State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Voice From Limbo » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:36 pm

Or the wags are wogging.
Voice From Limbo

Postby kyotebue2 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:39 pm

Iran told the world it would take a British Ship to use as a bargaining chip to have its ship released. The Horror!!!
kyotebue2

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:24 pm

kyotebue2 wrote:Iran told the world it would take a British Ship to use as a bargaining chip to have its ship released. The Horror!!!

There’s a difference. Brit seizure was due to Iran violations of international sanctions. Four seizures, not all UK, were all illegally seized in international waters.

Postby kyotebue2 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:37 pm

The Horror!!!!
kyotebue2

Postby kyotebue2 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:01 am

Trump calls racist followers Incredible Patriots. Everyone else calls them racist assholes.
kyotebue2

Postby Wrong again JJ » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:14 am

Guest wrote:
kyotebue2 wrote:Iran told the world it would take a British Ship to use as a bargaining chip to have its ship released. The Horror!!!

There’s a difference. Brit seizure was due to Iran violations of international sanctions. Four seizures, not all UK, were all illegally seized in international waters.

The EU sanctions only apply to EU members.

"EU restrictive measures apply in situations where links exist with the European Union (“EU”). The application of the Regulation is defined in Article 35 of the Regulation. It applies:

(a) within the territory of the Union, including its airspace;
(b) on board any aircraft or any vessel under the jurisdiction of a Member State;
(c) to any person inside or outside the territory of the Union who is a national of a Member State;
(d) to any legal person, entity or body which is incorporated or constituted under the law of a Member State;
(e) to any legal person, entity or body in respect of any business done in whole or in part within the Union."

https://ec.europa.eu/fpi/sites/fpi/file ... ean_en.pdf

the Foreign Office reasoned that it had a legal and moral duty to impound any ship that was heading to Syria in breach of EU sanctions

John Bolton welcomed the seizure of the ship. “Excellent news: UK has detained the supertanker Grace I laden with Iranian oil bound for Syria in violation of EU sanctions,

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... -sanctions

A second tanker, the Mesdar, which is Liberian-flagged but British operated, also made a sudden diversion from its course towards the Saudi port of Ras Tanura on Friday, and tracking data showed it moving northwards towards the Iranian coast before apparently turning off its tracking signal
Wrong again JJ

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:22 pm

What I posted and what you posted:

the Foreign Office reasoned that it had a legal and moral duty to impound any ship that was heading to Syria in breach of EU sanctions

are not in conflict.

The other vessel turning off its tracking signal and changing course towards Iran is what they are made to do when seized. Or do you think they just wanted to go sightseeing for the fun of it?

Postby Condottiero » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:47 pm

Iraqi refugee Nadia Murad to Trump: ISIS killed family. Trump responds: 'Where are they now?'

"Today you can solve our problem. Now there is no ISIS but we cannot go back because Kurdish government and the Iraqi government, they are fighting each other (over) who will control my area," Murad explained. "And we cannot go back if we cannot protect our dignity, our families."

"But ISIS is gone," Trump replied. Then the president clarified that he now understands it's the Kurdish and Iraqi governments that are the issue.

She also explained how she and 95,000 other Yazidis became refugees due to the area still being in turmoil despite ISIS being gone.

"They emigrated to Germany through a very dangerous way. Not because we want to be a refugees, but we cannot find a safe place to live," she said. Her comments come as Trump is trying to limit the number of migrants coming to the United States, mostly from Central America. Many migrants from Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras are fleeing economic poverty and gang violence.

Murad also explained how the terrorist group also killed her mother and six brothers.

"All this happened to me. They killed my mom, my six brothers. They left behind them," Murad said.

"Where are they now?" Trump asked.

"They killed them," Murad quickly replied. "They are in the mass grave in Sinjar, and I'm still fighting just to live in safe. Please do something."

"I know the area very well," Trump replied. "I'm going to look into it very strongly."

Trump also noted that Murad received a Nobel Prize, but asked her to explain why she had been given the prestigious international award.

"For, after all this happened to me, I didn't give up," she said. "I made it clear to everyone that ISIS raped thousands of Yazidi women. This was the first time a woman from Iraq she get out, and she spoke about what happened."

"Oh really, is that right?" Trump replied. "So you escaped?"

"I escaped, but I don't have my freedom yet," she replied. Murad added that about 3,000 Yazidi women and children that were being held by ISIS are still missing, which include her niece, nephew and sister-in-law.

"Let me look, we'll look," Trump said.

Brokahontas the Orange Julius' interest was piqued over the Nobel Prize...
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Condottiero

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:40 pm

Trying too hard. Already said he’d be looking into it strongly. Asking her what he may have already been briefed on gives her a platform. At worst he’s making conversation.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Postby Voice From Limbo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:43 pm

And sometimes a moron is just a moron.

Let's go to the tape:

https://youtu.be/xYUW-1Wg2xs
Voice From Limbo

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot