So this EU thing

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: So this EU thing

Postby kawasaki » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:26 pm

It would be interesting to know the volume of international business these small companies actually do.

And if the possibility of a few suppliers of wargames stuff going tits up is a compelling reason for staying in.
The Cardinal of Cunt

I have never heard of Frothers Unite- UK!

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=201399
kawasaki

Postby Ajsalium » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:29 pm

kawasaki wrote:
Dags wrote:Leaving will seriously hurt small businesses that sell mostly online and have a European customer base - like most gaming companies. Which means prices will have to go up and some simply won't survive.

Why will leaving negatively impact small businesses/online sellers?

Cos if I have to pay import taxes, there's no fucking way I'm buying from the UK; the same I don't buy from the USA for the same reason.

---------------------------------------------------

Duff wrote:
Tony Benn wrote:I took the view that having fought [Europeans in the Second World War] that we should now work with them, and co-operate, and that was my first thought about it. Then how I saw how the European Union was developing, it was very obvious that what they had in mind was not democratic. ... And the way that Europe has developed is that the bankers and the multinational corporations have got very powerful positions, and if you come in on their terms, they will tell you what you can and cannot do. And that is unacceptable. My view about the European Union has always been not that I am hostile to foreigners, but that I am in favour of democracy ... I think they're building an empire there, they want us to be a part of their empire and I don't want that

I would much prefer for the EU to radically reform and for the UK to stay in. But since there is zero chance any meaningful reform taking place, I am starting to seriously think that leaving would be the lesser evil.

Cos, obviously, in the UK the London City has no say in british politics, no sir, honest. 0;)
My fucking blog
Updated Jan 21st
Ajsalium

Postby --- » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:36 pm

@Kawasaki... roughly 50% of our online sales
---
Committee Member

Postby Duff » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:46 pm

Ajsalium wrote:
kawasaki wrote:
Dags wrote:Leaving will seriously hurt small businesses that sell mostly online and have a European customer base - like most gaming companies. Which means prices will have to go up and some simply won't survive.

Why will leaving negatively impact small businesses/online sellers?

Cos if I have to pay import taxes, there's no fucking way I'm buying from the UK; the same I don't buy from the USA for the same reason.

---------------------------------------------------

Duff wrote:
Tony Benn wrote:I took the view that having fought [Europeans in the Second World War] that we should now work with them, and co-operate, and that was my first thought about it. Then how I saw how the European Union was developing, it was very obvious that what they had in mind was not democratic. ... And the way that Europe has developed is that the bankers and the multinational corporations have got very powerful positions, and if you come in on their terms, they will tell you what you can and cannot do. And that is unacceptable. My view about the European Union has always been not that I am hostile to foreigners, but that I am in favour of democracy ... I think they're building an empire there, they want us to be a part of their empire and I don't want that

I would much prefer for the EU to radically reform and for the UK to stay in. But since there is zero chance any meaningful reform taking place, I am starting to seriously think that leaving would be the lesser evil.

Cos, obviously, in the UK the London City has no say in british politics, no sir, honest. 0;)

Yes, it does, and it is mostly for staying in the EU. The City is the financial hub of Europe, that will probably change if we leave, so I have absolutely no fucking idea what point you are trying to make here. :roll:
Last edited by Duff on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby kawasaki » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:47 pm

Dags wrote:@Kawasaki... roughly 50% of our online sales

I wonder how much that would drop off after a Brexit? Not that I think you have to worry, it won't happen.
The Cardinal of Cunt

kawasaki

Postby Ace From Outer Space » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:47 am

No brainer. Better in Europe, without a doubt.
Ace From Outer Space

Postby An Absent Humphrey » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:06 am

kawasaki wrote:You lefties must be tearing yourselves apart trying to figure out which Conservatives you hate most, the Brexits or the stay ins.

:D

Yup, it's a right old doozy, isn't it.
On the one hand you can vote to stay in, but that means agreeing with Cameron. On the other hand you can vote out, but that means agreeing with Farage.
Fucked if I'd want to be on either of those sides.

Push comes to shove, though, I think we're better off staying in.
An Absent Humphrey

Postby Bronshtein » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:37 am

No doozy.
I'm going to walk into the booth and vote 'stay', but in my head I won't be voting for Cameron's 'renegotiated' sop to the little Englander xenophobe engineered rumpus.
I'll be voting for a chance to stay close to the centre of European power and eventually rejoin ever closer political union and a shared vision of cultural and social integration.
Bronshtein

Postby kawasaki » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:53 am

As a pragmatist, I think we should stay. I don't believe that it's entirely in our best interests, but it's probably the lesser of two evils.

As a romantic, I say fuck 'em.
The Cardinal of Cunt

kawasaki

Postby Clayface » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:59 am

The whole thing means sweet fuck-all to your average voter. It's only really the Political Establishment and the media who could give two fucks. It's the reason Nige was able to turn UKIP from a trivial party into an important one - by spotting most people couldn't care less about european sovereignty but DO care about BROWWWWWWWWWN PEOPLE MOVING NEXT DOOOOOOOOR.

Me, i don't care if the self-serving cunts who pretend to pay attention to our wishes speak with a London Accent or a Parisian one. If I had to choose I would stay in, just so I can look forward to the Conservatives gutting each other again in another twenty years.
Clayface

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot