So this EU thing

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: So this EU thing

Postby rebelyell2006 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:31 am

That's not where the slash goes...
rebelyell2006

Postby ... - - - ... » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:50 pm

rebelyell2006 wrote:That's not where the slash goes...

Slash goes wherever Slash wants to.

... - - - ...

Postby JJCH nli » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:09 pm

As you get older my son, you will discover that the slash often dorsn’t go where you would wish it to.

Oddly enough I was in a queue in the supermarket yesterday and standing behind a woman who looked scarily like Steven Tyler. Most unfortunate.
JJCH nli

Postby ... - - - ... » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:15 pm

JJCH nli wrote:As you get older my son, you will discover that the slash often dorsn’t go where you would wish it to.

Oddly enough I was in a queue in the supermarket yesterday and standing behind a woman who looked scarily like Steven Tyler. Most unfortunate.

Tragic! On both counts!
... - - - ...

Postby FFS » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:37 pm

May on flying visit to Scotland to drum up support for her Brexit plan. Secretary of State for Scotland behind her. (Expressing an opinion on her chances? )

FFS

Postby FFS » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:28 pm

FFS

Postby Citizen Sade » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:55 pm

Unbelievable! How many legally held “assault rifles” are in civilian hands and how many crimes have been committed with these weapons?
Citizen Sade

Postby FFS » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:36 pm

Unbelievable! How many legally held “assault rifles” are in civilian hands and how many crimes have been committed with these weapons?

Haven't a Scooby, and I suspect neither do the Tories.
This may explain why the legislation didn't go through.

FFS

Postby Bronshtein » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:03 pm

This is bollocks.
It wasn't 'assault rifles'.
Automatic and semi-automatic weapons are already banned.
It is 'rapid-fire' weapons - (not clarified in the Bill) and .50 calibre weapons. (Not especially useful in street gang fights).

No civilian is allowed to carry 'assault rifles' in Britain. This is hysteria whipped up by poncing 'lefties' who can't be arsed dealing with institutional systemic poverty in the UK but like a cheap bandwagon when they see it.

I hate to say this but thank fuck for the Conservative Awkward Squad who didn't support this latest assault on a non-problem.
Bronshtein

Postby ... - - - ... » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:00 pm

Bronshtein wrote:This is bollocks.
It wasn't 'assault rifles'.
Automatic and semi-automatic weapons are already banned.
It is 'rapid-fire' weapons - (not clarified in the Bill) and .50 calibre weapons. (Not especially useful in street gang fights).

No civilian is allowed to carry 'assault rifles' in Britain. This is hysteria whipped up by poncing 'lefties' who can't be arsed dealing with institutional systemic poverty in the UK but like a cheap bandwagon when they see it.

I hate to say this but thank fuck for the Conservative Awkward Squad who didn't support this latest assault on a non-problem.

Indeed, it was not about assault rifles; it was very much about very high powered weapons, specifically .50 rifles. Given that they are not exactly the average gangsta's weapon of choice, banning them can only be part of the general move towards banning all firearms.
... - - - ...

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot