So this EU thing

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: So this EU thing

Postby FFS » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:46 pm

Have you applied for your Norn Irn passport yet, Bronny?

Passport Applications received from Northern Ireland:

The number of Irish passports issued in Northern Ireland:

2014: 46,944

2015: 52,861

2016: 65,716

2017: 77,160

242,681 NI / UK citizens have acquired dual Irish/EU British nationality in the past 4 years.

Indeed Ian Paisley Junior urged his fellow Brits to apply for Irish passports for that same ‘best of both worlds’ reason.
The citizens of the North of Ireland have an escape clause.

The 1 1/2 million citizens of the North of Ireland can hold dual UK/EU Nationality by right.

Pity I don't have a Irish granny. :cry:
FFS

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:02 pm

Does this look larger or smaller than the "biggest inauguration ever":
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45925542

or just bigger than 1,200 people in Harrogate:
https://news.sky.com/story/live-brexit- ... e-11530243

Postby Bronshtein » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:33 pm

My wife, daughter and son have their application forms for Irish passports awaiting processing as we speak.

For some arcane reason - fucking Peace Process - I don't get to be Irish, despite living in NornIron for nearly nine years, marrying a NornIrish person and speaking at least 20 words of Gaelic.

I'm going to be in a 51st State holding camp while they live the life of Reilly in Europe.

Israel or bust mate, its my only hope.
Bronshtein

Postby T'be shure » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:49 pm

Bronshtein wrote:My wife, daughter and son have their application forms for Irish passports awaiting processing as we speak.

For some arcane reason - fucking Peace Process - I don't get to be Irish, despite living in NornIron for nearly nine years, marrying a NornIrish person and speaking at least 20 words of Gaelic.

I'm going to be in a 51st State holding camp while they live the life of Reilly in Europe.

Israel or bust mate, its my only hope.

Marrying a Norn Iron won't get you an Irish Republic passport you fucking dipstick. :roll:

Fortunately for me, my paternal grandparents came from County Laois, and I have dual nationality. The downside is Irish property prices are shooting up...
T'be shure

Postby Bronshtein » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:03 pm

T'be shure wrote:

Marrying a Norn Iron won't get you an Irish Republic passport you fucking dipstick. :roll:

That's what I just said you fucking pissed up Irish twat. God I love you! :D

It would have before the fucking Peace Process.
Everyone born on the Island of Ireland is an Irish Citizen and before 2005 I could have acquired citizenship through marriage by registering, but for some strange fucking reason I never bothered (and my then employers may have had the odd objection!) so now I'm stuck with British or Israeli, fucking bastard sellout Adams!
Bronshtein

Postby Kernely McKernelface II » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:04 pm

So apparently the Russkies did Brexit too now:

[url]https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/nov/04/arron-banks-questions-arising-from-brexit-backers-answers
[/url]
Kernely McKernelface II

Postby ... - - - ... » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:25 pm

I have been granted German citizenship; it is not a particularly straightforward process.
... - - - ...

Postby Macunaima nli » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:59 pm

... - - - ... wrote:

I have been granted German citizenship; it is not a particularly straightforward process.

None of them are. Brazil’s rules change regularly, without warning, even though the actual law hasn’t moved one iota in a half century.
Macunaima nli

Postby ... - - - ... » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:41 am

Macunaima nli wrote:
... - - - ... wrote:

None of them are. Brazil’s rules change regularly, without warning, even though the actual law hasn’t moved one iota in a half century.

For descendants of those who lost their citizenship due to Nazi persecution, it is supposed to be a simple process; however, the process takes note of previous German laws about inheritance of nationality only being through the paternal line, thus complicating the process for many.
... - - - ...

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot