So this EU thing

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: So this EU thing

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:39 am

Bronshtein wrote:Aww. Did the nasty capitalist tell oo a big fib den?
Well suck it up - you don't need to vote for racist loonies because of that.
Where's Uncle Joe when you need him?

Replace the Visegrád 4 with Russia and you'd play apologist... :roll:

Seriously sunshine who were the viable alternatives? The populist governments in Central Europe didn't spring out of nowhere, but are a reaction to the perceived failures of previous administrations.

Bronshtein wrote:Fucking people making the wrong choice eh? Bastards.


Like when Hamas won the 2006 election...

At least Andrzej Duda hasn't yet jailed and/or murdered political rivals yet, like your heroes Chavez and Maduro... :roll:
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
User avatar
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco
 
Posts: 3616
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: So this EU thing

Postby gustav » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:04 am

Yet.
Though it looks like Trump is well on his way down that path.
gustav
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:51 pm

Re: So this EU thing

Postby Macunaima » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:40 am

Condottiero wrote:
Bronshtein wrote:Aww. Did the nasty capitalist tell oo a big fib den?
Well suck it up - you don't need to vote for racist loonies because of that.
Where's Uncle Joe when you need him?

Replace the Visegrád 4 with Russia and you'd play apologist... :roll:

Seriously sunshine who were the viable alternatives? The populist governments in Central Europe didn't spring out of nowhere, but are a reaction to the perceived failures of previous administrations.

Bronshtein wrote:Fucking people making the wrong choice eh? Bastards.


Like when Hamas won the 2006 election...

At least Andrzej Duda hasn't yet jailed and/or murdered political rivals yet, like your heroes Chavez and Maduro... :roll:


Hey, way to pull a rhetorical fast one, Condi! That was clever! I get it! He’s a leftist so he must support Chavez and Maduro who are OF COURSE big leftist stars.

Man, you really have shit for brains, don’t you?That, or the only leftists you have ever met are the Sparts.

Oh, and seeing as how you’re so against wannabe dictators murdering the opposition in Latin America, can we count on you to oppose Bozo?
Macunaima
 
Posts: 6087
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: So this EU thing

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:36 pm

Macunaima wrote:
Condottiero wrote:
Bronshtein wrote:Aww. Did the nasty capitalist tell oo a big fib den?
Well suck it up - you don't need to vote for racist loonies because of that.
Where's Uncle Joe when you need him?

Replace the Visegrád 4 with Russia and you'd play apologist... :roll:

Seriously sunshine who were the viable alternatives? The populist governments in Central Europe didn't spring out of nowhere, but are a reaction to the perceived failures of previous administrations.

Bronshtein wrote:Fucking people making the wrong choice eh? Bastards.


Like when Hamas won the 2006 election...

At least Andrzej Duda hasn't yet jailed and/or murdered political rivals yet, like your heroes Chavez and Maduro... :roll:


Hey, way to pull a rhetorical fast one, Condi! That was clever! I get it! He’s a leftist so he must support Chavez and Maduro who are OF COURSE big leftist stars.

Man, you really have shit for brains, don’t you?That, or the only leftists you have ever met are the Sparts.

Oh, and seeing as how you’re so against wannabe dictators murdering the opposition in Latin America, can we count on you to oppose Bozo?

Similar issues led to the rise of Putin and Brony was in agreement, but since it's not Russia, he suddenly changes his tune - look at his views on Ukraine. Now fuck off back to the Brazil thread...
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
User avatar
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco
 
Posts: 3616
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: So this EU thing

Postby Bronshtein » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:36 pm

Putin came to power because of what the west did under Yeltsin's extended piss up.

The Ukrainian President - Yanukovych not the current amusing comedy turn stooge - was freely elected in a poll certified free and fair by independent observers from the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)

His overthrow by the fascist Svoboda party was orchestrated and bankrolled by the CIA through the National Endowment for Democracy who had pulled Tymoshenko's strings and the previous 'Orange revolution.'

Accepting a trade deal with Russia was too much and so a much more permanent fix was organised.
Hardly surprising Putin said 'Fuck you!'when the west kept attacking and breaking all its promises.

We could have had good relations with a far less aggressive Russia if we hadn't tried to bleed the country dry through support for the thieving bastards who had flooded in under Yeltsin's alcoholic miasma.
User avatar
Bronshtein
 
Posts: 7936
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:53 am
Location: The Promised Land

Re: So this EU thing

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:19 pm

Bronshtein wrote:Putin came to power because of what the west did under Yeltsin's extended piss up.

The Ukrainian President - Yanukovych not the current amusing comedy turn stooge - was freely elected in a poll certified free and fair by independent observers from the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)

His overthrow by the fascist Svoboda party was orchestrated and bankrolled by the CIA through the National Endowment for Democracy who had pulled Tymoshenko's strings and the previous 'Orange revolution.'

Accepting a trade deal with Russia was too much and so a much more permanent fix was organised.
Hardly surprising Putin said 'Fuck you!'when the west kept attacking and breaking all its promises.

We could have had good relations with a far less aggressive Russia if we hadn't tried to bleed the country dry through support for the thieving bastards who had flooded in under Yeltsin's alcoholic miasma.

I brought this up about Russia many moons ago and you and I agreed on it, while Rebelyell was indignantly screaming. The Central European countries are in a similar situation, but you turn a blind eye, ranting about them having a choice.

What's the difference between the elected kleptocrat Yanukovych and kleprocrat Duda other than one being pro-Russian and the other nationalist? Duda is enacting anti-democratic laws, but Yanukovych got people killed, while enacting anti-democratic legislation, and denying any involvement.
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
User avatar
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco
 
Posts: 3616
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: So this EU thing

Postby Macunaima » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:40 pm

Condi, if this is the Euro thread, why are you bringing up Venezuela and then getting pissy when I call you on your faux concern for us here in “shithole country” land?

Less hypocrisy, please. I mean, assuming that Republicans are even aware of the concept any more. It’s amazing how fast you fucks have lost whatever little respect for the values you supposedly once stood for.
Macunaima
 
Posts: 6087
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: So this EU thing

Postby Hermit » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:42 pm

Bronshtein wrote:We could have had good relations with a far less aggressive Russia if we hadn't tried to bleed the country dry through support for the thieving bastards who had flooded in under Yeltsin's alcoholic miasma.


It was tried, even turning a blind eye to Putin's nasty little deeds, but businesses who tried to invest in Russia were met with a wall of criminality. It was Putin and his oligarch mafia crew who turned it all to shite, robbing Russians of all their resources and then spending it in the west, giving their own families opportunities that ordinary Russians can never dream of.

In the end, faced with all the bullshit from Putin, I think the west just thought "fuck it" and let them launder their dirty money. No wonder they chose to ignore Russian interference.
User avatar
Hermit
 
Posts: 1956
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: So this EU thing

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:45 am

Hermit wrote:
Bronshtein wrote:We could have had good relations with a far less aggressive Russia if we hadn't tried to bleed the country dry through support for the thieving bastards who had flooded in under Yeltsin's alcoholic miasma.


It was tried, even turning a blind eye to Putin's nasty little deeds, but businesses who tried to invest in Russia were met with a wall of criminality. It was Putin and his oligarch mafia crew who turned it all to shite, robbing Russians of all their resources and then spending it in the west, giving their own families opportunities that ordinary Russians can never dream of.

In the end, faced with all the bullshit from Putin, I think the west just thought "fuck it" and let them launder their dirty money. No wonder they chose to ignore Russian interference.

Don't forget the Russian apartment bombings...

Brony loves his strongmen, just like Trump!
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
User avatar
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco
 
Posts: 3616
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: So this EU thing

Postby Bronshtein » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:33 am

Hermit wrote:
Bronshtein wrote:We could have had good relations with a far less aggressive Russia if we hadn't tried to bleed the country dry through support for the thieving bastards who had flooded in under Yeltsin's alcoholic miasma.


It was tried, even turning a blind eye to Putin's nasty little deeds, but businesses who tried to invest in Russia were met with a wall of criminality. It was Putin and his oligarch mafia crew who turned it all to shite, robbing Russians of all their resources and then spending it in the west, giving their own families opportunities that ordinary Russians can never dream of.

In the end, faced with all the bullshit from Putin, I think the west just thought "fuck it" and let them launder their dirty money. No wonder they chose to ignore Russian interference.

No.
Your timelines are fucked.
The Oligarchs were set up and screwing the Russian people within months of Yeltsin taking power.

Yeltsin let gangster capitalism loose on the Mujiks way before Putin got a sniff of the Kremlin.
Western companies piled in right after the fall of the USSR and found the people who knew how to short circuit the nascent democracy and fleece the Russians.

Putin came along - as a successor for Yeltsin for the Oligarchs. Trouble was he wanted Russia to be great not just the oligarchs. He makes deals with some, but he dealt with a lot more who wouldn't play ball.

He was continually fucked by he west in diplomatic and geopolitical terms - NATO moved east, neutral states were weaned into that organisation which no longer had a real purpose, the Ukraine was being torn away from neutrality to a pro Western anti-Russian stance and subverted.

The National endowment for Democracy was funding hundreds of anti-Putin organisations and organising protests against the Russian government.

When Putin came to power many people in Russia had less access to food than they had under Communism. He turned that around and that's why many people still support him.

Putin may well be a product of Mafia style gangster capitalism but it was the US and Britain and other western companies who taught them how to do it. They thought that a 'bankrupt' former Communist state would be easy meat but they found the former KGB boys were very adept pupils and now who is fucking whom?
User avatar
Bronshtein
 
Posts: 7936
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:53 am
Location: The Promised Land

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests