The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby General Paranoia » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:35 pm

Oh dear, people are mocking Bill now!

>Bill: "Our advertising rates are low. If a company can't afford our rates, they shouldn't be in the business."<

Does GW advertise here? Do they know it is very inexpensive?
(I don't recall ever seeing a banner ad of theirs here…)

GW isn't denoted as an advertiser in the manufacturers directory.

Interestingly, there are several boards specifically dedicated to Warhammer & 40k. I wonder if they will be deleted under the new policy?

You must report to editors about this violation. They may not to be informed that GW is illegal.

I expect GW are happy to 'thin the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed forums fall off the radar, leaving the better managed forums to dominate the news sphere.
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
General Paranoia

Postby Voice From Limbo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:58 pm

General Paranoia wrote:The sans-culottes are now demanding answers from King Billy.
Will he make an appearance at the balcony or send in the Swiss Guard to clear them out?

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... 915&page=2

Or will he end up with his head on a poll...

Poll Suggestion:

"Shall Bill head up a new pole?"
Voice From Limbo

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:30 pm

I was trying to assess how the rest of the civilized world was discussing this mess.
I googled “TMP’s latest screwup”, but all I could find were Trump references.

Postby General Paranoia » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:39 pm

Guest wrote:I was trying to assess how the rest of the civilized world was discussing this mess.
I googled “TMP’s latest screwup”, but all I could find were Trump references.

The majority of wargamers either know nothing of TMP or just don't care about it.
It's only really of interest to the surviving members of TMP and the dozen or so of Bill's Comedy Club fans here.
When it started to blow up on Twitter, a lot of the reactions were "What's TMP?"
The majority of TMPers still don't know about the new rules as Bill has hushed it up, but I expect it will begin to appear on blogs as the hilarity unfolds

and another one breaks the rules
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=515086

Glad to help, Bill! 0;)
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
General Paranoia

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:02 pm

I sent a note to an online friend who had been locked out about Bill’s latest escapade.
His response was basically “Who cares? I’ve moved on.”
Bill isn’t getting anyone back. Not that he wants them.

There’s only one solution to his latest issue.
Rescind it immediately, and not just in TMP Talk. He has to post it in all the boards.
Since advertising on TMP is “so inexpensive”, as he insists, what has he got to lose?
If TMP was the go-to forum for all things relating to miniature wargaming, as he seems to think, it’s to be expected that some “leakage” from non paid advertisers is to be expected.
Advertisers were paying because they expected more than haphazard... advertising. It’s his fault they weren’t even getting that. Although Battlefront and Butler’s seem to have been rather consistent.
Brigade Games and Old Glory seem to feel like they’ve been slapped in the face. “What do you mean I have to take out an add to say ‘See you at Fall In, and send us your orders 10 days early?’” And even then there’s no guarantee that the ad will appear in time.

For Bill to fix this mess of his own making, he’s going to have to put in some work. Hard work, which he is probably incapable of.

I underestimated the fans’ loyalty to Tango01, by the way. There’s something else you have to attend to, Bill. Groveling might help.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:03 pm

Free advice is worth every penny you pay for it, but it’s free. :D

Postby General Paranoia » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:09 pm

Someone should pay for Tango to become and advertiser.
Routing his daily spam though Hobby News should keep Bill and his imaginary assistants busy "extracting" and "editing" text.
General Paranoia

Postby Bill's Fan Bois NLI » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:35 pm

Hoist with his own petard, Bill-doh is!
Bill's Fan Bois NLI

Postby General Paranoia » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:41 pm

I think it's time to remind him of one of his quotes

Editor in Chief Bill wrote:Being responsive to our community makes us successful.
General Paranoia

Postby Quotes » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:51 pm

General Paranoia wrote:I think it's time to remind him of one of his quotes

Editor in Chief Bill wrote:Being responsive to our community makes us successful.

Where is that quote of his about his actions not affecting TMP?
Quotes

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot