The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Hew Johns » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:14 pm

Yeah! which one of you is Texas Jack? Hm?
C.P.C.B.
Hew Johns
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:50 am

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:19 pm

This latest balls-up of his is an absolute cracker, eh?
In fact, I think it's his best because this one has legs.

The only downside is that he will try to backtrack because he did say (and I can't remember the exact words) that this latest policy was just a trial. So he could rescind it with some honour.
The only good thing is that this would still be tantamount to admitting it was the wrong thing to do in the first place and he just seems incapable of accepting that.

What an utter bell-end.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby waco joe » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:20 pm

Hew Johns wrote:Yeah! which one of you is Texas Jack? Hm?


Well I am Waco Joe and agree 100% with my fellow Texan. I wrote this when I was asked if I thought it fair for members to point out new products and kickstarters:
To be honest, it is very fair for me to be able to do it as long as I do not have a relationship with the company. You already have rules about manufacturers creating sock puppets:

snip passage from Bill's Rules

and if you want to prohibit them from posting without paying for advertising that would be your right and a little easier to fathom. But to limit the hoi polloi from merely mentioning some of the goodness of the hobby they have found strikes me as antithetical to the spirit of the community you have built here.
waco joe
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:53 am
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby General Paranoia » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:25 pm

Guest wrote:This latest balls-up of his is an absolute cracker, eh?
In fact, I think it's his best because this one has legs.

The only downside is that he will try to backtrack because he did say (and I can't remember the exact words) that this latest policy was just a trial. So he could rescind it with some honour.
The only good thing is that this would still be tantamount to admitting it was the wrong thing to do in the first place and he just seems incapable of accepting that.

What an utter bell-end.


If Bill backtracks and stops the trial, he will be admitting he fucked up and Frothers wins!

Hi Bill 0;)

Image

Must be another Frother!
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
User avatar
General Paranoia
 
Posts: 10343
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:13 am
Location: Helping Bill make the right choices

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby heaps of bodies » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:28 pm

General Paranoia wrote:If Bill backtracks and stops the trial, he will be admitting he fucked up and Frothers wins!

Hi Bill 0;)


Better - it will prove he no longer has any power on his own website, that a few moaning customers are more important than he is.

It will be the same as that moment they asked the East German spokesman WHEN the border would be opened and he guessed on the hoof 'Straight away, I think'
User avatar
heaps of bodies
 

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby General Paranoia » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:35 pm

heaps of bodies wrote:
General Paranoia wrote:If Bill backtracks and stops the trial, he will be admitting he fucked up and Frothers wins!

Hi Bill 0;)


Better - it will prove he no longer has any power on his own website, that a few moaning customers are more important than he is.

It will be the same as that moment they asked the East German spokesman WHEN the border would be opened and he guessed on the hoof 'Straight away, I think'


Who can repress a giggle when Bill is seen to be being pushed around by his members?

Image
So many secret Frothers rebelling against him now!
This is the point where he discovers he's only left with Forther sockpuppets!
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
User avatar
General Paranoia
 
Posts: 10343
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:13 am
Location: Helping Bill make the right choices

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby guest » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:39 pm

Holy crap. The whole house of cards is crashing down.

Stay tuned. Total about-face and humble pie noshing, or total catastrophe?
User avatar
guest
 

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby General Paranoia » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:53 pm

guest wrote:Holy crap. The whole house of cards is crashing down.

Stay tuned. Total about-face and humble pie noshing, or total catastrophe?


Domino effect!
Image

I'm expecting Bill to appear on the front back with a photo of him holding a gun to one of the editors heads and a caption "If another one of you leaves "Gwen" gets it!"
It's not like he hasn't thrown them under the bus to generate sympathy subscriptions in the past.
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
User avatar
General Paranoia
 
Posts: 10343
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:13 am
Location: Helping Bill make the right choices

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby DirtyColonial » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:55 pm

Well, Bill is somewhere to the left of me politically, so I usually avoid this place, but I was told to check out this thread after he deleted quite a few of my posts. The sheer number that have been thrown down the memory-hole on this one is staggering.

The absurdity of being unable to discuss miniatures on a miniatures-forum was too much for me. It's honestly one of the more idiotic things to come out of TMP, and that is saying something. I'm not going to waste my time checking to see if a manufacturer advertises with him before I post, and run the risk of it being deleted! What's the fucking point anymore? 90% of what I do over there is try to find stuff that will work for whatever ridiculous idea I have had. He sure seems to enjoy a ludicrous level of censorship on topics he finds distasteful!

And the arrogance, for fuck's sake! I guess I can't talk about Aeronautica Imperialis, as Games Workshop is obviously too poor to afford a banner at TMP! And god-forbid I post anything about the 3D-models of sci-fi stuff that I make and print via Shapeways. No, I can only use the absolutely useless "Hobby News" section for that, once I pay him no less!

I ask again, what is the point of a damn forum, if you can't talk about anything? Just disable the forums, and make the page one big pile of banner ads!

I've lurked, or been a member, since the days of the Major General's site. In fact, it was how I was introduced to the hobby, via Ral Partha colonials.

Looks like it's Lead Adventure, TWW, and Dakka-Dakka now!
User avatar
DirtyColonial
 

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby General Paranoia » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:07 pm

DirtyColonial wrote:Well, Bill is somewhere to the left of me politically, so I usually avoid this place, but I was told to check out this thread after he deleted quite a few of my posts. The sheer number that have been thrown down the memory-hole on this one is staggering.

The absurdity of being unable to discuss miniatures on a miniatures-forum was too much for me. It's honestly one of the more idiotic things to come out of TMP, and that is saying something. I'm not going to waste my time checking to see if a manufacturer advertises with him before I post, and run the risk of it being deleted! What's the fucking point anymore? 90% of what I do over there is try to find stuff that will work for whatever ridiculous idea I have had. He sure seems to enjoy a ludicrous level of censorship on topics he finds distasteful!

And the arrogance, for fuck's sake! I guess I can't talk about Aeronautica Imperialis, as Games Workshop is obviously too poor to afford a banner at TMP! And god-forbid I post anything about the 3D-models of sci-fi stuff that I make and print via Shapeways. No, I can only use the absolutely useless "Hobby News" section for that, once I pay him no less!

I ask again, what is the point of a damn forum, if you can't talk about anything? Just disable the forums, and make the page one big pile of banner ads!

I've lurked, or been a member, since the days of the Major General's site. In fact, it was how I was introduced to the hobby, via Ral Partha colonials.

Looks like it's Lead Adventure, TWW, and Dakka-Dakka now!


All proper wargames forums! If Bill had any real interest in wargaming I doubt any of this would have happened. He's completely out of touch with the hobby and in particular his members. The site has just become means of making money for the least amount of effort and if he hits a problem you see a really mean and petty side to him. He's made himself into an unlikable buffoon when he could have been someone of importance that shaped and built the hobby. TMP was wasted on him.
That said, he's a tragically comic figure and always unintentionally funny providing you don't actually have to deal with him or trust him with your money!
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
User avatar
General Paranoia
 
Posts: 10343
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:13 am
Location: Helping Bill make the right choices

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 72 guests