Are Dark Matter and/or Killjoys any good?

Post your views about what's on the telly-box (not about transvestites, unless it is a programme about transvestism, and even that is borderline unless there are also ladyboys).

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Are Dark Matter and/or Killjoys any good?

Postby Nuclear Abortion Technician » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:48 am

Australian Dawn wrote:Thanks. :)

I do prefer evil aliens to corporate CEOs though. :(

"The Expanse" has nasty corporations, A "Cold War" between Earth and the Martian Republic and also an alien presence which is poorly understood by all involved.

Oh, and an underclass of "Belters" working the outer planets and asteroids - Shame they are all made to look like rave hippies :(
Nuclear Abortion Technician

Postby Australian Dawn » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:15 am

It sounds like an interesting show. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :beer:
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:47 pm

I just watched the first season of Killjoys, it was pretty good I thought. The female lead was a bit over sexualised and any potentially meaningful moments that could have highlighted some characterisation and acting were ignored in preference for cool one liners, sexiness and slow motion swagger, with distracting music blaring over her best scenes, but the stories were interesting, full of intrigue and world building, and while it's not exactly deep I thought it was a fun watch.
I just wish it had aliens. :(
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:03 am

I just watched Dark Matter seasons 1 and 2. I thought it was really good.
The acting and fight scenes were really impressive.
I especially loved the Android. She did a great job bringing a sympathetic machine character to life, voice, mannerisms, just excellent.
The story of the characters struggling to come to terms with their past is engrossing and really quite profound for an action packed Sci-Fi, series and I hope there is a lot more to come.
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:02 am

Nuclear Abortion Technician wrote:Don't know if you have read "The Expanse" series of books by James Corey (a pen name for 2 blokes who worked as assistants for GRR Martin), but the TV series is pretty good. The books are very space opera instead of the "Hard Sci-Fi" some have alleged it to be, and the TV show has its problems, but character development does not seem to be one of them.

I just watched the first season of The Expanse and really enjoyed it. Very Noir detective story, great acting and an interesting plot. Thank you for recommending it. :beer:
Australian Dawn

Previous

Return to TV Zone