Anyone got advice about US style UK heroes?

All thats fit to print and plenty thats not from the world of comic frotherdom...

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Anyone got advice about US style UK heroes?

Postby Australian Dawn » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:38 am

Trump's much too two dimensional to be a batman villain.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby Jakar Nilson » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:03 pm

Australian Dawn wrote:Trump's much too two dimensional to be a batman villain.

That reminds me of the Batman/Captain America crossover when the Joker finds out that the Red Skull is a true, bona fide Nazi.
"There are those that claim that war is all glory, but I can tell you it is all hell." -William Tecumseh Sherman

http://dp9forum.com/aurora/ Read Alfie's Tenners, every second month in Aurora magazine!
Jakar Nilson
Associate Member

Postby Australian Dawn » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:14 pm

I think I saw an internet article on that once, didn't he team up with Dr Doom (a Gypsy) and Magneto (a Jew) as well? Real smart guy.
Shooting people in 5th ave and thinking he wouldn't lose votes sounds like his reasoning....

Maybe Red Skull put on weight, faded from red to orange and went into American politics?
Australian Dawn

Postby Voice From Limbo » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:44 am

My main worry would be getting the right shade of orange.

I suppose this could serve as a sort of tutorial:

https://youtu.be/LTosB6V_V24

(And yeah, that was a cheap excuse to get another one in. I'm shameless. :roll: )
Voice From Limbo

Postby Australian Dawn » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:51 am

He's not desperate though, is he? Or at least he's too stupid to know it.
He's given the world a collective heart attack but he probably thinks he'll go down in history as the greatest leader of the free world ever. :(
His ego is impenetrable. :(
Australian Dawn

Postby Voice From Limbo » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:37 am

I tried googling "Desperate Trump", just for fun.
Voice From Limbo

Postby Australian Dawn » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:30 am

Talking geriatric villains... here's a couple of villains from an old TV show I'm thinking of trying converting stand ins for (yes I'm hijacking my own thread now, but Trump reminded me, I'm running out of WW2 era villain ideas and this guy looks old enough, although he would have been younger then, and she wouldn't have been born....Ahh, minor details! I intend on doing more Aussie characters after my Pommy ones anyway.)
Infinity have a model that looks a bit like the girl but for the head (or maybe a wasp Nano Metalfig will come out and look something like that and not be as fiddly as an infinity figure) But the helmet has me stumped, it looks sort of Judge Dreddy so I thought I might as well ask here.
Any Ideas?
Professor X conversion for the old guy I'm thinking.

I'll have to do the show's heroes too eventually.

I'm also thinking of doing a Japanese mad scientist from the Institute for Cetacean research (or frogman?) with a controller controlling a harpooned whale man based on this Japanese mascot for whale eating douchebagery:
https://www.smh.com.au/national/eating- ... nyqc0.html

(Heroclix have a great looking Namor and Giganto so my Axis will get a shoddy Japanese knock off to fight my heroes, with authentic shoddiness thanks to my lack of skill :( ) runny blood pool rising sun where a harpoon struck and the mascot has it's hero emblem on its chest, undead or suffering looking, you know me, subtle.

I don't know If I should go cartoony or not, the mascot is cartoony and I could try and find a Skylanders Thumpback to convert, it has a good pose but there are good whale men figures out there...Or convert some larger toys?
I'd have to cape him (a tarp or the sail from a protest ship with ropes hanging down?) and add a spout of water from the head like the Mascot (but bloody?), and cover him in harpoons trailing ropes (with handlers holding all the ropes from these and the "cape"?) and wounds (Being crawled over and cut into/up for food and stabbed to prod forward, a sashimi food cart alongside... too much???), maybe swap out the Thumpback anchor for a harpoon as hand weapon, and/or harpoon gun? (or manned harpoon gun on back maybe?). So he can also act as a paper thin excuse for a unit of Japanese with naginata to fight superheroes and in WWW2 games.
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:14 am

Voice From Limbo wrote:I tried googling "Desperate Trump", just for fun.

Yeah, Sorry to get all serious about a comedy song. :oops: :lol:
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:50 am

So does anyone know of a good mini for this guy?

I'm sure I've seen GI Joe mooks who looks about right, do any of you know where? I thought it might have been posted somewhere by one of you guys.

I found this googling the web, it seems to show Eskimos worshiping him* so it seems like he'd make a great anti-captain America for my Axis villains, he looks the part anyway.
I like the ice throne.

So a vaguely Namor themed Japanese whale man and a vaguely Capt. America themed German army villain...My own twisted logic now suggests I find an Italian/fascist Human Torch analogue.

*Did the Eskimos who worshiped Capt. America ever come looking for their lost idol? I can just imagine an Eskimo dressed like him setting out on a holy quest to find and retrieve his tribes lost god to prevent some calamity only to end up emulating his god as an Eskimo Captain America legacy hero of sorts.
Surely Marvel have done something like this?
Australian Dawn

Postby Australian Dawn » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:51 am

Also has anyone seen the Mirliton Goblin War Giant up close who can tell me how big the Goblins hanging off it and crawling on it are?
I'm thinking of sticking a whale's head on one and using it for my Japanese whale man (there is even a gap in the battle platform for a blowhole!) and am hoping the goblins are about human scale to be converted to human workers or slaves harvesting and controlling it.

Thanks. :beer:
Australian Dawn

PreviousNext

Return to Comics Emporium