So this EU thing

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: So this EU thing

Postby Bronshtein » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:22 pm

EU starts legal action against UK for de Pfeffel being an arse. (and breaking an international treaty)
Open and shut case I would have thought.

Bill Cash says it's all okay and the EU's fault.

Lord Sumption says it's a cack handed negotiating tactic, a national humiliation, and making a treaty and six months later breaking it reflects on the quality of government.

Trade negotiations continue though - so just a load of posturing - quite fun though to realise Bill Cash can plumb new depths of idiocy even in relation to his own past performance.
Bronshtein

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:34 pm

Bronshtein wrote:I'm British.
Welsh, English, Scottish family, many of whom came originally from Germany, Poland and France that I know of, Jews, mostly assimilated, married a Northern Irish woman, kids born in N Ireland and Wales. I want us all to love each other, embrace our individual unique languages and cultures and welcome new blood to our mongrel breed from anywhere and everywhere in the world.

No, you're right. I've got some work to do on this assimilation thing haven't I?

I can't believe someone was dumb enough to respond to Condi's blatant piece of baiting...

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:42 pm

Guest wrote:
Welsh, English, Scottish family, many of whom came originally from Germany, Poland and France that I know of, Jews, mostly assimilated, married a Northern Irish woman, kids born in N Ireland and Wales. I want us all to love each other, embrace our individual unique languages and cultures and welcome new blood to our mongrel breed from anywhere and everywhere in the world.

No, you're right. I've got some work to do on this assimilation thing haven't I?

I can't believe someone was dumb enough to respond to Condi's blatant piece of baiting...

What baiting?

I just found it amusing that some idiot would have issue with being British...

...okay there are some who dislike being called British, 'cause they consider it being the same as being called English. :roll:

Cheapliteraturesmith is probably one of those wokie bastards who voted for Brexit.
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:44 pm

So what's your plan? Starting a secret family in the next county? :lol:
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Bronshtein » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:16 pm

Strange comment. :?
Bronshtein

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:35 pm

Bronshtein wrote:Strange comment. :?

Your response was rather unexpected and confusing too...
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Bronshtein » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:23 pm

It's nice to know we can still surprise each other after all these years.
Bronshtein

Postby Bollocks to Brexit » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:02 pm

Il Segaiolo Pedantesco wrote:
Guest wrote:

What baiting?

I just found it amusing that some idiot would have issue with being British...

...okay there are some who dislike being called British, 'cause they consider it being the same as being called English. :roll:

Cheapliteraturesmith is probably one of those wokie bastards who voted for Brexit.

Most people who bang on about being English aren't, or at least they are not the sort of English they think they are.

I am definitely British; even if we just count grandparents, two of mine were German-born Jews, one was born in Scotland and one was born in Ireland to parents who had no connection with Ireland whatever other than being there at the time. I was born on a different continent in a country that no longer exists. Most people regard me as English because I live in England and have what is perceived as being an English accent.

From a completely different perspective, I have friends who are a married couple who were both born in China and are now UK nationals; their daughter, who was born in London while they were still Chinese nationals and is what her parents describe as "Yellow Chinese", regards herself as "English".

Ultimately, all of these labels are meaningless and it is up to each of us to decide how we fit into this wonderfully complicated thing we call the UK. It is no wonder that people from outside the UK cannot figure it out.
Bollocks to Brexit

Postby Bronshtein » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:30 pm

Wot e sed^^^^^ :D
Bronshtein

Postby Macunaima » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:37 am

Yer all a bunch of hobbits. :D
Macunaima

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot