WK's Renaissance fantasy: Wichhunters and more released

Post reports of previously unseen miniatures here!

Moderator: Col. Marbles' Command Crew

Re: WK's Renaissance fantasy: zombies on kickstarter

Postby White Knight » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:16 pm

After the dwarfs and halflings, TAG is now doing another kickstarter (a tiny one this time) to get my human zombies back into production. The models are perfect for Mordheim or a Sylvanian army, to name just a few possibilities. Just 4 days to go.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/584137481/tag-28mm-landsknecht-zombie-miniatures

White Knight
Committee Member

Postby Australian Dawn » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:52 am

The top zombie is particularly impressive. 8)
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby White Knight » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:06 pm

Only 2 hours left!
White Knight
Committee Member

Re: WK's Renaissance fantasy: Witchhunters

Postby White Knight » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:39 pm

These aren't mine unfortunately, but I couldn't resist showing off this painted set of the witchhunters, by German hobbyist Jan Niehues. They really look splendid in colour!

Shameless plug, there are a few copies left in the "getting some" section on the blog... 0;)
White Knight
Committee Member

Postby Australian Dawn » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:09 pm

They look more like they're armed to hunt vampires to me, unless that cigar is for burning witches to find the devil's mark. He looks like a man who enjoys his work.
Australian Dawn

Re: WK's Renaissance fantasy: Some familiar characters (28/4

Postby White Knight » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:43 pm

A few characters that may be familiar to you are to be added to the range. While these were sculpted some years ago, they have only been available in limited quantities for a very short time (2 month period), after the 2004 sculpting contest. Conveniently, there backstory will be woven into the loose fluff for my imagined Renaissance Empire...

While you've been introduced before to the Graf's lovely daughters, we were yet to encounter their stepmother, the Graf's new wife. Noone really knows where she came from, though she herself says she descends from a royal lineage and claims the title of "Queen of Hearts". Tensions have been running high between the Graf's daughters and their stepmother... Model sculpted by Shane Hoyle.

Another mysterious character has been roaming the land off late. This ageing knight is clad in shiny white armour, with a helmet shaped after a horse's head and carries some frankly odd equipment. Upon mention of his presence in the Empire, it is said the Graf's new wife reacted with visible shock, suggesting perhaps that this White Knight may have traveled from the same place whence she came. If that is the case, it does not appear as if that news was a welcome one...
White Knight
Committee Member

Re: WK's Renaissance fantasy: Bear Knight greens (18/5)

Postby White Knight » Thu May 18, 2017 7:56 pm

Mick Darpa has delivered another set of (in my opinon) characerful sculpts with an oldschool bent. This is another set of knights templar (on foot). These belong to the order of the Great Bear. They are wearing heavy fur cloaks, made from the skins of bears they killed themselves and wield impressive great hammers that strike fear in the hearts of their enemies just by looking at them.

The champion of the unit looks unimpressed by the enemy. He'll lift his hammer when they get close enough to smell their breaths... The bearhead adorning his helmet could also be painted differently to represent a particularly ugly direwolf if you prefer.

The musician goes into battle armed with a "small" warhammer, to keep his other hand free in case his needs to blow his horn.

The proud standard of the unit. No frills, just a carved bear's head to show what they are about.

The first 5 rank and file Great Bear templar. I will post more pictures from different angles when I get them. A second set of rank and file figures, with bare heads, will be converted from these after moulding.

White Knight
Committee Member

Postby Monkeyborg » Thu May 18, 2017 8:38 pm

Excellent figures WK! The Queen and knight are :froth: :froth: :froth:

Will they be available through TAG eventually?
Monkeyborg

Postby Australian Dawn » Thu May 18, 2017 8:45 pm

I'm not sure PETA would approve...
Australian Dawn

Postby White Knight » Thu May 18, 2017 8:58 pm

Monkeyborg wrote:Excellent figures WK! The Queen and knight are :froth: :froth: :froth:

Will they be available through TAG eventually?

No plans for that at the moment, so they will be available directly through me, like the witchhunters and knights. In time if Pete is interested, we can talk. :D
White Knight
Committee Member

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting reports