The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby guest » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:17 am

Too right!
Lets call them Japs!

Postby Macunaima nli » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:08 am

Guest wrote:I wonder how many of us have recast figures in our collections?
Was that offer on eBay or TMP Marketplace too good to be true?
Wargames Foundry figures have a weird connection to recasting. It seems that the “madman” who owned the company was prone to giving away figures in bulk quantities to favored people. Or was he? The story is murky.
I once bought a lot that I was sure was pirated. I sent an email to the company with particulars. I got a reply that told me to mind my own business.
Even now you can find sales of Foundry figures on the TMP Marketplace that look fishy. But he’s been doing it so long, it seems legit. He might even have permission from the “madman”. Who knows?
BTW, I was told by a Brit who knew him personally that he was “mad”, so it’s not my term. :D

I KNOW I do. Back in the 1980s and ‘90s, when I was a poor lad, the only figures for sale in Brazil were pirated GW stuff. I have a ton of 28mm and Battlefleet Gothic from that time. Remember that this was pre-internet.
Macunaima nli

Postby Macunaima nli » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:12 am

Obese Trout wrote:TMP: still calling Japanese "Nips" in 2019 ...

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... 19&page=60 ... amongst other threads ...

I mean, even the Japanese only call their lowest antisocial classes "Yankees" FFS ...

Better “nips” than “japs”, I guess. The Japanese call their country “Nippon”, so you could make a case that “Nip” is like “Brit”. And sure, it was used in a racist sense back in WWII, but then again, so was “Jap”.
Macunaima nli

Postby gustav » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:33 am

What a chuckle from my inbox. Always amusing to see revisionist claptrap in a begging letter, nearly deleted it as some shonky spam at first.

-----
Dear TMP Member,

Thanks again for being an active member of our great wargaming community.

As you probably know, our website is funded both by paid advertising and by paid memberships. What you might not realize is that your paid memberships allow us to maintain balance, so that we are not unduly subject to the influence of powerful game companies.

Just this month, a rules publisher (I won't mention the name) demanded that we remove a member's review of their ruleset. We told them we couldn't do that, but that the company was welcome to respond in our forum and rebut the negative review. They chose not to post on our forum, but instead angrily condemned TMP for being full of negativity!

As you and I know, TMP provides a vital role in our hobby by allowing our readers to voice their opinions - positive or negative! - without being censored by commercial interests.

For those of you whose Supporting Memberships have lapsed, we invite you to come back and support TMP again as we continue to make the hobby a better place. Your memberships pay for everything from dental care for our staffers to compensating the artists who paint for our Showcase articles. We appreciate all that you have done for us in the past, and hope that we have earned your future support.

Happy Gaming!

- Bill Armintrout, editor
The Miniatures Page
-----------------------------------------
gustav

Postby Picador » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:34 am

Irony free!

Hi Bill!
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... ?id=521602
Picador

Postby gustav » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:36 am

oh and the biggest irony was the Subject !!

"[TMP} Your Support Keeps TMP Independent"
Obviously only as long it is from a paid advertiser.
gustav

Postby Campari Reg » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:49 am

You'd better get over there with your funny page capture thingy.
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=515237
Campari Reg

Postby Campari Reg » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:49 am

You'd better get over there with your funny page capture thingy.
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=515237
Campari Reg

Postby Khusrau » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:22 am

General Paranoia wrote:Seems Bill really wants to keep half of TMP in the dark about his new posting rules, so he can improve their moral by deleting their posts with no explanation! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
deadhead wrote:That I would totally accept.
All I ever asked was that he would just inform members about this new policy, rather than just delete new postings that do not conform to the changes that most are totally unaware of.
But I have this morning agreed with him to stop complaining and am now doing so. This is a service I very much value. It is his creation. It is his to manage, as he sees fit.
I have never been hostile to him about a "New Policy" that I did say might actually be an advantage to us (even if unrealistic in practice). I just begged him to communicate. He, politely, asked me to stop complaining in a personal message this morning.
I agreed. I suspect this will all sort itself out in the end and we will continue to share valuable info on our hobby interests.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... 915&page=3

And then he knew 2+2=5, and he was happy.
Khusrau

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:51 am

deadhead wrote:He, politely, asked me to stop complaining in a personal message this morning.
I agreed. I suspect this will all sort itself out in the end and we will continue to share valuable info on our hobby interests.

You keep telling yourself that, you gutless piece of shit.
One mild passive/aggressive threat and you crumble.
Where's your fucking backbone!?
Stay on TMP where you belong and keep sucking Bill's cock. He's cowed you. He owns you. You let him.

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot