Are You A Goth

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Are You A Goth

Postby An Absent Humphrey » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:15 pm

An Absent Humphrey

Re: Are You A Goth

Postby Norton C Wongpower » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:34 pm

I answered as me now and got 32%
Then I answered as me at 18 and got 80% but then I was one then.... :loopy:
Norton C Wongpower

Postby Duff » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:48 pm

I'm horrified to get 24%, and I only scored that because I own a pair of combat boots (from when I used to paintball a fair bit), have read Anne Rice and Bram Stoker over the years and quite enjoyed Near Dark and Buffy. I fail to see how enjoying the music of Siouxsie Sioux or Fat Bob has anything to do with Goth (hardly Fields of the Nephilim fer heavens sake), though deriving pleasure from The Sisters of Mercy (which I don't) is a guaranteed sign I suppose.
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby An Absent Humphrey » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:57 pm

Duff wrote:when I used to paintball a fair bit

When were you playing? We did a lot in the very early 90s, just as semi-autos were coming in. I had a Golden Eagle and it shot like an absolute demon! But once everyone else had semis...well, it lost a bit of fun.

Duff wrote:Fields of the Nephilim fer heavens sake

I used to love the Nephilim. Bit of a wincer now, when I look at pictures of them covered in flour to look more ashen, but at the time...What I only discovered recently was that they were from Sheffield, or somewhere like that. I saw an old interview with them and to see them dressed up in all their dusty, goth cowboy, finery, speaking with broad northshire accents...too funny.
An Absent Humphrey

Postby General Paranoia » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:59 pm

Duff wrote:I'm horrified to get 24%, and I only scored that because I own a pair of combat boots (from when I used to paintball a fair bit), have read Anne Rice and Bram Stoker over the years and quite enjoyed Near Dark and Buffy. I fail to see how enjoying the music of Siouxsie Sioux or Fat Bob has anything to do with Goth (hardly Fields of the Nephilim fer heavens sake), though deriving pleasure from The Sisters of Mercy (which I don't) is a guaranteed sign I suppose.

I also scored 24% which I fear is inevitably the lowest you can score unless you have had zero contact with the civilized world for the past 40 years.
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
General Paranoia

Postby Ajsalium » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:01 pm

I got 16%, so that means I'm a honest citizen, and not one of those goth hippies.
I didn't select the combat boots thing even though I own three or four pairs of them because they're from work (policeman).

Clicking on other quizes, I've "discovered" that I'm a geek (go figure), and more specifically an academic geek (I guess my degree in Philosophy may have had something to do with that).
My fucking blog
Updated Jan 21st
Ajsalium

Postby Duff » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:08 pm

Stormtrooper Humphrey wrote:
Duff wrote:when I used to paintball a fair bit

When were you playing? We did a lot in the very early 90s, just as semi-autos were coming in. I had a Golden Eagle and it shot like an absolute demon! But once everyone else had semis...well, it lost a bit of fun.

Started in the mid 80s, at a place in Essex. Single paint pellet in a plastic tube you have to put on the end of a cocked air rifle. Upwards of 60 a side, with the whole site being a single game area, just two bases, you swapped ends after lunch. Sorry to sound like an old grognard, but it was still the best paintballing I've ever done. Only a day spent playing at Greenham Common airbase (among the old barrack buildings) and an indoor place at The Angel that I can't remember the name of (old roofed over Victorian warehouses, always had a video of Bad taste playing in the dead zone) have come close, and they were in the late 80s and early 90s. Semi autos, walk ons and tiny playing areas ruined it for me.
Last edited by Duff on Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
broney wrote:You weren't there man! How many stiles are there on the Offa's Dyke Walk? You don't know Man!

Duff
Associate Member

Postby geronimo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:10 pm

12%, and I'm putting that down to inevitable crossovers.
...I've heard things about people from other people about certain people to back that up (c) Andrew May

geronimo
Associate Member

Postby Duff » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:13 pm

Doesn't your hair and tats give you an automatic +20% before you even start? Sorry, but I absolutely will not have you getting a lower score on a Goth test than me. :argue:

Duff
Associate Member

Postby General Paranoia » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:18 pm

Duff wrote:Doesn't your hair and tats give you an automatic +20% before you even start? Sorry, but I absolutely will not have you getting a lower score on a Goth test than me. :argue:

It's OK, he left off the last 0

It was also your knowledge of Roman history that fucked you up
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
General Paranoia

Next

Return to The Froth Pot