State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Voice From Limbo » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:17 pm

If you missed Chris Wallace's interview with Trump on Fox News Sunday, it's worth looking for. 45 minutes of nonstop WTF moments.

"We won two world wars, beautiful world wars"

"Joe Biden doesn't even know he's alive!"

"If he gets elected, religion will be gone, life will be gone. . ."
Voice From Limbo

Postby Macunaima » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:48 pm

Condottiero wrote:
Macunaima wrote:
Straw man is still straw man, John.

So says the King of Straw-men...

Name one.
Macunaima

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:46 pm

Macunaima wrote:
Condottiero wrote:
Macunaima wrote:
Straw man is still straw man, John.

So says the King of Straw-men...

Name one.

Here's a few:

http://www.frothersunite.com/phpBB3/vie ... 0#p1014548

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45031&start=54460#p1073591

http://www.frothersunite.com/phpBB3/vie ... 0#p1077927

http://www.frothersunite.com/phpBB3/vie ... 0#p1105765
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Macunaima » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:50 pm

Let’s make this simple and not copy the dogfucker, OK? Choose one of those and tell me why you think I am employing a strawman. Your track rate on these “cool kid” terms you pick up at the local Starbucks is pretty abysmal, Condi. “Strawman” does not mean “an argument I disagree with”.
Macunaima

Postby Hermit » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:05 pm

Voice From Limbo wrote:To the "Hillary wouldn't do it" list, I'll add disbanding the pandemic response team.

Along with defunding the World Health Organisation. It's like shooting the doctor that's trying to help you.
And holding a rally during a pandemic.
And childishly criticising the chief virologist.
And suggestions of injecting disinfectant.
And generally throwing a massive strop because the virus is getting more attention.

And that's before you get onto other things Hillary Clinton wouldn't have done!
Hermit

Postby gustav » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:59 pm

How about being literally incompetent in any speech and not being able to display any empathy, class, dignity or gravitas whatsoever. His only ability to use descriptive words at the level of grade 5, tremendous, wonderful, great, best ever, "bigly".

When asked to name a policy - it's "you will see" "we will roll out the greatest thing". and it never ever happens. Can do a photo op with Beans or a Pillow though.

Still waiting to see the details on the best healthcare system ever, that will be cheaper and better.
Still waiting to see the best, greatest tax returns ever.
Still waiting to see the "best" people in the WH - oh no they are fired every other week.
Still waiting to see Mexico pay for that wall. (Best was wall ever, a tremendous wall - that has not been built.).
Still waiting to see him even try to get Hillary locked up. Thought that was a definite. Funnily enough it's him that got impeached.
Still waiting to see the best economy ever. As if he could reverse the Reaganomics trickle down globalisation economy that has destroyed western manufacturing in the Anglo world in the name of short-term share profits. Thx Thatcher, Major, Howard etc etc.

Could go on but it's tiresome and boring to list the outright incompetency and grifting.
gustav

Postby Macunaima » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:12 am

Thank you, Gustav. Of course, none of that really affects white male americans in their 60s, does it? So it’s quite understandable that they wouldn’t see that as anything of import.
Macunaima

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:36 am

Macunaima wrote:Let’s make this simple and not copy the dogfucker, OK? Choose one of those and tell me why you think I am employing a strawman. Your track rate on these “cool kid” terms you pick up at the local Starbucks is pretty abysmal, Condi. “Strawman” does not mean “an argument I disagree with”.

Why the modesty?

Embrace your destiny: The Straw man King!
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Macunaima » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:47 am

Condottiero wrote:
Macunaima wrote:Let’s make this simple and not copy the dogfucker, OK? Choose one of those and tell me why you think I am employing a strawman. Your track rate on these “cool kid” terms you pick up at the local Starbucks is pretty abysmal, Condi. “Strawman” does not mean “an argument I disagree with”.

Why the modesty?

Let me guess, Condi: you were the first kid in grade school to learn the word “faggot” and you then applied it to everything and everyone, indiscriminately, for the next 12 years.
Macunaima

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:05 am

Macunaima wrote:
Condottiero wrote:

Why the modesty?

Let me guess, Condi: you were the first kid in grade school to learn the word “faggot” and you then applied it to everything and everyone, indiscriminately, for the next 12 years.

Do you know what a straw man is?
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot