State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Macunaima » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:45 pm

Did he throw his favorite golf club into the Potomac before leaving Washington? Someone should do a painting of that.
Macunaima

Postby Jakar Nilson » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:22 pm

Macunaima wrote:Did he throw his favorite golf club into the Potomac before leaving Washington? Someone should do a painting of that.

I'm sure Ben Garrisson could do a "heroic" version of it, but he seems too keen these days of latching onto the reddit short stocks, even though its the complete opposite of his faux-populism.
"There are those that claim that war is all glory, but I can tell you it is all hell." -William Tecumseh Sherman

http://dp9forum.com/aurora/ Read Alfie's Tenners, every second month in Aurora magazine!
Jakar Nilson
Associate Member

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:27 am

Pentagon clears out advisory boards, citing concerns over last-minute Trump picks: The move affects both Trump loyalists and others named by earlier administrations.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin has dismissed every member of the Pentagon’s advisory boards in a sweeping move fueled by concern that the Trump administration had rushed through a series of last-minute appointments, Pentagon officials said Tuesday.

The move affects several hundred board members who sit on about 40 advisory boards, including dozens of people who had been named to the posts in the closing days of former President Donald Trump’s tenure.

Among those dismissed are highly partisan figures such as Corey Lewandowski, Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign manager, David Bossie, a former Trump deputy campaign manager, former Republican House speaker Newt Gingrich and retired Brig. Gen. Anthony Tata. But instead of singling out Trump appointees, the move applies to all board members, including those appointed before the Trump presidency.

“I am directing the immediate suspension of all advisory committee operations until the review is completed unless otherwise directed by myself or the deputy secretary of defense,” Austin said in a memo released Tuesday.

Someone will probably bitch about this on Faux News or on one of the other upstarts...

If only someone could do this with the USPS.
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:24 pm

Canada labels the Proud Boys as a terrorist group...
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby kyotebue2 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:19 pm

The GOP V the GQP.
kyotebue2

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:57 am

Il Segaiolo Pedantesco wrote:Canada labels the Proud Boys as a terrorist group...

What, exactly, the fuck is going on in America?
You do seem on the brink of something.
Don't get me wrong, there are cunts in all nation's politics. But how does someone like Marjorie Taylor Greene get listened to, let alone actually elected? Yeah yeah yeah, we have cunts like Nigel Farage - and he managed to con a slice of the nation into Brexit. But he's never really been respected by many and never won a seat in parliament (except, ironically, in the EU). People like Greene are in a whole different league.
It may be, of course, that we hear about the likes of her because she's so extreme and makes good news over here. In reality, in the US, she could be seen as an anomaly and a marginal figure, and over here we get a distorted view. I could imagine that would be the case.
But we hear so much about the likes of her and others that I get the feeling the US is really undergoing a serious crisis. It's always been a very conservative country, but it seems like ultra-conservatives/ultra right-wing politics is stronger than it's ever been. And there's a LOT of actual violence under-pining it. Which is a whole new ball game.
What the fuck is going on? You really do come across as being on the brink of turning into a theocracy, just like all those countries your nation has labelled 'terrorist states', and you've lost all credibility due to it.
I don't see you getting out of it any time soon and unless you do something about it you could slip even further down that greasy pole. Maybe it's just the natural progression of what has always been a fearful and conservative nation, and the only way out of it is to experience it?
Best of luck with that.

Postby Macunaima » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:14 am

Funny.

I recall back in 2015 or 2016 saying that the Christian right wing in the Americas was far more terrifying to me than any batch of Islamic jihadis and I recall you thinking I was totally out of line at the time to say that, Bill.

This is the stochastic terrorism I have been on about. This is what is going to kill a lot of people in the Americas, not “jihadis” and certainly not “death squads”. Glad to see you’ve finally twigged to what is going on over here. Might I remind you that your PM was more than happy to try to shelter under Trump’s wing, btw?

In this new world order, what will be left of Britain is very likely to become an American colony.

Have fun! At least you’ll be safe from the scary French and Muslims!
Macunaima

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:43 am

:roll:
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:19 am

Macunaima wrote:A highly strung response

Eh?
Is it time for your medication, Mac?

Postby Ssanemax » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:52 am

Macunaima wrote: Bizarre response

so... you think he is both Bill, and yet also British, and that this is the sort of thing Bill would say?

No more Coffee for table 3.
Ssanemax

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot