So this EU thing

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: So this EU thing

Postby heaps of bodies » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:28 pm

I am coming to believe May is actually playing a blinder here. She cannot be this fuckwittedly dumb and this stubborn and have been allowed to leave home.

we will, with the exception of the 2% who actually ever gave a fuck about the issue before it was dog-whistled by Farrage into being about 'Brown People' be so fucking SICK of hearing about it, so embarrassed at the parade of cluelessness on display by elected Politicians of all parties, so utterly bored with the whole thing that when suddenly it stops being mentioned we will all go 'Thank Fuck' and agree to never mention it again, and we can burble on as before.

It will be a bit like Berwick on Tweed. Sure, it's still Legally at war with Russia, but as long as no -one mentions it, it will all be fine.
heaps of bodies

Postby Macunaima nli » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:29 pm

JJCH nli wrote:Anyone who can rate Argentina above Indonesia must be using some fucking odd metrics.

Still, I’ve just been exposed to a program on Radio National that was trying to convince its audience that prog rock wasn’t a load of utter shite and that Emerson Lake and Palmer weren’t a bunch of pretentious fucking wankers. My scepticism levels are already peaking in the red.

C’mon. You know prof rock is considered the height of intellectual music down here.
Macunaima nli

Postby Macunaima nli » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:33 pm

heaps of bodies wrote:I didnt dwell on the detail, but is that chart suggesting that if the UK allied with Australia we could Kick the US's arse?

Great Chart!

Bring Back the Empire! God save the Queen!

Fuck that. Apparently, Brazil and Argentina can thrash the fuck out of China without even involving the rest of Mercosul! Pity Bozo will cost us our allies there.
Macunaima nli

Postby Bronshtein » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:52 pm

Given the state of your football teams these days I am surprised you and Argentina could whup Iceland. (Country or Supermarket - you choose).
Bronshtein

Postby Macunaima nli » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:20 pm

Bronshtein wrote:Given the state of your football teams these days I am surprised you and Argentina could whup Iceland. (Country or Supermarket - you choose).

Maybe the metric is past World Cup victories?
Macunaima nli

Postby Bronshtein » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:40 pm

Yup, as I posted earlier from the source article, the ranking is derived:
from the capacity of each major power’s projection forces to the scale of its sporting prowess

So fuck the nukes and the tanks, how's your water polo team?
Bronshtein

Postby Cuntz » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:50 pm

Bronshtein wrote:Yup, as I posted earlier from the source article, the ranking is derived:
from the capacity of each major power’s projection forces to the scale of its sporting prowess

So fuck the nukes and the tanks, how's your water polo team?

An argument can probably be made that nowadays, unless you are actively bombing someone, your nation probably does win more influence from its hockey players and pop bands than it's tanks.
Cuntz

Postby Bronshtein » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:42 pm

Maybe The Donald should be investing in a few international sports teams instead of the Military Industrial complex?
Bronshtein

Postby JJCH nli » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:44 pm

Bronshtein wrote:Leaving aside banned weaponry, (Prog Rock) the ranking system for the list of 'major powers' may have the odd flaw -

It includes a broad spectrum of capabilities, across several areas of national capacity, from the capacity of each major power’s projection forces to the scale of its sporting prowess (it does not only measure “soft power”, or global presence, etc.)

So England got to the semi finals of the Association Football World Cup whereas the PRC haven't qualified for the finals tournament since 2002 (their only appearance) so England are MUCH more powerful than China (in kicking a plastic simulacrum of a pig's bladder about a bit of grass, real of artificial).

Likewise the USA barely figures in international sporting prowess, one wonders how they can rank so high? After all:

It is not necessarily a ranking of countries’ warfighting capacity, even assuming that the major powers – especially those armed with nuclear weapons – could engage and prevail in such conflict. Rather, the Audit assumes prevailing geopolitical circumstances, where the major powers compete for influence in the “grey zone” between “peace” and “war”

Harry Kane is Britain's (England's and therefore Britain's) Weapon of Mass Destruction!

This still leaves England as a third rate world power, well behind Brazil (five world cups) and a list of also rans like Germany, Italy, Uruguay (hooray for Fray Bentos) even Argentina.

Alas cricket and rugger don’t help but at least Australia has sunk to its rightful place in recent times, capable of just about knocking off Afghanistan or possibly Bangladesh on the right day.

Now in more normal and gentler times, I would not object to Brazil being the world’s dominant super power but under current management.....

What you are really trying to say is that Haringey is a superpower. Fond as I am of the team, not sure I would choose to live there.
JJCH nli

Postby ELO Rules! » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:19 pm

... - - - ... wrote:
ELO weren't ...they were just shit..

Fuck you. You're the type of imbecile who thinks Bob Dylan was a genius.
ELO Rules!

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot