The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby General Paranoia » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:15 pm

Quotes wrote:
General Paranoia wrote:I think it's time to remind him of one of his quotes

Editor in Chief Bill wrote:Being responsive to our community makes us successful.

Where is that quote of his about his actions not affecting TMP?

While searching for that quote I stumbled on this which is hilarious in hindsight
Bill tying himself in knots lying about not being Monty Schwab
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45031&start=2820
I expect it will be the same with him denying being "Thad Blanchette" right up to the time his hosting company pull the plug on TMP

Oh and "Hi" to the people coming from TMP, trying to find out what's going on!
Basically Bill's changed the rules about what you can post but isn't letting anyone know what they are exactly.
Also he's not prepared to talk about it while he tries to figure out a way to undo the changes and at the same time trying to avoid accepting responsibly for it or having to apologise.
The odds are on him blaming it all on his sockpuppet account "Thad Blanchette" in much the same way he blamed the Transpinay Helper fiasco on his sockpuppet account Monty Schwab.
It's just history repeating itself :roll:
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
General Paranoia

Postby General Paranoia » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:30 pm

General Paranoia wrote:and another one breaks the rules
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=515086

Glad to help, Bill! 0;)

And it's gone!
Morning Bill! 0;)
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
General Paranoia

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:36 pm

It’s time to make a hard decision, Bill.
Is TMP your hobby, or is it a main source of income?
If it’s your hobby, than do what you want. Let the RWNJs run rampant. Lock out all who disagree with your politics. Lock out any who dare to suggest your site could be run better. You know you do.
Insult advertisers, particularly British ones. Flit all over social media defending your policies.
Make a daily drive by on Frothers to attack and defend.
Et cetera. Keep having fun, and driving off sources of income.

But. And this is a big but.
What if TMP is a main source of income?
I’m in sales. I don’t have to like my customers or agree with them. If they hate Fox, I show them that this band if channels has CNN and MSNBC. I sold home security to a girl who wore a tee shirt with “MILITANT LESBIAN ATHEIST” on it. I didn’t suggest that maybe that’s why she needed home security... She was a very sweet girl, by the way.
Nor do I tell a woman “Jesus, you’re fat!” No. I sell her a triple play.
I don’t tell them that Cable is a luxury, and stop bitching about your bill. I show them how to save by putting Roku on their auxiliary boxes. I tell them how to call and lower their bill. I don’t snub them for being cheap fucking tightwads.

In essence, Bill, I’m telling you that if you depend on TMP for income, stop driving away your sources of income. If you’re independently wealthy, and TMP is just a hobby, continue on your course. But there are reefs ahead.

You once ran a Poll, or was it just a question? I forget which. “Am I your friend?” You were quite put out when I replied “No. not since you treated me like shit.”
After that, I was a customer. Only. And I found TMP useful. I patronized your advertisers, often mentioning that I saw their wares advertised on TMP. I’m less and less likely to do that.

A really dumb person would see that ad revenue is slipping, and then raise the rates. :D

It’s in your hands now. Stop treating TMP like it’s your private club house. Start treating people fairly. Change. Reach out to the advertisers that you have banned. Or is that too much like work?

TMP used to be good, until you .... (Fill in the blanks.)

Postby General Paranoia » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:49 pm

Guest wrote:It’s in your hands now. Stop treating TMP like it’s your private club house. Start treating people fairly. Change. Reach out to the advertisers that you have banned. Or is that too much like work?

That would mean admitting he's wrong, and Bill is never wrong, nor does he apologise. He'd rather lose everything.
General Paranoia

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:27 pm

Voice From Limbo wrote:Poll Suggestion:

"Shall Bill head up a new pole?"

I read that as “Shall we have Bill’s head on a pole?”

Or possibly “Shall Bill give head to a pole?”

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:29 pm

General Paranoia wrote:That would mean admitting he's wrong, and Bill is never wrong, nor does he apologise. He'd rather lose everything.

True.
But who really gives a fuck whether he does or doesn't listen or change his mind?

Postby Michael » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:31 pm

"I've been chatting with Bill about how the new rules apply to advertising shows and conventions. Small, non-trade events can go in Hobby News (not the general forum), organisers of bigger events need to become advertisers if not already. Bill, if I got any of that wrong please correct

"

So you can get some hobby news published on the front page without paying, but if you do pay, you can't get your news on the forums, ever.
Michael

Postby General Paranoia » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:40 pm

David Manley wrote:I've been chatting with Bill about how the new rules apply to advertising shows and conventions. Small, non-trade events can go in Hobby News (not the general forum), organisers of bigger events need to become advertisers if not already. Bill, if I got any of that wrong please correct

Apparently Bill is unable to bring himself to speak to the hoi polloi so David Manley is acting as a mediator...

Let us hope that Bill recovers and is able to return to making public appearances.
I am reminded of "The Madness of King George". I gather while in one of the fits of madness, King George's writing style changed considerably which in Bill's case, could account for the wildly fluctuating style of the "assistant editors" posts.
Perhaps Bill should be contemplating appointing a Prince Regent to take over while he is incommoded?
I would be happy to see David Manly take over, but I fear that Martin Goddard will have already borrowed a Prince Charming costume from the Women's Institute Christmas panto and be waiting in the wings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lCIh2aCH_o
General Paranoia

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:51 pm

Michael wrote:"I've been chatting with Bill about how the new rules apply to advertising shows and conventions. Small, non-trade events can go in Hobby News (not the general forum), organisers of bigger events need to become advertisers if not already. Bill, if I got any of that wrong please correct

"

So you can get some hobby news published on the front page without paying, but if you do pay, you can't get your news on the forums, ever.

That’s exactly how I interpret it too. :D

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:55 pm

Guest wrote:
General Paranoia wrote:That would mean admitting he's wrong, and Bill is never wrong, nor does he apologise. He'd rather lose everything.

True.
But who really gives a fuck whether he does or doesn't listen or change his mind?

Because Bill shuns good advice like a vampire shuns the Cross.
Giving him good advice is the surest way to watch him paddle his kayak over Niagara Falls.
You can feel virtuous pretending to help, but even better knowing it will be rejected.
Win win.

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot