SS GB

Post your views about what's on the telly-box (not about transvestites, unless it is a programme about transvestism, and even that is borderline unless there are also ladyboys).

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: SS GB

Postby Glenn » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:55 pm

It was definitely flawed but I enjoyed the last episode and thought Huth and Archer made an interesting duo.
Glenn

Postby sane max nli » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:45 am

Hastati wrote:So, I did watch all the way through to the bitter, bitter end. More fool me, that really was utter shite.

Hastati wrote:Good-ish novel

Jesus, if you thought the book was good-ish the TV drama must have been a long, LONG way past utter shite.
sane max nli

Postby Hastati » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:14 pm

I read the book back in 1980/81 or so, and my memory of it is that it was good, not great. Now, his book "Bomber" is fantastic.
When I die I want the Arsenal players to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.
Hastati

Postby sane max nli » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:28 pm

Hastati wrote:I read the book back in 1980/81 or so, and my memory of it is that it was good, not great. Now, his book "Bomber" is fantastic.

iirc we have had this discussion elsewhere. Nowadays authors do it all the time 'fuck, i am rolling in cash and i really cannot be arsed to write / fuck I am dead and my publishers are greedy cunts' - the result 'Not Tom Clancy' or 'Met Virginia Andrews once' authors. But before this became au courant, back in the 80's my dad sworE blind that 'Len Deighton' was two people - that one sane human being could NOT write such stylistically and qualitatively different books. About half of his books are excellent, about half are utter turgid dogwiddle. His Non-Fiction tended to all be good - Blitzkrieg for example - but a lot of his fiction reads like it was written by Frederick Forsyth on his holidays.

Pat
sane max nli

Postby Duff » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:48 am

James Cosmo survived. That was enough of a shock to keep me watching season two.
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby General Paranoia » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:44 pm

Duff wrote:James Cosmo survived. That was enough of a shock to keep me watching season two.

I'm sure Archer will be able to find a fresh supply of trendy dark blue shirts while on the run on the moors
"Your assumption is that TMP's fortunes are down because of something I'm doing (or not doing). Again, that's your opinion, but there's no evidence for that."
- Editor in Chief Bill
General Paranoia

Previous

Return to TV Zone