The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Picador » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:10 pm

Guest wrote:
Question for youse Brits. I once read that when used mockingly “Kevin” is an insult. Is that correct?

Sort of Winston.

It's derived from Harry Enfield's typical teenager character. Applied to someone who's acting childishly/entitled/like a massive cunt, "Stop being a fucking Kevin, you twat".

This is a You Tube vid, ask a competent person to open it for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLuEY6jN6gY
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... ?id=521602
Picador

Postby Macunaima » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:28 pm

Guest wrote:Did you buy his book, or have an 8 year do a snatch and grab from a bookstore?
Oh wait. You’re an academic! You have libraries!

We also know about this thing called “Scrib” and other on-line libraries.

Kevin is a historian in the same sense that that incubus/succubus demon sperm lady is a doctor. But at least she has better stories. His AWI uniform book is a straight ripoff of Mollo, but with horrible copies of the plates.

Yes, and there are a lot of plagiarizing historians out there. He wouldn’t get past any master’s commission I have ever seen, yet he is a historian, if a dishonest one.
Macunaima

Postby kyotebue2 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:52 am

The Nazi page only has 13 new threads today, Tango01 must be taking time off.
kyotebue2

Postby Picador » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:16 pm

kyotebue2 wrote:The Nazi page only has 13 new threads today, Tango01 must be taking time off.

He has weekends off. Do try to keep up.
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

Picador

Postby Voice From Limbo » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:42 pm

He started a partial boycott, after his last DHing, IIRC. Is he back on Mondays now?
Voice From Limbo

Postby frotherPest » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:46 pm

Wasn’t Scribd the site that also has loads of pirated miniatures gaming rules?

Is there anything you actually buy in the hobby?
Nobody ever reads the fine print.
frotherPest

Postby Ssanemax » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:27 pm

frotherPest wrote:

He's an academic. Poets are the unacknowledged educators of the world. Professors the acknowledged tight-wads of the Universe. I vet he drives a 2CV he got free from a relative.
Ssanemax

Postby Picador » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:36 pm

Ssanemax wrote:
frotherPest wrote:

He's an academic. Poets are the unacknowledged educators of the world. Professors the acknowledged tight-wads of the Universe. I vet he drives a 2CV he got free from a relative.

He's also very inattentive to typographical errors in his posts, unlike the academics (lecturers actually, it's what he is) I knew who would mark down papers for typos.

:)

Picador

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:26 pm

Ssanemax wrote:
frotherPest wrote:

Hoe about advice columnists?

https://slate.com/human-interest/2020/0 ... -cake.html

Dear Prudence,

I had a small, socially distant party for my birthday. It was supposed to just be my brother, roommate, boyfriend, and me. But my brother brought his new girlfriend, “Emily,” and her small son without asking. Our apartment is on a busy street, and our yard is not fenced in. It wasn’t fun. We had to keep an eye on the kid so he wouldn’t run off the patio. Emily was more interested in our beer than anything else.

My roommate got me an expensive cake. She was handing out slices when Emily pushed her over and tried to take a huge slice for her son. I stopped Emily and told her to take a smaller slice, since the cake was very rich. Then I put the rest of the cake back in the fridge. I told my brother he needed to get a handle on the situation, but he just told me to chill. When they left, only my brother said goodbye to us. Then my boyfriend looked in the fridge and noticed that my cake was gone. I was pissed off and ran after my brother. They were still in the parking lot, trying to buckle up the kid. I went up to Emily and demanded she give me back my cake. First she said she didn’t know what I was talking about. Then I saw the cake box on the back seat and told my brother to give it back. Emily swore I had given it to her because “cake is for kids.” I called her a liar. My boyfriend and roommate followed me out, and my roommate went around the car and opened the door to grab the cake. Emily tried to stop her. The cake ended up on the ground. The kid started crying, Emily started swearing, and everyone went home mad. Emily claims it was an “accident,” but I believe my roommate, and she says Emily knocked it out of her hands. I want nothing to do with Emily ever again, and I am angry at my brother for bringing this witch and trying to defend her. Everyone in our family is appalled by what happened. I told him when Emily apologizes and replaces my cake from the same bakery then I will forgive her. He got angry at me because it was a $50 cake from the city. He told me I was being petty and unreasonable and that it was just cake. I don’t care. My birthday was ruined. This was the first time Emily met anyone in our family, and she got drunk and stole from me. This is a red flag if there ever was one. I don’t think I am out of line here.

—Cake Tug-of-War

I’ll happily concede that your brother should have asked before bringing two guests, one of whom was a child in need of constant supervision, to your birthday party, particularly when social distancing is still so important in preventing coronavirus transmission, and that Emily’s behavior was rude. But neither your brother’s thoughtlessness nor Emily’s rudeness justifies your own response, which was nowhere near the line. You had a number of opportunities to let something go or politely put your foot down before you found yourself arguing with a drunk woman in the street over a cake (yes, even a $50 cake from the city) while her child cries in the back seat. You have the right to decide whether someone is a guest in your home, and when your brother showed up with two strangers, you could have said, “I’m sorry, but I can’t safely accommodate surprise guests. Let’s find another time to plan a safe introduction.” But once you’ve let them in, you ought to treat them with basic hospitality, and insisting someone take a smaller piece of cake is not the act of a good host. The fact that Emily got drunk and ignored her son reflects very badly on her indeed, but if your brother was unwilling to handle it, the best response available is not “Take a smaller piece of cake, you witch,” but to tell them, politely and firmly, to leave. And escalating the situation by chasing after them doesn’t seem to have done much to make your birthday party any more fun. It didn’t even get you your cake back.

I’m sorry your party was unpleasant, and I’m sorry one of your guests took your leftovers. You have sufficient reason to dislike and distrust Emily and not to welcome her into your home again. But what if you (and your roommate and boyfriend) had let it go and focused on having a good time after your brother and Emily left? Plus, it’s a waste of your time and energy to try to persuade her to replace that cake or to grant her the power to “ruin” your birthday. Someone has to deescalate this, so unless you want to spend the next year going back and forth with your brother over whether he owes you another cake, let that person be you.
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Macunaima » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:28 pm

frotherPest wrote:

Poxa. If Scribd makes you start turning red, white, and blue about intellectual property rights, please don’t ever google “Library Genesis” or “Da Archive”. It might be too much for your social-distancing-weakened ticker.

And have you stopped beating your mother yet?
Last edited by Macunaima on Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macunaima

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot