taking back control' for the British (sorry NI) Parliament can they explain when surrendering the power of the Queen in Parliament to a single once and for all, simple majority plebiscite became a legal thing in the UK?

Parliament cannot bind future Parliaments is a basic principle of UK law. Someone should dust off a few of those mouldering constitutional texts and put the brake on this Gaderene sprint right now.
Bronshtein

Postby FFS » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:51 pm

Can to imagine the French putting up with this galactofuck?
There would be more than cars on fire in Westminster.
If these idiots get their way, it will only end badly for every ordinary citizen.
FFS

Postby FFS » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:36 pm

Recent Brexit impact study:

18-34 - Definitely fucked.
35-49 - Fucked.
50 -65 - Still fucked.
66-90 - what winter heating allowance?
Dead - No impact.

Sex:
Male - Fucked
Female- Fucked

Race:
All - Fucked

Wealth:
Poor - Fucked
Rich - Laughing
FFS

Postby Bronshtein » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:32 pm

When did freedom of movement become a bad thing anyway? I thought a large part of European history was about freeing the serfs and peasants and indentured labourers from being tied to the land?
I wonder if the majority of those voting to leave have now realised its going to make their travel out of the UK a lot harder - or is the aim to get us all to view foreign travel like the Americans do?
Bronshtein

Postby HongKongPhooey » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:55 pm

Bronshtein wrote:When did freedom of movement become a bad thing anyway? I thought a large part of European history was about freeing the serfs and peasants and indentured labourers from being tied to the land?
I wonder if the majority of those voting to leave have now realised its going to make their travel out of the UK a lot harder - or is the aim to get us all to view foreign travel like the Americans do?

I have the horrible feeling that they didn't really think it through .....................
HongKongPhooey

Postby heaps of bodies » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:25 pm

HongKongPhooey wrote:
Bronshtein wrote:When did freedom of movement become a bad thing anyway? I thought a large part of European history was about freeing the serfs and peasants and indentured labourers from being tied to the land?

I have the horrible feeling that they didn't really think it through .....................

I was always rather surprised 'Remain' didn't focus on one issue above all else at the time. 'Project Fear'? This would be project 'screw THAT, I'm voting STAY!!!!'

After Brexit, tobacco or alcohol bought from EU countries will be subject to the usual HMRC duty free allowances, which apply when you currently return from a non-EU country. Duty from allowances here: Bringing goods into the UK. UK excise duty and taxes will apply above these allowances.

After Brexit, returning from an EU country will the same as returning from a non-EU country like the USA, Australia, India or Japan.
heaps of bodies

Postby Arnald » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:16 pm

I am trying to think of parallels from history when "a people" or "nation" left a Union. Southern States in what is now the USA? Various States from the USSR?

Anyone know how that ended up?

Arnald.
Arnald

Postby Bronshtein » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:17 pm

They all lived happily ever after.
The End.
Bronshtein

Postby Etranger2 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:20 am

Arnald wrote:I am trying to think of parallels from history when "a people" or "nation" left a Union. Southern States in what is now the USA? Various States from the USSR?

Anyone know how that ended up?

Arnald.

Czechoslovakia splitting into the Czech Republic and Slovakia is about the only contemporary one that seems to be working so far.
Etranger2

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot