So this EU thing

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: So this EU thing

Postby ... - - - ... » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:40 pm

ELO Rules! wrote:
... - - - ... wrote:
ELO weren't ...they were just shit..

Fuck you. You're the type of imbecile who thinks Bob Dylan was a genius.

Nice try but wrong:). Dylan is boring and pretentious; sort of like Prog and ELO without the twiddly bits and any of the inadvertent humour.
... - - - ...

Postby Etranger2 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:27 am

Bronshtein wrote:Well to be fair that chart was a tad out of date, after recent cricket and Rugby Union performances you're probably being administered by a Kiwi peacekeeping force but no-one's noticed.

The ADF is already full of kiwis so a few more won't be noticed.
Etranger2

Postby JJCH nli » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:44 am

A long tradition. 'Twas said in the early 60s that Australia had a fine little British Army, fucked up only by the occasional Aussie. Related to me by a Scottish, former member of the ATTV.
JJCH nli

Postby Etranger2 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:48 am

Bronshtein wrote:Maybe The Donald should be investing in a few international sports teams instead of the Military Industrial complex?

His previous adventures in sport were about as successful as you'd imagine https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey_Generals https://www.mensjournal.com/sports/reme ... m-w467688/
Etranger2

Postby Bronshtein » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:38 am

I was thinking sports that other people in the world played - you know so he could increase the 'power' of the old USofA without feathering the nest of various dodgy arms companies and their 3 and 4 star 'advisers'.
Nobody knows (or cares?) how good the NFL (or baseball) (or basketball)franchises are as nobody else bothers with 'em except as kids games.

Save the world, play rugby/football/cricket/athletics/netball.

(Haringey a Superpower though? :? I may have to rethink this whole idea.)
Bronshtein

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:34 am

... - - - ... wrote:
ELO Rules! wrote:
... - - - ... wrote:

Nice try but wrong:). Dylan is boring and pretentious; sort of like Prog and ELO without the twiddly bits and any of the inadvertent humour.

Show us the way then, SOS.
What are your cultural milestones? You seem good at trying to gainsay others but I don't see you daring to make any claims.
Too scared to have an opinion on something you know you are out of your depth on?
Go on, have a quick Google to see what the cool kids of yesteryear were into and what they like now, so you can appear edgy...

Postby ... - - - ... » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:39 am

Guest wrote:
... - - - ... wrote:
ELO Rules! wrote:
... - - - ... wrote:

Show us the way then, SOS.
What are your cultural milestones? You seem good at trying to gainsay others but I don't see you daring to make any claims.
Too scared to have an opinion on something you know you are out of your depth on?
Go on, have a quick Google to see what the cool kids of yesteryear were into and what they like now, so you can appear edgy...

You really are something of a fuckwit, aren’t you? I could almost admire that you try to control the thread. However, I don’t as I understand that you are a sad bastard who is seeking the only form of control that he will ever have in his lonely, basement dwelling life.

I could write about festivals that I have put on, about bands and singers that I have been on tour with, have managed, or produced live albums for, but what would be the point? You will still be sitting in front of your cum stained keyboard wearing your mum’s underwear.
... - - - ...

Postby JJCH nli » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:31 am

I could write about festivals that I have put on, about bands and singers that I have been on tour with, have managed, or produced live albums for, but what would be the point? You will still be sitting in front of your cum stained keyboard wearing your mum’s underwear.

You are Les McQueen and I claim the £50 prize.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phkpLJXuHZA

Still got anybof those demo tapes Les?
JJCH nli

Postby ... - - - ... » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:53 am

JJCH nli wrote:

You are Les McQueen and I claim the £50 prize.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phkpLJXuHZA

Still got anybof those demo tapes Les?

There is a lot of truth about many failed or former musicians in that. Fortunately, I am not a musician and now only keep a toehold in the industry looking after the interests of one band and doing live recording work for others.

Some of the time it is a shit business; some of the time it is great.

Bands 'stealing' their own merchandise income so that they do not have to pay people their share of it, bands 'stealing' their own gear so that they can claim on insurance, people quitting the band 30 minutes before going onstage in front of 10,000 bikers, promoters trying to do a runner with the money, having a lifetime ban from Glastonbury. Oh the fun!
... - - - ...

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:35 pm

... - - - ... wrote:I could write about festivals that I have put on, about bands and singers that I have been on tour with, have managed, or produced live albums for, but what would be the point?

Because it would be a load of bullshit?

Go on. Name names. Tell us about the festivals you've put on, tell us the albums you've produced.

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot