So this EU thing

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: So this EU thing

Postby Macunaima » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:25 pm

Citizen Sade wrote:Or NAFTA given that the Argies would veto us and because we're crap at speaking foreign.

The Argies secretly love you and you know it. There's not a bigger group of Brit worshippers on the planet.
Macunaima

Postby MartinR » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:56 pm

We have to stay in, just because Farage is such an utter dick.
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
MartinR

Postby Citizen Sade » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:26 pm

On that basis, voting to stay in puts you on the same side as elite members of the boss class and Gaia-raping corporations like BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto, BP & Royal Dutch Shell. The same side as misery makers like BAE Systems, BT, Diageo & EasyJet. The same side as Richard Branson, Emma Thompson and Theresa May.
Citizen Sade

Postby Duff » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:28 pm

What's wrong with being on the same side as Emma Thompson? :?
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby --- » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:42 pm

Rather be on top of her :wink:
---
Committee Member

Postby Passer by » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:23 pm

A Welsh friend of mine said that he thought for most people, it's basically a proxy vote on immigration.

Anything to that or is he off his tits?
Better red than dead
Passer by

Postby Macunaima » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:39 pm

Macunaima

Postby Duff » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:41 pm

Passer by wrote:A Welsh friend of mine said that he thought for most people, it's basically a proxy vote on immigration.

Unfortunately there is a lot of truth in that.
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby Hermit » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:54 pm

Ah shit! I thought frothers might have decided to be a referendum free zone :(

The only thing I'm enjoying about this is watching the tories tear into each other. I hope that gets nastier, although Cameron looks to be dodging that, like the fucking coward that he is, by going on another one of his stage-managed pumped-up tours.

Normally, I'd say we should go back to a common market model, but now that this has been put into sharp focus by a referendum, I'll be voting to stay in the EU. As much as I hate Porky Dave, it is better to ignore all the bullshit from the ins and the outs and make your own decision. Although looking at them, you've got a choice between a bunch of cunts with Cameron at the head, or a bunch of rancid cunts with Boris Johnson, Farage and Galloway in them.

Cameron, regardless of his crap about not standing for another term, does have his political neck on the block. If the result is an out, then it risks not only us leaving the EU, but forcing another referendum in Scotland. He doesn't want his legacy to be the man who took us out of the EU and broke up the UK, even though his party would knife him in the back before another Scottish referendum took place. He'd still be responsible for it. He made a big political mistake in trying to woo UKIP voters and giving Farage a platform at the last election. He should've stuck to the "fruitcakes, loons, and closet racists" line. But he lost his nerve.

Boris Johnson is a nasty piece of work and should never be trusted, unless you're one of those that fall for his buffoon act. He's simply an opportunist trying to position himself as best he can for a shot at the leadership. He doesn't give a flying fuck about the EU. He came out with the idea that we sould have a brexit so that the EU would have to arrange itself into something more like the old common market. But that's a massive risk to take, and he really hasn't thought that through. The only way the UK could ever do that is to apply for membership of EFTA. But there's no guarantee they'd let us in that little club. Liechtenstein might veto us! :lol:

Yeah, I didn't realise EFTA was still around either. I first learnt about them at school and believed that they'd merged into the EU decades ago, but it looks like they didn't and are still going: http://www.efta.int/

What a step-down that would be :?
Hermit

Postby Aqqinomu Jack, Eskimo Attorney » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:43 am

Maybe the UK can apply for US statehood, we can call it Airstrip Fun and devote it to a series of theme parks: Disney-on-Avon, Wuthering Fright Flight in IMAX, the Mill on the Floss Waterpark, L'il Dickens' Character Breakfasts. The possibilities are endless.
Aqqinomu Jack, Eskimo Attorney

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot