State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Macunaima » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:39 pm

Quis custodiet wrote:
Macunaima wrote:Regarding Floyd being a “career criminal”, his rap sheet is less impressive, in terms of violence, than that of the cop who killed him. Except for one case, it is really penny-ante drugs and theft. And the one case that isn’t... well, let’s put it this way: if Floyd had anything of the type of representation Chauvin’s going to get, I very much doubt he’d’ve ever spent a day in jail.

You can read the histories of the two men here and decide for yourself:
https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/06/12/ ... al-record/
https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/06/12/ ... al-record/

Ah, Snopes.
Who fact checks the fact checkers?


They are certainly better than an anonymous voice on the internet because, in fact, they are constantly being group-checked by the entire internet, not the least politically extremist trolls.
Macunaima
 
Posts: 6083
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Snopes » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:20 pm

Macunaima wrote:
Quis custodiet wrote:
Macunaima wrote:Regarding Floyd being a “career criminal”, his rap sheet is less impressive, in terms of violence, than that of the cop who killed him. Except for one case, it is really penny-ante drugs and theft. And the one case that isn’t... well, let’s put it this way: if Floyd had anything of the type of representation Chauvin’s going to get, I very much doubt he’d’ve ever spent a day in jail.

You can read the histories of the two men here and decide for yourself:
https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/06/12/ ... al-record/
https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/06/12/ ... al-record/

Ah, Snopes.
Who fact checks the fact checkers?


They are certainly better than an anonymous voice on the internet because, in fact, they are constantly being group-checked by the entire internet, not the least politically extremist trolls.

I understand. They are impeccable and beyond reproach. Just like the New York Times.
No bias one way or the other.
Got it.
User avatar
Snopes
 

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby kyotebue2 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:28 pm

John Lewis has died Trump is golfing with Lindsey Graham.
kyotebue2
 
Posts: 7204
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:31 pm
Location: The Oklahoma Dust Bowl.

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:34 pm

kyotebue2 wrote:John Lewis has died Trump is golfing with Lindsey Graham.


John Lewis died for me when they started offering concessions.
Something Harvey Nichols would never do.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Macunaima » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:02 pm

Snopes wrote:
Macunaima wrote:
Quis custodiet wrote:
Macunaima wrote:Regarding Floyd being a “career criminal”, his rap sheet is less impressive, in terms of violence, than that of the cop who killed him. Except for one case, it is really penny-ante drugs and theft. And the one case that isn’t... well, let’s put it this way: if Floyd had anything of the type of representation Chauvin’s going to get, I very much doubt he’d’ve ever spent a day in jail.

You can read the histories of the two men here and decide for yourself:
https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/06/12/ ... al-record/
https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/06/12/ ... al-record/

Ah, Snopes.
Who fact checks the fact checkers?


They are certainly better than an anonymous voice on the internet because, in fact, they are constantly being group-checked by the entire internet, not the least politically extremist trolls.

I understand. They are impeccable and beyond reproach. Just like the New York Times.
No bias one way or the other.
Got it.


Straw man is still straw man, John.
Macunaima
 
Posts: 6083
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby McKinstry » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:11 pm

No bias one way or the other.


Name a better one.
McKinstry
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:51 am

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby kyotebue2 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:45 pm

How I know Trump is in trouble, he is running TV ads in Oklahoma right now. If he has to spend money on ads here how badly is he doing in the swing states?
kyotebue2
 
Posts: 7204
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:31 pm
Location: The Oklahoma Dust Bowl.

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Voice From Limbo » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:11 am

To the "Hillary wouldn't do it" list, I'll add disbanding the pandemic response team.
Voice From Limbo
 
Posts: 2972
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:04 pm

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Voice From Limbo » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:10 am

Someone in the White House must have decided playing golf right after John Lewis died wasn't the best look, hence a belated tweet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTr ... 6389955585

Trying to determine who writes his tweets is a fun game. Misspellings are usually a giveaway, as is the use of multisyllabic words. Poor grammar is another, although confusion over objective/subjective cases among his aides wouldn't surprise me.

A tossup this time.
Voice From Limbo
 
Posts: 2972
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:04 pm

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:20 pm

Macunaima wrote:
Straw man is still straw man, John.

So says the King of Straw-men...
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
User avatar
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco
 
Posts: 3615
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 68 guests