Sedition Watf - Biohazard Pack 2

Your thoughts on the (small) world of little lead miniatures.

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Sedition Watf - Biohazard Pack 2

Postby Badger Loving Fluffster » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:21 pm

It arrived today:

The resin Kara is very nice. Top notch sculpt and excellent, clean casting.
The terrain set looks all ok. Nice solid pieces with a bit, but not much cleaning required.
The drones are, like the terrain pack, solid and minimal trimming required
The cards are, well... cards. Same good design and production levels that the original game had.
The dvd has yet to be explored.

But...

The plastic figs are shit. They are far too delicate to put up with the amount of cleaning that they are going to require to be made half decent and they also appear to have shrunk considerably... maybe put in the wrong wash? I'll have to wait until I get home to check the size but they look far smaller that I remember the original models looking.

So, the balance of the stuff is actually very good quality and overall I am happy I went with the Terrain set, but the "Serenity" like figs were what I was looking forward to most and it looks like I'll end up with a hacked-to-bits dwarf Firefly tribute act :cry:
Frothers: "Nerd culture baseball bat to the face !" (the Badsmile 18/4/12)
Badger Loving Fluffster
Associate Member

Re: Sedition Watf - Biohazard Pack 2

Postby Carcharoth » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:39 pm

That sums it up well. I felt deeply unenthusiastic about opening a parcel that I've been waiting for for so long!
It wouldn't be so bad if the game was a tad more playable...
Carcharoth

Postby AndrewGPaul » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:46 pm

I had three Biohazard sets plus extras arrive yesterday. One miscast and one broken. :( Fair enough these things happen.

Annoyingly, the set of cards with amended stats only covers the ones in the base game; not the additional ones for all the extras included in the Biohazard set. :(
AndrewGPaul

Postby Gi6ers » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Theiving cunts, didn't they show the sculpts as a higher quality than they are.?
Just ask for a refund.
Gi6ers

Postby General Paranoia » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:36 pm

As someone who makes fairly skinny figures I'd class these as abnormally thin. However I only got the sets for the aliens and the scenery (and since Frank gave up with his Sci-Fi troopers I don't even need them anymore!)
"Your assumption is that TMP's fortunes are down because of something I'm doing (or not doing). Again, that's your opinion, but there's no evidence for that."
- Editor in Chief Bill
General Paranoia

Postby Doremi Fasol Latido » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:43 pm

Like I said on LAF, everyone who isn't 100% happy with this stuff really should let McVey or cmon know (whichever calls the shots). Sounds like a lot of people are saying the models are shit but manufacturers can disregard forum bitching all too easily.
Doremi Fasol Latido

Postby --- » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:02 pm

And the moral for today, kiddies, is say 'bollocks to Kickstarter' and wait 'til things actually come out and you can have a look at them first 8)
---
Committee Member

Postby Vermis » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:58 pm

Dags wrote:And the moral for today, kiddies, is say 'bollocks to Kickstarter' and wait 'til things actually come out and you can have a look at them first 8)

+1
Vermis

Postby Skipp » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:08 am

Yep, kickstarter isn't actually helping either buyers or companies find their pot of gold...

A shame in many ways. But there you go. I'm not backing any currently (have 2 outstanding that I'm waiting on product from, both overdue) - I'm not saying never, but I'll be careful in the future.

What are you doing Dave?
Skipp

Postby Duff » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:52 am

Same here. I've backed two KS; one I'm still waiting on, months after it was originally due (though it does look good from the updates) and the other was a major disappointment (RBG), so I don't think I'll be bothering with it again. I'd rather pay a bit more after release, it will be worth it for the peace of mind.
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Next

Return to Colonel Marbles' Mess Hall