Gluing foamed pvc (Forex)- what glue works best?

Your thoughts on the (small) world of little lead miniatures.

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Gluing foamed pvc (Forex)- what glue works best?

Postby ink the troll » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:05 am

I know there's some glue that more or less cold welds pieces of foamed pvc together, but I don't want to buy that glue (wouldn't see that much use and thus is too expensive).

Super glue didn't work too well (not even gorilla glue, and that stuff is quite effective).

Wood glue doesn't work too well and only if the pieces of foamed pvc will later be covered in various layers of wall or wood filler or the construction doesn't need to support much weight.

So far two part epoxy glue has been the most effective. Any other ideas or tricks?
sanity is for cowards

blogthingy
ink the troll

Postby Sinewgrab » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:45 am

Use the same stuff that is recommended for PVC piping from a hardware store - it's the same material.
Sinewgrab

Postby anevilgiraffe » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:59 am

superglue does it for me... and it's poundlands cheapest and wateryest as well...

Gailbraithe wrote:I actually do know better than the dictionary.
anevilgiraffe
Associate Member

Postby ink the troll » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:07 pm

anevilgiraffe wrote:superglue does it for me... and it's poundlands cheapest and wateryest as well...

Odd. Will give superglue another try then, this time I'll wash the foamed pvc first (it was covered with a self- adhesive sheet for protection, maybe there's some sort of residue).

Sinewgrab, I'll see if I can find that kind of glue in smaller containers/ tubes as I don't really want a 500g can.
sanity is for cowards

blogthingy
ink the troll

Postby geronimo » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:11 pm

Never had an issue with superglue and foamex, the thinner the better....
...I've heard things about people from other people about certain people to back that up (c) Andrew May

geronimo
Associate Member

Postby ork56 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:18 pm

superglue is OK if the joining scetions are perfectly square-cut.

you couldtry some type of impact adhesive? look on Bostik website for their range to suit foamex.
ork56

Postby Klingsor » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:51 pm

The thinner superglue needs a very tight join for it to work, the thicker sorts are more forgiving of gaps. Gorilla superglue is good stuff, I use it myself but they also do a funny soft of glue whose name escapes me (Gorilla glue obviously but I cannot recall the type of glue it is) that needs water to work properly but gives a very strong bond when it sets up properly and will stick almost anything (especially skin) but is very messy.
Klingsor

Postby Pil » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:55 pm

I've used superglue as well, but it wouldn't hurt to pin the joints in some way.
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins
Pil

Re: Gluing foamed pvc (Forex)- what glue works best?

Postby moosix » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:14 pm

Use the same stuff that is recommended for PVC piping from a hardware store - it's the same material.
moosix

Re: Gluing foamed pvc (Forex)- what glue works best?

Postby moosix » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:14 pm

Have you ever tried online forex trading? It is an exclusive way to your financial freedom. I started to study it only a few months ago when I occasionally came across the tradersunion site. It is very interesting, but I still find it risky to start playing for real money. I am training on a free demo account. It is good that most brokers allow you unlimited access to it.
moosix

Return to Colonel Marbles' Mess Hall