The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Macunaima » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:34 pm

Ssanemax wrote:
frotherPest wrote:
We also know about this thing called “Scrib” and other on-line libraries.


Wasn’t Scribd the site that also has loads of pirated miniatures gaming rules?

Is there anything you actually buy in the hobby?


He's an academic. Poets are the unacknowledged educators of the world. Professors the acknowledged tight-wads of the Universe. I vet he drives a 2CV he got free from a relative.


You’d lose that bet. I never drive. Never learned how, Mr. Jens Voight. :)

And yes, I am a tightwad. It’s one of the reasons I play skirmish in 15mm and mass battles in 3mm.

I was very lucky to get into gaming before Games Workshop existed, with its store managers trying to push plastic crack on unsuspecting kiddies. So I learned how to make terrain, paint, and construct armies our of odds and sods I actually liked rather than whatever Nottingham was shoving out the door that month.

If you could afford the “Games Workshop Hobby”, good on you, Pat. But something tells me you really couldn’t.
Macunaima
 
Posts: 6144
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Macunaima » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:37 pm

Picador wrote:He's also very inattentive to typographical errors in his posts, unlike the academics (lecturers actually, it's what he is) I knew who would mark down papers for typos.

:)


Yes, because this is a peer-reviewed publication instead of a few minutes farting around on my iPad between classes and committee meetings. :roll:
Macunaima
 
Posts: 6144
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Macunaima » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:39 pm

Il Segaiolo Pedantesco wrote:Hoe about advice columnists?


Social isolation has gotten you to the point where you’re selling sex to advice columnists, Condi?

(Btw, it’s “ho’ about” in proper urban English. We wouldn’t want Randy Bill to pitch a fit, now.)
Macunaima
 
Posts: 6144
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Picador » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:41 pm

Macunaima wrote:
Picador wrote:He's also very inattentive to typographical errors in his posts, unlike the academics (lecturers actually, it's what he is) I knew who would mark down papers for typos.

:)


Yes, because this is a peer-reviewed publication instead of a few minutes farting around on my iPad between classes and committee meetings. :roll:


It shows a disregard for the details that most academics, bar you, have.
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... ?id=521602
Picador
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:28 am

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Macunaima » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:48 pm

Picador wrote:
Macunaima wrote:
Picador wrote:He's also very inattentive to typographical errors in his posts, unlike the academics (lecturers actually, it's what he is) I knew who would mark down papers for typos.

:)


Yes, because this is a peer-reviewed publication instead of a few minutes farting around on my iPad between classes and committee meetings. :roll:


It shows a disregard for the details that most academics, bar you, have.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :lol: 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol:

Oh, my. You really have some sweet illusions about “academics” that you seemed to have picked up from Hollywood.

But I forgive you. After all, it’s not like you have ever had to write much in your life — let alone translate and/or edit academic works.

Tell me: do you think university professors teach in gowns and mortar boards, too?
Macunaima
 
Posts: 6144
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:56 pm

Macunaima wrote:
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco wrote:Hoe about advice columnists?


Social isolation has gotten you to the point where you’re selling sex to advice columnists, Condi?

(Btw, it’s “ho’ about” in proper urban English. We wouldn’t want Randy Bill to pitch a fit, now.)

No mention of Ssanemax's "I vet he drives a 2CV he got free from a relative."?
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
User avatar
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco
 
Posts: 3719
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Macunaima » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:58 pm

(BTW, I do take points off for grammar and spelling errors when teaching undergrad STEM students. I mean, those kids have to get practice in writing a coherent sentence SOMEWHERE...)
Macunaima
 
Posts: 6144
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Macunaima » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:59 pm

Il Segaiolo Pedantesco wrote:
Macunaima wrote:
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco wrote:Hoe about advice columnists?


Social isolation has gotten you to the point where you’re selling sex to advice columnists, Condi?

(Btw, it’s “ho’ about” in proper urban English. We wouldn’t want Randy Bill to pitch a fit, now.)

No mention of Ssanemax's "I vet he drives a 2CV he got free from a relative."?


Yeah, but Pat is an upjumped chav. Nobody expects any better from him. You, on the other hand, are a self-proclaimed conservative genius.

But take orthography issues up with Randy Bill, please. He apparently gives a shit.
Macunaima
 
Posts: 6144
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Picador » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:03 pm

Macunaima wrote:

A lot of assumptions about moi...and then

Tell me: do you think university professors teach in gowns and mortar boards, too?


As I suspect you got your third class degree from Shitkicker U, Bumfuck, Tenn, so I don't expect you to know fuck all about Oxford.

And apart from Portuguese and American English what other languages can you 'translate'?

:)
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... ?id=521602
Picador
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:28 am

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Macunaima » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:07 pm

Picador wrote:
Macunaima wrote:

A lot of assumptions about moi...and then

Tell me: do you think university professors teach in gowns and mortar boards, too?


As I suspect you got your third class degree from Shitkicker U, Bumfuck, Tenn, so I don't expect you to know fuck all about Oxford.

And apart from Portuguese and American English what other languages can you 'translate'?

:)


Oooer, Squire! Hat’s off! Was there a gaming shop there once upon a time? :)
Last edited by Macunaima on Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Macunaima
 
Posts: 6144
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 1:54 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 55 guests