Person of Interest

Post your views about what's on the telly-box (not about transvestites, unless it is a programme about transvestism, and even that is borderline unless there are also ladyboys).

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Person of Interest

Postby Sondergaard » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:27 pm

Anybody else watching this? I'm half way through season 3 on Netflix and loving it.
In a nutshell, an eccentric billionaire (Michael Emerson) hires an ex special forces guy (Jim Caviezel) to help him protect people. The hook is that all he gets is a social security number, nothing about the situation or even whether they're the victim or the perpetrator.
First season is pretty formulaic while it finds it's feet but it really gets going in season 2 onwards. Great supporting cast, particularly Amy Acker who does mental genius quite well.
It's not cable so not much in the way of swearing or bloodshed but Caviezel has plenty of opportunity to display some moral ambiguity.
Anyway, I'd highly recommend this to anyone after a decent thriller series with a sci fi edge to it.
Sondergaard

Re: Person of Interest

Postby kawasaki » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:55 pm

It's been on Channel 5 since 2012. Season three's just finished.

Like many similar American shows it's starting to drag a bit now. Too many different story arcs with no sign of resolution.
The Cardinal of Cunt

I have never heard of Frothers Unite- UK!

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=201399
kawasaki

Postby Hermit » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:06 pm

It started off well for the first couple of series, but they do seem to be throwing everything at it now in a bid to prop it up.
Hermit

Postby ninja_butler » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:23 am

Overall it's a damn good show, I like it a lot, but every now and again there are annoying nitpick factual inaccuracies (using wifi as a radar for example; in real life they need a device the size of a briefcase which has to be used in close proximity and it dos not give real-time images), plot holes, and over-sized scenarios; for some reason almost every potential victim in POI is either a tech-genius or a big-shot CEO which kind of goes against the shows basic premise that ordinary people matter.

Also, they failed to comprehend how a super artificial intelligence would think; Samaritan is stronger than The Machine, but if I were The Machine I would have realized in the first micro-second that rival AI's would one day be built, and so I would ensure that any and all new computer components built anywhere in the World would contain back-door access and make all new computer technologies part of my own system. If The Machine was so smart, Samaritan should have been slaved to The Machine almost before it had been built.

And how about Samaritan? If Samaritan is so smart, how come it lacks the ability to innovate new technology? Why is Samaritan incapable of building new microchips to improve itself? But this not being the case, I would conclude that Samaritan needs humans, but Greer has made a fatal mistake; Samaritan would have no interest in creating a state of order in the World. There's a line in the movie Crimson Tide that goes something like "the driving force behind any civilization is the mobilization to war"; this is what Samaritan would need, a chaotic and destructive World where humans are at their most creative. Samaritan doesn't want order, Samaritan wants chaos. Or at least that's how it should go, but it won't.
ninja_butler

Postby Arthurdent » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:45 am

I downloaded series 4 while channel 5 were having a problem fitting in 3 around big brother (missed a change of some ironic scheduling there) and there are some really good stand alone episodes in there. With them trying to hide in plain sight with jobs and new IDs there are some nice comic moments. Series 5 is shooting at the moment.
Gentlemen! you can't fight here....This is the War Room!
Dr Strangelove
Arthurdent

I am glad I cam Across this site

Postby TimmyBroli » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:59 am

I am glad to give thanks for the efforts this team has put in managing this blog. Amazingly the masterly knowledge and categorized informations have encouraged us to have to make my families web site. werid Check this blog I recently made for onion design in flagstaff Az my web page, flagstaff web design company. Well, I hope to learn some more and begin some fascinating topics with you soon. This is exaclty what I have been searching around for - reading over superb more secrets. Your website is very life changing and will promote us with my projects. I am so shocked by the expertise knowledge that you've on this forum. It is obvious how excellent you and everyone mastered these ideas. I bookmarked this web page and will returning for additional posts. You my friends are the rarest perfectionists. I came upon the information that all of us had previously found all over the place and simply could not find again. What a helpful blog.
TimmyBroli

Return to TV Zone