Perry Rhodan

Discussion of cinematic genius and disaster past and present, with a twist of froth.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Perry Rhodan

Postby Australian Dawn » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:31 pm

Jakar Nilson wrote:
Australian Dawn wrote:You think SF geekery has something to do with Germanys proclivities that way?.... Vril, world ice theory...You may be right! :shock:

Vril energy came from a British novel, The Coming Race, and had a fan following in esoteric societies everywhere in the late 19th century. Of course, everyone misses that the book was a satire of Victorian society with an inversion of the genders. Everyone just keeps it at super-electricity created by a superior underground race.

Have you read it by any chance? I've always wondered if it was any good, I suppose it was the Star Wars of it's day, spawning mysticism in the same way The Force inspires people to declare themselves Jedi on surveys today.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Jakar Nilson » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:17 pm

Australian Dawn wrote:
Jakar Nilson wrote:
Australian Dawn wrote:You think SF geekery has something to do with Germanys proclivities that way?.... Vril, world ice theory...You may be right! :shock:

Vril energy came from a British novel, The Coming Race, and had a fan following in esoteric societies everywhere in the late 19th century. Of course, everyone misses that the book was a satire of Victorian society with an inversion of the genders. Everyone just keeps it at super-electricity created by a superior underground race.

Have you read it by any chance? I've always wondered if it was any good, I suppose it was the Star Wars of it's day, spawning mysticism in the same way The Force inspires people to declare themselves Jedi on surveys today.

Yes, and it's so-so. The protagonist is one of those passive types that only serve to be explained every facet of the utopic society.
"There are those that claim that war is all glory, but I can tell you it is all hell." -William Tecumseh Sherman

http://dp9forum.com/aurora/ Read Alfie's Tenners, every second month in Aurora magazine!
Jakar Nilson
Associate Member

Dental Implant Surgery Question

Postby CalvinDug » Tue May 19, 2020 2:34 am

How Much Is An Average Dental Implant?
Click for more info: dental implants
CalvinDug

Postby Etranger2 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:38 am

Better off asking Bill on TMP....
Etranger2

Previous