The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Michael » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:27 am

From my years punting my old 6mm sci-fi on LAF I found TWW much more accommodating in terms of liking 6mm.
I have found the same of late with my 15mm fantasy.

It is my own superficial view that LAF whilst massively busy is very bias toward pretty 28mm from the 'big boys'.
TWW is not as busy as LAF, but seems to cater for a more diverse crowd, in terms of scales and companies.
In that there are a lot more 'indie' / 'grass roots' companies on TWW and a lot of stuff that is not just 28mm.

Your thoughts?
Michael

Postby tiacapan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:40 am

Personally, I’ve given up on TWW, I gave it a go but the number of responses wasn’t worth effort of posting (especially in the fantasy boards).
The voices in my head want me to hurt you...
tiacapan

Postby Bronshtein » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:02 am

Yes. TWW is a much broader church.

TWW is diverse, inclusive and all encompassing.
Discussion is varied and includes some quite exciting off the wall thinking on many facets of wargaming rather than simply painting 28mm figs. Painting 28mm figs is okay but there is a lot more to wargaming (without going down the UsCha route).

Re Tiacapan - I'm surprised, but I don't really frequent the Fantasy Boards. Maybe encourage others to have a look - a bit of cross posting on other fora/social media?

I'm probably not the desired demographic but when someone directs me to a data collecting and marketing site (Facebook) to try and find something, I sometimes have a go and if it requires me to join Farcebook that's as far as it goes - finding stuff on open pages reminds me of bits of my old job and fuck that was boring when someone was paying me to do it.
Bronshtein

Postby Derek H » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:23 am

I like TWW, but I find the interface a bit of a PITA to use. It stops me visiting as often as I might.
Pimping my blog at http://dereksweetoys.com/
Derek H

Postby Michael » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:24 am

tiacapan wrote:Personally, I’ve given up on TWW, I gave it a go but the number of responses wasn’t worth effort of posting (especially in the fantasy boards).

Hi, things have moved on since you last logged in*, would you consider a re-visit?
My own topic (fantasy) has over 33,000 views and is the biggest topic on TWW.

*I am assuming your username there was tiacapan?
Michael

Postby tiacapan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:40 pm

That was my account but nowadays post under another Username (I only keep this one active here because it's not worth changing it), so i pop in fairly regularly. I'm not a prolific poster and don't get me wrong I've had a couple of good discussions with people in the past but lately I've been posting mainly 28mm Fantasy Battle Reports which doesn't seem to be generating much interest.
The voices in my head want me to hurt you...
tiacapan

Postby Teddy Roosevelt » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:03 pm

Winnie the OFM wrote:
dog wrote:magical monsterous steve is clearly a Bill puppet.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... 940&page=2

I mean seriously, could it be any more obvious??

Would that Bill had thought the same way, way back in the mists of time. :D
I might not have come away thinking he was a horse’s ass.

He’s not into bullying! Imagine that!

He’s not into bullying people he likes.
Anyone he doesn’t like is not being bullied.
Teddy Roosevelt

Postby General Paranoia » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:34 pm

Bill used to come over here and get his arse handed to him on a plate, then go back to TNP and take it out on people there.
He maybe a bully on TNP, but he's only taking out his frustration at being bottom of the heap in every other aspect of life.
He's to be pitied as much as loathed, but the temptation to laugh at him is often too strong to resist.
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
General Paranoia

Postby So well.. » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:15 pm

Tangoaticus wrote:Snowflake is such a funny term. Lets look at this another way.

Bill loves the term "snowflake" but he was the one who added censorship rules to TMP, because people made fun of Fox news.
So well..

Postby Derek H » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:21 pm

General Paranoia wrote:Bill used to come over here and get his arse handed to him on a plate, then go back to TNP and take it out on people there.
He maybe a bully on TNP, but he's only taking out his frustration at being bottom of the heap in every other aspect of life.
He's to be pitied as much as loathed, but the temptation to laugh at him is often too strong to resist.

I find that the temptation to laugh at him is usually too strong to resist.
Pimping my blog at http://dereksweetoys.com/
Derek H

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot