State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby gustav » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:58 am

Voice From Limbo wrote:"He is opposed to all abortion, even in the case of rape, incest, or danger to the mother."

What a swell guy.

Yet more Seppo fucking irony.
Bet - just bet, most pro-lifers (stupid term, I think almost all of us are pro life) are in favour of the death penalty.
Regardless of "miscarriages of justice."
gustav

Postby kyotebue2 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:35 pm

Trump again defends Jim Crow statues and ignores the COVID-19 pandemic.
kyotebue2

Postby Macunaima » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:40 pm

Pretty clear now that his only chance of winning is to double down on teh stoopid, whip all the fringe groups into a frenzy, try to discourage the mainstream (left or right) from voting at all, and hope that gerrymandering works its magic.
Macunaima

Postby gustav » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:32 am

Think though, that may be, just may be the Russian facebook spambot frenzy will not be as effective this time.
biden = pedo
biden = dementia
are the favourite Trumpists attack social media posts de jour but I think they are not cutting through because we all know Trump in fact meets both criteria in reality.

At moment they do not have much else. Bit hard to use Ukraine given impeachement etc etc.
gustav

Postby Il Segaiolo Magnifico » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:22 pm

gustav wrote:
Voice From Limbo wrote:"He is opposed to all abortion, even in the case of rape, incest, or danger to the mother."

What a swell guy.

Yet more Seppo fucking irony.
Bet - just bet, most pro-lifers (stupid term, I think almost all of us are pro life) are in favour of the death penalty.
Regardless of "miscarriages of justice."

IIRC, until being co-opted widely by conservatives in the early 80s, pro-life meant something else...

But there's no contradiction between being anti-abortion and pro-death penalty, but it's hypocritical to be pro-life during gestation and then negligent after birth.
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Magnifico

Postby Il Segaiolo Magnifico » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:25 pm

gustav wrote:Think though, that may be, just may be the Russian facebook spambot frenzy will not be as effective this time.
biden = pedo
biden = dementia
are the favourite Trumpists attack social media posts de jour but I think they are not cutting through because we all know Trump in fact meets both criteria in reality.

At moment they do not have much else. Bit hard to use Ukraine given impeachement etc etc.

The Chinese will fill the void...
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Magnifico

Postby Macunaima » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:41 pm

I dunno. If I were Xi, I’d welcome Biden and an end to the trade war. In the worst possible scenario, a party transition now gives them a couple years of chaos in American policy as a new course is charted. They really don’t get anything out of Trump. Which, oddly enough, does not mean that Trump “knows how to deal with the Chinese”. If Trump had been president in 1980, the U.S. would have been rattling its saber at Japan, equally ineffectively.
Macunaima

Postby Il Segaiolo Magnifico » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:55 pm

Macunaima wrote:I dunno. If I were Xi, I’d welcome Biden and an end to the trade war. In the worst possible scenario, a party transition now gives them a couple years of chaos in American policy as a new course is charted. They really don’t get anything out of Trump. Which, oddly enough, does not mean that Trump “knows how to deal with the Chinese”. If Trump had been president in 1980, the U.S. would have been rattling its saber at Japan, equally ineffectively.

I doubt Biden will remain silent over Hong Kong and with the sanctions on individuals, so there will be a different kind of trade war.
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Magnifico

Postby McKinstry » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:03 pm

Most of the governments of the world, friends, enemies or true neutrals value predictability and perceived rationality above all else when dealing with other countries. Trump offers neither predictable nor rational behavior and with the exception of possibly a few nihilists willing to see, or at least risk, their own nations' security in a interdependent world in return for seeing the US continue to self-destruct at the hands of an incompetent dolt of a narcissist, are fairly intensely if quietly rooting for Biden.
McKinstry

Postby kyotebue2 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:50 pm

In a bit of misdirection, Militias showed up at Gettysburg to oppose Antifa's flag burning, they didn't, while Black Armed protesters paraded thru Stone Mountain state park, shouting Where You At!!!
kyotebue2

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot