Spambot Invasion!

Here is where we ask YOU for your thoughts and ideas on the FU!UK content... Dead links, errors, or ideas you would like to help us develop... we'll take all suggestions to improve your online frothing experience!

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Spambot Invasion!

Postby --- » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:41 am

Doremi Fasol Latido wrote:How is it that LAF and the Oldhammer forums don't appear to have this problem but Frothers does? What is they're doing that the cuntmittee (a little Red-ism there)isn't?

Unfortunately, Frothers anti-spam measures at present consists of me, Seb & Pete and a rather tatty broom to sweep it under the carpet. Until a proper filter is in place there's nothing else we can do but move it when we spot it. Believe you me, there's things I'd much rather be doing than moving 100+ threads each day :(
---
Committee Member

Postby Doremi Fasol Latido » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:38 am

Dags wrote:
Doremi Fasol Latido wrote:How is it that LAF and the Oldhammer forums don't appear to have this problem but Frothers does? What is they're doing that the cuntmittee (a little Red-ism there)isn't?

Unfortunately, Frothers anti-spam measures at present consists of me, Seb & Pete and a rather tatty broom to sweep it under the carpet. Until a proper filter is in place there's nothing else we can do but move it when we spot it. Believe you me, there's things I'd much rather be doing than moving 100+ threads each day :(

Oohhhhh... so we're waiting on the two people who can make changes to do something to a website they never visit and have no hand in? :roll:

Bugger.
Doremi Fasol Latido

Postby Ajsalium » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:18 pm

Yup. Looks like we are at square one here. Pretty much the same situation as exactly one year ago. Nothing learned. The problem is not the site falling apart, or being spammed to death; but the lack of an active administrator.
Sorry for the mini-rant.
My fucking blog
Updated Jan 21st
Ajsalium

Postby Hermit » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:23 pm

We need the Doc to sort this out.

It's a good job he's not the Doc as in Doctor Who, or the Daleks would now be our masters, or we'd all be Cybermen by the time he moved his arse :lol:
Hermit

Postby Doremi Fasol Latido » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:33 pm

Hermit wrote:We need the Doc to sort this out.

It's a good job he's not the Doc as in Doctor Who, or the Daleks would now be our masters, or we'd all be Cybermen by the time he moved his arse :lol:

Daleks and Cybermen would have a fucking spam filter though! :wink:
Doremi Fasol Latido

Postby Duff » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:52 pm

No, we need Doc to give proper access to a few qualified Frothers and then to fuck off for good so we can get Redzed back.
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby THE Killer Bob » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:00 pm

Duff wrote:so we can get Redzed back.

No need to get carried away. :mrgreen:
It's happening again...
THE Killer Bob

Postby mcfonz » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:57 pm

Duff wrote:

No, we need Doc to give proper access to a few qualified Frothers and then to fuck off for good so we can get Redzed back.

Quite. I have met Doc and he seems a nice enough chap but the last couple of years have been a bit bad.

Dare I add that perhaps it is time for a little shake up? I hear some of the committee haven't been on for yonks.
My building and painting Blog: http://mcfonz.blogspot.co.uk/
My review blog (miniatures, terrain etc): http://miniaturesofakind.blogspot.co.uk/
mcfonz

Postby Duff » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:20 am

Brother Maynard last posted in 2005, Doc hasn't been on since July, UncE since October, DDep since the end of January.

Not sure if I've ever met Brother M but I used to really like the others, I've been out drinking with Mike and Nick on a good few occasions, usually at the Red Lion on Kingly Street, including the night we all met the Rev in person for the first time. But the last couple of years their combination of a total lack of interest in the site and disregard for the opinions of the members, combined with a complete unwillingness to pass on the reigns, has really soured my feelings towards them. I still think they are nice guys (well, Nick and Mike are nice, Mark is funny but I wouldn't describe him as nice) but to be honest I just wish they would fuck off and give the keys to Jon or Seb so something could actually be done to improve this place.
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby Hastati » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:59 am

Duff wrote: we need Doc to give proper access to a few qualified Frothers and then to fuck off for good so we can get Redzed back.

Exactly. We are right back where we were last year. I understand this place seems to be a personal little ego trip, but sometimes to save something good you have to let it go. In this case, just hand the fucking admin access over to someone who gives a shit and will invest some time in maintaining the site. There are plenty of us willing to lob in cash to pay for the place, but we need someone who is tech savvy and actually has the time and interest to do the maintenance to be given the keys to the car.
When I die I want the Arsenal players to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.
Hastati

PreviousNext

Return to Frother Feedback Box