FROTHERS FOOTBALL CHAT (Bitching, Piss-Taking and Insults!)

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: FROTHERS FOOTBALL CHAT (Bitching, Piss-Taking and Insult

Postby Macunaima nli » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:51 am

Bronshtein wrote:If I were channelling the 1970s, I'd say 'what do you expect, footie's a girl's game anyway' but somehow it doesn't seem right (thank God) and the women make it look more like a proper game than some of the overpaid prima donna's in the Premier League.

This.
Macunaima nli

Postby JJCH nli » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:42 am

Macunaima nli wrote:
JJCH nli wrote:I’ve been enjoying the WWC but I have to say, there’s something very rum about women’s football. White people seem to be over represented and it defies the laws of space and time that the Yanks can be good at an international sport. Sad to see France go out. Let’s hope England knock the septics off.

We noticed that too. It’s the primeire women’s sport in the U.S., so guess what happens?

No need to guess, like the men’s version, it’s pay to play from an early age and thus dominated by white, middle-class, kids whose parents can afford to pay and to the detriment and near exclusion of most ethnic minorities, in particular those ones where the sport has the biggest following, ie the Latino community. There have been some interesting articles on the phenomenon and some innovative programs to get inner city kids playing but it’s working against a fairly firmly established regime. By contrast have a look at the French team and the effort they have made to get young French-African and North African girls from the banlieues playing.

The difference betwixt the woeful Yank men’s team and the dominant women’s is that there is and has been for a long time, a viable women’s club competition in the US of A. That gives them enough raw material to forge a team. The only way a Brazilian female player can afford to make football a professional career is to bugger off to France or the US.
JJCH nli

Postby JJCH nli » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:00 am

Mil gols
Mil gols
Mil gols
Mil gols
Mil gols
Só Pelé
Só Pelé
Maradona cheirador! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2-0 if you hadn't noticed.
JJCH nli

Postby gustav » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:02 am

meh - I'm just happy the mighty Brisbane Lions are so far 9 & 5 this year and hopefully finals bound !
gustav

Postby Macunaima nli » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:25 am

JJCH nli wrote:Mil gols
Mil gols
Mil gols
Mil gols
Mil gols
Só Pelé
Só Pelé
Maradona cheirador! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2-0 if you hadn't noticed.

Yep. Watched it on a big outdoor screen!
Macunaima nli

Postby JJCH nli » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:37 am

And a former Flamenguista seals the win over Chile! :D

Come back Paolo, the failed drug swabs are forgiven.
JJCH nli

Postby cameosis » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:17 pm

south africa with the goal of the tournament so far, team effort and passing in perfection.
nigeria in a thriller through against cameroon, go supereagles! hope that clarence stays at the helm of the cameroonian national side, they played great football, too.

sweden reacquisitioned their groove back, if only they had played in the semis the way they did today.

argentina - chile, more of a pub brawl than football, but thankfully the argentinians put the chilean apes (notably medel and vidal) in the backseat.
esse quam videri. (marcus tullius cicero)
cameosis

Postby JJCH nli » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:54 pm

:D :D :D :D :D

3:1 and even though it was a ridiculously harsh penalty I didn’t mind Paolo getting one back for Peru. With the possible exception of Dani Alves I reckon he’s played more games on that field than anyone else on the pitch.

The icing on the cake was the very cool reception a nervous looking Bolsonaro received. Loved it when Tite ducked the attempted hug.
JJCH nli

Postby JJCH nli » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:09 am

5-0, 6-1 on aggregate and we are off to Chile :D :D :D :D :D

Made it even sweeter that it was fucking Grêmio.
JJCH nli

Postby Macunaima nli » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:26 pm

My cat was cowering beneath the tables back home in Rio last night, certain the apocalypse was nigh.
Macunaima nli

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot