So this EU thing

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: So this EU thing

Postby Bronshtein » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:00 am

Condottiero wrote:Why is it that no one's making a fuss over Johnson's connections with certain Russians?

In addition to earlier answers - because if we complained too much about Russian influence in London the City would go Tango Uniform and we'd be even more in the financial shit than we are already, but this time it would affect real people (ie George Osborne and pals) as the Oligarchs moved their money to Frankfurt and/or Paris.
Bronshtein

Postby FFS » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:54 pm

Just a reminder.
What kicked off this Bexit stupidity. :?

FFS

Postby Bronshtein » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:46 am

Generally 'follow the money' is the answer to every political 'confusion'.

The tax is no doubt a big part of the current case, but the Tory Party has been a festering pit of civil war about the EU for 30 years.

Cameron miscalculated (probably) and the current direction of EU policy has pushed the leave faction ever onward.

Unfortunately the 1970s Revival Labour Group got control just in time to peddle the idea the EU is a right wing globalist conspiracy (which it may have been c 1966), but compared to being Trump's newest colony the EU looks positively Third International.
Bronshtein

Postby FFS » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:08 pm

Is anyone opening a book on the odds of certain politicians hanging by their heels from lamp posts 6 months after brexit?

Johnson and Gove seem to be obvious but they will blame "foreigners" or flee the country. Perhaps Cameron could stand/hang in for them? :wry:
FFS

Postby Bronshtein » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:32 pm

I think things will get a lot worse before there is a backlash.
Fuck up by 31 October.
General election.
10/1 Farage PM by this time next year?
Bronshtein

Postby Macunaima nli » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:05 pm

That would probably be enough to finally push me over the edge.
Macunaima nli

Postby FFS » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:33 pm

Bookmakers odds on politicians hanging from lamp posts have shortened after this revelation.

Perhaps the presumtive (presumtious?)PM will do a handbrake turn on brexit after his confirmation? :twisted:
FFS

Postby LimeyCunt » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:13 pm

Bronshtein wrote:I think things will get a lot worse before there is a backlash.
Fuck up by 31 October.
General election.
10/1 Farage PM by this time next year?

Boris has basically staked the future of the Conservative Party on Brexit by 31/10. He’s right when he says they’re toast if they don’t deliver that.

Personally I’d be happy to see the Tories implode over Europe, it’s been coming for decades, but not if it lets that incompetent lying cunt Farage and all his useless little minions anywhere near real power.

On this occasion the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, but I’ll live with him for now.
LimeyCunt

Postby heaps of bodies » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:22 pm

Cthulhu wins by landslide

The Political map of Britain was changed forever today, when Conservative members voted overwhelmingly to elect Cthulhu as their new leader and de facto Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.

Political Analyst and applied Demonologist Brian Van Helsing told this jornalist 'It was never going to be close. On the one hand Lord Cthulhu has promised to suck the earth and all of its inhabitants into a dimension of screaming horror, where Mankind will sink into an eternity of madness - dogs will fuck with Cats, humans shall dance in gibbering madness around the bonfires of our paltry civilisation and we will leave the EU with or without a deal on 31st October. On the other hand - Jeremy Hunt.'

Conservative member Sandra Ffffolkes, interviewed for her constituency newsletter echoed the thought of many when she said 'Cthulhu, who I have always loved by the way, is such a character, with his sunken Island Realm and those hilarious tentacles. Hail Cthulhu! Go back where you came from, unless it's rl'yeh, in which case, hail cthulhu!!!'
heaps of bodies

Postby Condottiero » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:13 pm

*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Condottiero

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot