The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:13 pm

Bronshtein wrote:But they did imply that being thirty years old was a bar to interest, even if you liked torture porn - hence my post and Pat missing the point.



nope, didnt miss the point.

'Donald Trump is one fucked up old man.'

being old and being fucked up are different things, merely added to that sentence to strengthen the contumely, and being old is not in itself a bad thing.

I think you misunderstood HIS meaning. I believe he was aiming for "These are crap figures and on an unlikeable subject - why would someone drag these out and start remaking them now? after 30 years??'
User avatar
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco
 

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Picador » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:23 pm

I didn't say anything about their age, only their shiteness.

If they were brand new yesterday they'd still be shite.

Picador wrote:
The Fiend wrote:
General Paranoia wrote:
kyotebue2 wrote:So what is TNP up to today???

leaking members as usual

And supporting family friendly advertisers.
http://theminiaturespage.com/news/?id=576567621


I find the most offensive thing about them is their utter shiteness. Shite sculpts, shite casts, shite paint jobs. Shite.
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... ?id=521602
Picador
 
Posts: 895
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:28 am

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:14 pm

Picador wrote:I didn't say anything about their age, only their shiteness.

I find the most offensive thing about them is their utter shiteness. Shite sculpts, shite casts, shite paint jobs. Shite.
[/quote]


They have a certain old-school charm, like a Razzle-Stack, or that movie you made with your wife when Digital Cameras were first a thing. But like them, they are best remembered with an amused smile rather than put back on sale with a front-page advertisement on a website otherwise renowned for its family friendly values and keen support for the rights of women, minorities and the oppressed people of the world.

Rather than re-issuing them, they should have offered the molds to Annie Norman. she would have taken their hand off.
User avatar
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco
 

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Macunaima » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:29 pm

Ssanemax wrote:They have a certain old-school charm, like a Razzle-Stack, or that porno you made with your wife when Digital Cameras were first a thing.


FTFY.
Macunaima
 
Posts: 6149
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Bronshtein » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:31 pm

Ssanemax wrote:nope, didnt miss the point.

'Donald Trump is one fucked up old man.'

being old and being fucked up are different things, merely added to that sentence to strengthen the contumely, and being old is not in itself a bad thing.

I think you misunderstood HIS meaning. I believe he was aiming for "These are crap figures and on an unlikeable subject - why would someone drag these out and start remaking them now? after 30 years??'

Somebody should notify the WHO, Blanchette Syndrome is spreading.

To use your Trump example:

'Who is even voting for this idiot?
Even if Trump's policies were you're thing, he's old and nobody likes tall men these days.'

The age is clearly the problem. The policies are put to one side, as was the nature of the models, the emphasis is on the age and the scale.

Perhaps he meant what you think - it's not what he wrote.

And as we've seen the age of a figure is not necessarily a problem
User avatar
Bronshtein
 
Posts: 8019
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:53 am
Location: The Promised Land

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:34 pm

Macunaima wrote:
Ssanemax wrote:They have a certain old-school charm, like a Razzle-Stack, or that porno you made with your wife when Digital Cameras were first a thing.


FTFY.


well done for spotting what I meant. would you like me to go ''wah-wah-wa-waaaaah' next time?
User avatar
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco
 

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:36 pm

Bronshtein wrote:
Ssanemax wrote:nope, didnt miss the point.

'Donald Trump is one fucked up old man.'

being old and being fucked up are different things, merely added to that sentence to strengthen the contumely, and being old is not in itself a bad thing.

I think you misunderstood HIS meaning. I believe he was aiming for "These are crap figures and on an unlikeable subject - why would someone drag these out and start remaking them now? after 30 years??'

Somebody should notify the WHO, Blanchette Syndrome is spreading.

To use your Trump example:

'Who is even voting for this idiot?
Even if Trump's policies were you're thing, he's old and nobody likes tall men these days.'

The age is clearly the problem. The policies are put to one side, as was the nature of the models, the emphasis is on the age and the scale.

Perhaps he meant what you think - it's not what he wrote.

And as we've seen the age of a figure is not necessarily a problem


I don't feel like arguing about it. I didn't read what he said as meaning 'old = bad' Let's all move on. :)
User avatar
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco
 

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Bronshtein » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:07 pm

Oh! :shock:
Okay, sounds good.
Sorry if I seemed to be argumentative. :D
User avatar
Bronshtein
 
Posts: 8019
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:53 am
Location: The Promised Land

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby frotherPest » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:24 pm

Bronshtein wrote:
Derek H wrote:I don't think anyone was saying that all 30+ year old sculpts are garbage.

But they did imply that being thirty years old was a bar to interest, even if you liked torture porn - hence my post and Pat missing the point.
Also: 'in a scale nobody uses'? Bollocks
The quality is crap and the subject vile
but as Pat so wittily intimated: they are different things.


You are right in that it seems I implied that age means low quality.
What I meant was that there already exist a few lines of torture porn miniatures that match common sizes and sculpting styles used today. I find it odd that someone would say to themselves “you know, there’s a market for these shit, pervvy, misogynist miniatures from 30 years ago that maybe only a literal handful of people in the world remember and aren’t pining for.”
Besides Brother Vinni, you can find that kind of crap in Kingdom Death.

However, going with your line of thought, remembering my earliest miniatures days in the late 80s, none of those models are still in my collection and none of them would fit in style or size-wise.
The overall quality of sculpting, in my opinion, has improved. There are more avenues for talented people to produce new models.
Unless you purposely collect older lines, 25mm models look out of place next to the 32mm stuff made today. Even my older 28mm stuff is looking short.
Nobody ever reads the fine print.
User avatar
frotherPest
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Guest 3 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:43 pm

Macunaima wrote:I am the world's largest gaping cunt.


FTFY
User avatar
Guest 3
 

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Derek H, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 69 guests