The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Bronshtein » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:45 pm

Now, don't sell him short.
You've all got too much faith in the teaching establishment.
A head teacher of my acquaintance (former head teacher actually 8) )was convinced the brain was a muscle. Despite me and two medical professionals, one ed psych and one mental health, telling them it wasn't, they weren't really convinced.
It's not surprising the country is in the state is is.
If Canada is halfway as bad, Mr M is probably deputy Head at least.
Bronshtein

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:01 am

Bronshtein wrote:Now, don't sell him short.
You've all got too much faith in the teaching establishment.
A head teacher of my acquaintance (former head teacher actually 8) )was convinced the brain was a muscle. Despite me and two medical professionals, one ed psych and one mental health, telling them it wasn't, they weren't really convinced.
It's not surprising the country is in the state is is.
If Canada is halfway as bad, Mr M is probably deputy Head at least.

don't get me started.

'on our Mock SATS we ran, half our pupils are only average or below. I want us to make sure next time we do better than that'

'Ummmmmmmm'
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby GarrisonMiniatures » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:01 am

Mind you, I can remember (many, many years ago) walking around a GCSE Modular exam and noticed some of the kids were sitting a paper they hadn't studied - it had been given to them by mistake... non of them had noticed and they were quite happily doing the paper...Fair enough, they were a lower set but it is still very discouraging...
GarrisonMiniatures

Postby Derek H » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:14 am

Ssanemax wrote:'on our Mock SATS we ran, half our pupils are only average or below. I want us to make sure next time we do better than that'

'Ummmmmmmm'

They could make a start on that with better teaching of statistics.

It is quite possible, indeed common, for more than half of a population to be above or below average if you're talking about the arithmetic mean (which is what most people think about as "average"). The median (50th centile) is something different, by definition half the population is above and half below.

For example it's said more than 99% of the population in Norfolk have more than the average number of fingers on their hands. It's true, but not how you may think. The numbers of people with missing fingers make the average 4.99 whatever. Everyone with 5 fingers on their right hand is above average.

Another example is wages, 50% of UK full time workers earn around £30,000 or below, 50% above (the median). But the mean wage (average) is up near £37,000. It's quite a bit higher than the median because relatively small numbers of really high earners skew the distribution.
Pimping my blog at http://dereksweetoys.com/
Derek H

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:26 am

Derek H wrote:
Ssanemax wrote:'on our Mock SATS we ran, half our pupils are only average or below. I want us to make sure next time we do better than that'

'Ummmmmmmm'

It is quite possible, indeed common, for more than half of a population to be above or below average if you're talking about the arithmetic mean (which is what most people think about as "average"). The median (50th centile) is something different, by definition half the population is above and half below.

For example it's said more than 99% of the population in Norfolk have more than the average number of fingers on their hands. It's true, but not how you may think. The numbers of people with missing fingers make the average 4.99 whatever. Everyone with 5 fingers on their right hand is above average.

Another example is wages, 50% of UK full time workers earn around £30,000 or below, 50% above (the median). But the mean wage (average) is up near £37,000. It's quite a bit higher than the median because relatively small numbers of really high earners skew the distribution.

The average dog has less than 4 legs.
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Derek H » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:47 am

Fewer :-)
Pimping my blog at http://dereksweetoys.com/
Derek H

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:27 am

Derek H wrote:Fewer :-)

Feck Orf :D
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Khusrau » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:57 pm

On TMP we could quite adequately prove that cats were dogs merely through logic. Weaselly would be amazed.
Khusrau

Postby Macunaima » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:34 pm

Africa fails regardless of what model its various countries chose.

The problems are cultural, institutional, ethnic, tribal, religious and just about any other factor you want to add.

Gee, I wonder what other factors Arealdeadone has in mind? Something tells me that the histories of the slave trade, colonialism, and superpower manipulation somehow wouldn’t make that list.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=535000

Of course, not politics at all, neh?
Last edited by Macunaima on Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macunaima

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:34 pm

Derek H wrote:

'Ummmmmmmm'

You are a spectacularly dull person. I bet when you enter the room other people leave.
One day, Derek, you'll meet a lady, and she may well let you touch her.
You will then realise what you've been wasting all your time on.

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot